Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's playing Online on XBox?

• 06-05-2014 12:47pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

I couldn't help myself and started playing GTA Online about 10 days ago having been playing it in a friend's on his PS3. I had to buy some XBox Gold so I could which was most frustrating but kinda worth it (the sooner this comes to PC the better).

So who's still playing this online? I looked and saw 3 Boards.ie Crews and none of the names jumped out at me. I'd love to be getting some big Races and Death Matches going, I never seem to have more than 3 or 4 opponents.

XBL Tag is the same as here: Shiminay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say you might get a better response on the Online thread as people might just be subscribed to that thread and more people would check that than the whole GTA thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057016015

On PS3 on the Boards-ie crew, there are about 6 people on a night but fairly easy to arrange a game on the online thread. I think if people know there will be a good crowd on a specific night, they are more likely to jump on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, the problem is that's an almost 9000 post thread and is way too difficult to find relevant info (note, this is probably the main reason mega threads are a terrible, terrible thing, whatever about the debilitating impact they have on the databases).

Separate threads for PS3 and 360 would be a most useful start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ah yeah looking for info, better off asking like this but looking for active players, that's a good place to check. I think there might be other threads for separate ps3 and xbox meet up's but they're not very active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ill be on sometime this evening. ill add you. im connected with dusty and a couple of others so maybe we will get some races done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Shiminay wrote: »
    Hello all.

I couldn't help myself and started playing GTA Online about 10 days ago having been playing it in a friend's on his PS3. I had to buy some XBox Gold so I could which was most frustrating but kinda worth it (the sooner this comes to PC the better).

So who's still playing this online? I looked and saw 3 Boards.ie Crews and none of the names jumped out at me. I'd love to be getting some big Races and Death Matches going, I never seem to have more than 3 or 4 opponents.

XBL Tag is the same as here: Shiminay

On here Joseph Balls, Ivy Slayer, Gordon, IrishStuff09, madalig and bluemachaveli (sp?!) are ones I think are fairly active. Their gamertags are different though, I'll let them tell you! Hopefully this new update on 13th will sort out my issues and I'll be back. I miss it, best craic I've had in an online game.

• Advertisement

I'll be on myself this evening from around 9:30ish I'd say, look forward to see ye there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'll be on myself this evening from around 9:30ish I'd say, look forward to see ye there :)

Grand job, will be on after ten, you are already on my friends list, not sure what game we have played in the past. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Probably be on tonight: rurpled

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Just joined the crew there, 2 weeks ago. Not many on during the night but i'm on most nights after 10. GTag: Zemuppet if anyone is interested

I just got home for the evening so am getting a bite to eat. Will probably be online in 30 or 40 mins I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Good fun tonight

Sorry Gordon, was too tempting not to shoot :P

Aye, that was fun, I look forward to doing it again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

All good fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DGThread

I am, message GT Hardstyle if you would like to play some GTA this weekend. Cheers Mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'm back online. Was away since last week. Was on last night but kept getting thrown out and then not getting back in:mad: Got online for about 20 mins before i went to bed.
    Will be on later around 8-9.
    Frankie, hows it working out since the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

It seemed to work ok for a bit yesterday. Timed out a couple times, but got on free roam eventually for a while and then it timed out when i went into jobs with a couple of engerlish lads. I'll give it a whirl again tonight I think and see how it's going.

I see you can sell whatever car you want now - I had an adder there since before the 1.09 patch or whatever it was and managed to flog it yesterday for 700k or so. Got rid of my Cognoscenti Cabrio too :(. My second favourite car (behind my Sabre, I have that looking cool as fook), but let's face it, it was slow as molasses. Might get the Zentoro, looks legend. Have four muscle cars in the garage now: Phoenix, Sabre, Vigero and Dominator :D.

Advertisement