Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Options
  • 15-08-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭

This looks like it could be the biggest and best multiplayer of all time (not counting WOW shyte)

There is a Boards.ie Crew you join, just head to the below link and send me an invite request. I will send an invite back and you will have to check again to accept it.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Add your gamertag and console in this thread for people to add you online.

Mine is PS3 - sheehy83

GTA Online general information

• Rockstar started thinking about making Grand Theft Auto Online when they began making GTA 3
    • The GTA Online demo shown to press was the PS3 version
    • PS3 isn't the lead platform, GTA 5 is the first in the series to have a parallel development
    • Rockstar says "there's very, very little difference in the development state of them both. They're both very similar. It would be hard to tell them apart."
    • GTA Online looks like GTAV with almost no compromises, though details on cars may be streamed in slightly differently
    • Rockstar is already thinking about the future "in terms of missions, new content, clothes, apartments, for the next while". It plans to use data from players in building the future of GTA Online
    • Rockstar wants a player's online identity to exist and to be shared throughout its games, Max Payne 3's crews is an example of this
    • Rockstar wants to keep adding new things to build GTA Online into a world and has set it up with no limitations: "We could, if we wanted, simulate the entire world, different countries, whatever. Whether we do that or not... But we've got a bunch of old stuff that we're toying with using."
    • Rockstar is focusing on getting the current gen version out, and will "see what happens in the future" with regards to next-gen
    GTA Online gameplay details

• GTA Online is a persistent online world for 16 active players, but hundreds of thousands of players (however many take part) exist in the larger universe
    • It retains almost all of the core gameplay from single-player; Looting, co-op heists, deathmatches, races, gang attacks, crew vs crew playlists, sports (like tennis, BASE jumping, golf and more), plus 'ambient' events like armoured van robberies, crate drops, import/export car acquisition, bounties
    • GTA Online looks like GTA 5, with no compromises
    • Characters lip-sync "broadly" when their player speak
    • Before starting heists or hold-ups, players can choose masks to disguise themselves. These can be ditched later to lose a Wanted star
    • Police have a "cone of detection" which players need to stay out of
    • Whoever does the job gets the cash, and can choose how to split it
    • Cars can be insured and replaced
    • Players complete missions and activities for Reputation Points, money and material assets
    • Players can create their own missions using Creator tools
    • You open up the Creator and can place all your spawn points, place some props, place cars, place planes, place anything you want around the world. It is published to the Rockstar Social Club Cloud where others can download it
    • Players can pick preferred creators
    • Initially players will be able to create races and deathmatches
    • Rockstar will introduce new tools and content over time
    • GTA Online will launch two weeks after GTA 5
    • GTA Online is accessed through a fourth character slot in the selection wheel
    • There may be a small download when Online is available two weeks after launch, possible a small unlock code (TBC - details to follow)
    • There is a character creation system to create a multiplayer avatar, stats from the campaign will not carry over
    • The world of GTA Online is set slightly before the GTA 5 story
    • GTA Online will take you through some introductory missions to start with characters from the game explaining mechanics and systems
    • It flows like single-player in terms of progression, but not story
    • Players will be scored and ranked on individual mission types in GTA Online
    • Rockstar has an "internal score" that can rank people on shooting, driving, flying, parachuting
    • It will release enough data "for people to know exactly where they stand within all their skills"
    • Stats and other player information will be available through Rockstar's Social Club, it currently has no plans to release a dedicated mobile app, but you can use tablets etc to view the Social Club site
    • Rockstar has implemented "good cheater management" to make sure people behave
    • A "Passive mode" can be activated so players can't shoot people, but also can't be shot
    • Carrying around lots of cash can be a risk, but players can visit the bank to deposit money and keep it safe
    • Personal vehicles can't be stolen by others as they can be locked, however they can still be damaged or blown up
    • Players can be given a "Bad Sport" stat for misbehaving and if they're too bad they will be punished
    • Other players will be able to identify a player with a bad sport stat
    • Cars can be bought or stolen. When stolen, players can be modified them with a custom spray jobs and plates. If they aren't changed they may activate a wanted level if spotted by the police
    • A character can be employed to repair your cars and deliver them, he won't deal with stolen cars, however. You can phone him to drop off cars to you.
    • Camera angles during driving can be manually changed, as in GTA 4
    • Rockstar's long-term vision is to let players turn their finished games into a movie. Although it says it is "doable" it's just a dream at the moment
    • You can't share Weazel news online, you can only watch the feeds from your apartment when friends or crew members have a Wanted level
    • Rockstar is still balancing the money earned from missions so it fits in with the flow of purchasing property and cars
    • Investing in stock and shares is also available online, you can buy shares in a car company, target that company's cars to have insurance replace them and the stock price will go up
    • Players can form cartels but will Rockstar will assume the role of "government" to "make sure there's nothing untoward happening"
    • Press seeing GTA Online were only shown a bit of the map, " there's a whole other chunk of map" that wasn't seen
    • "There's a lot of toys out there, and a lot of areas for people to use, to make their missions"
    • The apartment TV airs a detective show, but Rockstar North's president didn't actually know what it was since the team is still adding new content into the game
    • Players have access to a planning board similar to the one in single-player. It has all the maps, people, and the dots to show you where you've got to go
    • GTA Online missions will be "simpler" than the heists in the main game at first
    • Underwater gameplay isn't going to be big part of the initial GTA Online content suite, but Rockstar will start looking at it after the initial batch of "hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of missions" are delivered
    • Activities such as two-player tennis will be available in GTA Online
    • Players engaging in side-activities "won't be terrorised", they can enjoy a tennis game without being griefed
    • Using their phone, players can call characters and access services to help them complete missions. For example, two players can enlist in some AI-controlled characters to complete an eight-player mission, or call in an airstrike, or turn off blips to hide from other players.
    • New characters offering new services are introduced as players progress
    • Rockstar is planning "huge" things for "Crews, playlists, challenges"
    • The ability to mix and match missions to create playlists is a possibility

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

CVG interview with Rockstar North President re: GTA V Online -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/423020/gta-v-interview-rockstar-north-president-leslie-benzies-on-gta-online/

PSN: Ade_LFC_Alves

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    PS3 - harleybill

Have tried to request an invite to the Boards Crew but it says Request Failed. Username is harleyPenn

Invite sent.

that cvg article is class. When a member of your crew is in a poilce chase, your tv in your apartment will show the chase live on weasel news. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Invite sent.

that cvg article is class. When a member of your crew is in a poilce chase, your tv in your apartment will show the chase live on weasel news. :eek:

The depth of content is crazy. It sounds like you have to drop off your money at the bank, but there's the risk of being killed and losing money, so you can hire a bodyguard to do it!

Also loved the idea that you can manipulate the stock market by attacking limited companies to damage their share price, and then invest.

One line that stood out to me was this:

Leslie Benzies claims that Los Santos is only the beginning. The volume of creator tools, missions and items will grow, but at some stage GTA Online will head into new locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

Ps3- yerman22
    I'm already on the boards crew, cannot fu??ing wait for this!!!!!!!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

PS3 MutzKee, joined the crew a couple of days ago, CAN NOT WAIT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭_Puma_

I'm predicting this is going to be big. Genuinely surprised to see the scope and depth of content in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sent a request there lads, Rockstar Social Club name: cournioni. My PSN is the same as that too!

Really looking forward to this lads (and lassies)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

PS3 - tl1979

add me to the crew, I think my user name is 2smiggy for the rockstar crew site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

PS3 - Hoop66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I'm not usually that big into online gameplay but christ on a bike that looks and sounds fantastic.

PS3 - jamesd8915

Can I also be added to the Crew, same ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

BAZ171075 - PS3.. already a crew member...

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Talk about the game and not some pointless invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Talk about the game and not some pointless invites.

Yet post in the thread an add nothing helpful? Good man.

I'll try set up my account and will give you a shout Sheehy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

This is incredible - gta + mission editor! (sorta)

Looking forward to creating cartels too, I wonder is money transferrable though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thats crazy is the video just online? it looks like a whole new game online:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

this looks amazing..i usually dont play games online but i will make an exception for this one.

Sent out a few invites there if ye want to check the Crew website. If you didn't get them, let me know.

I'd say it's fine to post crew requests here as it has to with specifically with the Online mode. I doubt we will hear much more about multiplayer until release so might as well build up the crew and add friends while it's early days.

I actually CANNOT WAIT to go rob an off-license with 3 of ye wearing the monkey masks and then tear off into the desert where I toss a grenade at ye and take off with the full cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I actually CANNOT WAIT to go rob an off-license with 3 of ye wearing the monkey masks and then tear off into the desert where I toss a grenade at ye and take off with the full cut!

I vote we get a new leader for our crew :(

I vote we get a new leader for our crew :(

Delete your last post and i'll go 50/50 with ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'll probably be lone wolfing it until some friends get it.
    What's the name of your crew? Just so I know who I am getting shot by. :pac:

EDIT: Followed the link never mind. See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭pedatron

PS3 - pedatron. Social Club name is the same! I'd love an invite thanks! :)

Wow I've never seen any game done to this scale and detail. The ONLY pity is (and its a small one) that this game is coming out a month before the new consoles launch! I hope that doesn't take away from it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

YESS!!! you can trade money!! (sorta, if you drop money someone can pick up all of it)
    Brilliant, I'm going to become a multi billionaire and real world trade all of it away!

...Mwa hahahah :D

Oh and by the way,

PS3/Social Club Name: Jamez735

I'd really appreciate an invite too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm gonna be secuirty waiting at the offie for ye scumbags to arrive, rocket launcher in the windscreen.

I can see alot of x player wants to kick me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I just want to be the getaway driver. Hopefully there will be a radio station with some synthrock like M83 or some stuff like Kavinsky from the movie Drive.

Jamez, can't find your username on rockstar website, can you go to the crew page and request an invite?

Its mad how if you are doing a heist and start shouting into your mic, the teller gets more scared and gives you money faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I just sent a request to join the boards.ie crew.

Can not wait for this.:D

PSN stephen-s

I just want to be the getaway driver. Hopefully there will be a radio station with some synthrock like M83 or some stuff like Kavinsky from the movie Drive.

Aw yeah, basically a radio station with just the drive soundtrack.

Preview from Gamespot. Rediculous amount of detail in the game.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/why-grand-theft-auto-online-is-crazy-enough-to-work-6412714/

Also, CVG released an analysis vid of the online gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Must renew my Xbox Live sub for this.

Gamertag below.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement