Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise new build semi-detached

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,185 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jester77 wrote: »
    you shouldn't be able to hear your neighbours in a new house like that.

Realistically, not only is it possible, its almost guaranteed that you will in a new house.

It'd be worse if the doors were at the edge I suspect - they've got the less used parts of the house joining (stairs/halls) and the living rooms to the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

It'd be worse if the doors were at the edge I suspect - they've got the less used parts of the house joining (stairs/halls) and the living rooms to the edge.

This is why we bought the house, thought we would have less problems with sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

snoopy29 wrote: »
    He has his TV on so loud with the door open in the evenings I can barely have a conversation outside with someone sitting next to me.(

This is either an exaggeration or you have seriously sensitive hearing! Or he has a sound bar and sub woofer under his TV. Nobody needs a TV up that loud unless they have hearing problems.

I have lived in a terraced house in Dublin all my life and have never had problems like this. Sounds like shoddy building work!

Advertisement