Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What works best candy cart ? Chocolate fountain at a wedding

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Post ceremony nibbles are a great idea. Chocolate fountains look great, but having seen them being made, i was put off. It's kept liquid with equal qty veg oil to chocolate. Ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

pwurple wrote: »
    Post ceremony nibbles are a great idea. Chocolate fountains look great, but having seen them being made, i was put off. It's kept liquid with equal qty veg oil to chocolate. Ew.

Really?? Ewww

I always thought it was just warm chocolate flowing. I've never had the opportunity to investigate though. They don't appeal to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My friend has one and doesn't put veg oil in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Gatica wrote: »
    Luckily for my man, he's not under my thumb and, messy or not, will do as he pleases... Doubt most men will care about a bit of chocolate on a dark suit, the girls may not like having it on their dresses though... especially the bride, and especially at the start of the night.

Oh I didn't mean he was under the thumb far from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

michellie wrote: »
    My friend has one and doesn't put veg oil in it?

I have one and have never heard of that...

You want it kept warm, there's usually a warming setting on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

When we got married we didnt go for either.
    we booked a Ferrero Rocher heart stand for ore reception and the sweet Ferris wheel for the evening.
    I think the crowd was Carolyns Sweets. Found them on donedeal but there on fb too.
    they gave us a free mini ferrero stand for to go alongside the Ferris wheel as we bookes both stands.
    whole thing went down a treat.
    Just find the carts are quite common

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

mauzo! wrote: »
    I have one and have never heard of that...

You want it kept warm, there's usually a warming setting on it!!

The domestic ones are not the same as commercial. The chocolate is kept oily in those to prevent everything clogging up.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kate!!!

blahblah06 wrote: »
    When we got married we didnt go for either.
    we booked a Ferrero Rocher heart stand for ore reception and the sweet Ferris wheel for the evening.
    I think the crowd was Carolyns Sweets. Found them on donedeal but there on fb too.
    they gave us a free mini ferrero stand for to go alongside the Ferris wheel as we bookes both stands.
    whole thing went down a treat.
    Just find the carts are quite common

Do you have any pics of the Ferris wheel ? Thanks I'll look for on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

The domestic ones are not the same as commercial. The chocolate is kept oily in those to prevent everything clogging up.
    Agreed, I think while one may try to keep really high choc quality with friends at home, a business is more likely to just make something that's more convenient and possibly cheaper.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Therefore, if you did have a stain, and managed to sponge off all the chocolate, you'd still be left with a grease patch. Lovely.

Put the money into food and drink.
    Sandwiches /nibbles on arrival to the reception. A wedding I was at, they had the photos in the church grounds, so told the guests the local pub across the road had laid on sandwiches and tea/coffee. That tanked people up until dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I wouldn't bother with sweets/chocolate.

Who wants to eat sweets with beer?? (or any alcohol).

Put your money into sandwiches on arrival imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I know as the bride you're probably fretting about making your wedding memorable for guests. I've never found "entertainers" or sweet jars to do that in a positive light though. The people, the nice venue and the good food does that.
    Honestly, I think plentiful drink and food on arrival is the best treat. Was at a wedding recently where they had the most delicious canapes, but unfortunately not nearly enough of them. I'd have polished off a whole tray of them by myself...
    As long as the venue looks nice and pretty already or a little decorated, you don't really need gimmicks or other entertainment. Maybe music, but after that just leave people be. I think most adults are plenty capably of entertaining themselves for a couple of hours and usually appreciate the good company of their friends and the surrounding wedding setup.
    I don't think distractions like a fountain would add much, considering how much it would cost you and the potential for chocolate messiness.

Advertisement