Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverfest 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

MarkR wrote: »
    Fireworks were nice, being an hour late without a peep was a bit ****.

Anyone know was that a mini-copter floating around the fireworks? Did it have a camera?

Just seen some aerial photos go up on Facebook, check out Tony Grehan photography. Think it was his that was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Toffeeboy wrote: »
    I see the 9pm fireworks started at 10pm.

nice though.

Anyone know was that a mini-copter floating around the fireworks? Did it have a camera?

In fairness I think it would have been worse if it did start at 9, it was far too bright then. The should have made an announcement though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Fidget Feet in Arthur's Quay Park looks pretty good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Same every time there's fireworks on the river.. Always advertise ann hour earlier, hardwork keeping small kids entertained by a cold river bank for an hour.
    Marty.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was in all afternoon yesterday and I have to say that Riverfest is like the English soccer team; less than the sum of it's parts. There is a lot of good stuff going on but it's all so badly organised that it lacks any real cohesion and is much less enjoyable than it should be. It's a pity, a lot of money clearly goes into it. A lot of effort is made by each of the different acts and events. But as a whole, it just just doesn't really work. It's a pity but it's down to very bad management and it's time that the council takes a hard, honest look at what Riverfest is, what it should be and how to bridge that gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Just seen some aerial photos go up on Facebook, check out Tony Grehan photography. Think it was his that was there.

10294481_1434268153488650_3974951123261893959_n.jpg

Yeah that was Tony's mini-copter with a go pro camera in it, he was taking video of the event and put some images from the video on his page, the video will be up there soon. He has some other great videos of Limerick up on his page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-Grehan-Photography-and-Video/1414649522117180?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

iguana wrote: »
    And another cock up. The Riverfest page says entry to the mobile planetarium is free but it's actually €3. http://www.explorationdome.ie/xploration-dome-mobile-planetarium-limerick-riverfest-2014/

Great for a family that's really low on cash but promised their kids a visit.

Went to have a look around with kids. Surprised to see the planetarium charging €3 per person, we didn't go in too expensive for a family. I am not sure but I think the "haribo experience" may have been charging too?

€3 for a candy floss or a basic crepe or any thing on the French patisserie stall.
    Hot dogs and burgers €5 and €6 minimum along the street. Unfortunately That all mounts up if you bring in kids. Absolutely nothing free from what I could see. Rows of sweet stands too.

I've just found out that there was a soap box derby from an earlier post here. If you click on the programme for what's on there is no mention of a soap box derby being on, and was there some funfair in Arthurs Quay park? Only saw it from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

juneg wrote: »
    Went to have a look around with kids. Surprised to see the planetarium charging €3 per person, we didn't go in too expensive for a family. I am not sure but I think the "haribo experience" may have been charging too?

€3 for a candy floss or a basic crepe or any thing on the French patisserie stall.
    Hot dogs and burgers €5 and €6 minimum along the street. Unfortunately That all mounts up if you bring in kids. Absolutely nothing free from what I could see. Rows of sweet stands too.

I've just found out that there was a soap box derby from an earlier post here. If you click on the programme for what's on there is no mention of a soap box derby being on, and was there some funfair in Arthurs Quay park? Only saw it from the car.

Haribo was free. Child got free sweets from them. you could get free food from the bbq. there was free music on the streets. I think there is a trad concert in the park tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

A few pics from last night.
    _DSC0180.jpg
    _DSC0290.jpg
    _DSC0283.jpg
    _DSC0210.jpg
    _DSC0183.jpg
    _DSC0292.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just heard Sharon Shannon playing a free gig in arthurs quay park where was this advertised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

About two weeks ago, I picked up a pamphlet off of a table at a bar, and it listed all of the events people mentioned here plus more, including places, times, and free stuff.

Problem was, it was the only copy in the bar, and the bar owner had no clue where it had come from. Someone just left it behind and I happened by at the right moment.

Not that Limerick should be spending a fortune on full-color fold-out pamphlets for everyone in Ireland, but clearly the information was available & well-organized, if only someone had figured out the right platform to reach the general public.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Caught Sharon Shannon with my mam we went in when I saw it on Facebook.how the hell was this gig not on the riverfest ad in the post

Advertisement