Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with electronicpartner.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 14 Verified rep Electronic Partner Support

dudara wrote: »
    Posters - I'd imagine that a lot depends on whether ElectronicPartner were the original retailer of the item.

If they were, then they have obligations under Consumer law, assuming of course that the item is truly faulty (and not damaged).

If they are engaged independently to provide a repair, then they have to stand over the quality of that repair, again covered by Consumer law.

The question for me (and I don't know if this was already provided), were they the original retailer of the device?

No we where not. This is why i don't understand that they blame us for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

No we where not. This is why i don't understand that they blame us for it.

Can't speak for that particular poster but I think he/she is annoyed because there is a charge for a repair that was carried out despite the poster not wanting the repair to be carried out. My understanding of it anyway.
    johnsuperf wrote: »
    ...They want to charge me 60 euro for a new lcd and i have declined that offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 johnsuperf

an update on my lg phone.Last week they said to me that i would have to pay 10 euro to have the phone posted back to me i agreed to that and paid them over the phone for the postage.I phoned them on friday and they told that it has been sent.I phoned them on monday and enquired about it again they said they would phone back and let me know they never did.I phoned them on tuesday to enquire again and they gave me a fastway track no. that DOES NOT EXIST.I phoned back again to tell them about the NON EXISTANT TRACK NO. THEY GAVE ME.They said they would phone me back in a short while and let me know and of course they did not phone back which to be honest is what i expected from them.So at this stage my phone IS LOST they do not know where it is and once again it is not surprising what will be surprising is if i actually do receive the phone back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 onlydave

First sent my sony tablet to electronic partner on the 4th of june 2014, screen was broken.

took a couple months for the part to arrive because "the wrong screen was delivered" the first time and then they had to order it again from asia. when i eventually got it back at the end of august it wasnt reasembled properly. The back wasn't even attached properly and when you held it by the bottom left, pretty normal thing to do if you squeezed very lightly to grip it the screen would turn off.

Sent it back again in the hope they'd just do the install job properly but they've ordered another screen again so another 1-2 months i guess. Really borderline rude customer care the whole way.

So if all goes well this time total turn around to replace an LCD on a Sony Xperia Z tablet is 5-6 months at a cost of 170 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 35 demonreedler

It seems in the past few months Electronic Partners have done NOTHING to improve their customer service. In fact they seem to go out of their way to annoy their customers.

I sent a tablet off to them via the An Post pickup, stupidly assuming this was a professional setup. To cut a long typical story short - no update as to the status if the repair, no emails answered, their phone number is wrong, the corrected number is a call centre in the UK (who are very, very rude) that claims not to be able to contact the Galway centre directly, the call centre don't recognise or cant check the RMA number that the company gave me.

I might as well have put a blank label on the envelope and suck it in the post. I have no idea where my device is or what is happening to it.

I wish I had just sent it back to Expansys for a refund. Expansys recommended this crowd, yet they now tell me they cannot contact them either.

Unreal - how or why would you want to run a company as badly as this. Why then do they get shirty when people post bad reviews !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 14 Verified rep Electronic Partner Support

It seems in the past few months Electronic Partners have done NOTHING to improve their customer service. In fact they seem to go out of their way to annoy their customers.

We did actually a lot, we have invested in a call center in the UK not in India in order to support EP in Ireland and UK, and in a new internal Job tracking system. Unfortunately for everyone the new system has issues and we working on it to solve it. Therefore and correct online update is at the moment not available on all jobs. Just send me your RMA number per PM and i will check where your device is.

kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

We did actually a lot, we have invested in a call center in the UK not in India in order to support EP in Ireland and UK, and in a new internal Job tracking system. Unfortunately for everyone the new system has issues and we working on it to solve it. Therefore and correct online update is at the moment not available on all jobs. Just send me your RMA number per PM and i will check where your device is.

kind regards

I notice how there is no apology in your reply. Even just a 'sorry for any inconvenience caused' would go a long way.

Now I understand what kind of company you are running and why there are so many complaints about you.

kind regards

Your internal job tracking does not work and I have your own Call centre to verify that .... it might as well be in India because they could not give me any information on the status of my repair, they couldn't put me in direct contact with a person actually working in Galway, they didn't have access to my emails, they couldn't retrieve my details, so what is the point to the call centre ?

So I'm afraid as a customer I see no evidence to support the claim that you have 'done a lot' - as far as I see you sen a device to you and all you can do is hope an pray to see it again some day ... repaired !

.... Just send me your RMA number per PM and i will check where your device is.

kind regards

Surprise, surprise ... needless to say I PM'd this Electronic Partner-poster (twice) as requested and didn't get even the courtesy of a response. So the comment above was clearly just for show .... atrocious customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

kind regards
    I am very taken aback by the tone of this official reply. Not one hint of regret, no apology for systemic failures or the poor customer service up to this and no indication if when things are expected to be corrected.
    Astonishing!

• Advertisement

<SNIP> - Please do not post PMs without the permission of both parties. PMs are a private exchange mechanism.

This gets even better ............ !!!! The above is an exchange I have had with somebody (unidentified) claiming to represent Electronic Partner. Basically because I 'the customer' had the cheek to register my frustration at the total lack of communication or nay update on where or my device was, they have decided to throw a wobbler and send it back to me. I didn't officially request it's return. And they clearly see no irony in communicating with me directly through Boards.ie but won't do so through their own communication channels. Is this a serious company at all?

Needless to say I responded to this last PM received but have had no reply since. I contacted their call centre yet again and got no joy. They did agree however that taking me to task on Boards.ie was out of order and would ask the Galway manager to contact me directly. The manager hasn't of course.

I am at a total loss to understand this company's attitude ...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭traume

Im in the same boat as original poster.
    They want 45e+10 for delivery. It suppose to be warranty repair.
    I wrote 2 emails - no response, called last week - no response.
    Today called - number changed and I was calling to late, I'll try tmrw.
    All I want now is just to get my phone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

traume wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as original poster.
    They want 45e+10 for delivery. It suppose to be warranty repair.
    I wrote 2 emails - no response, called last week - no response.
    Today called - number changed and I was calling to late, I'll try tmrw.
    All I want now is just to get my phone back.

Was going to send my iphone5 to them for a camera lens repair, thankfully I found this thread and will go somewhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭traume

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Was going to send my iphone5 to them for a camera lens repair, thankfully I found this thread and will go somewhere else!

I recently got my phone back without any payment.
    I'll try make short story out of this -
    1) called zillion times, - no response
    2)agent picked up and said that they doesn't do LG warranty - i said check your website and then she admitted - they do LG warranty, manager will call back
    3) week later, no one has contacted me, again - zillion calls to non-existent customer care
    4)again picked up and said, that I haven't sent proof of purchase, checked all paper work and - no one has asked. Anyway, photocopy and send.
    Holaaa, I have my phone back. repair is don correctly, phone works as charm.

If you have any other choice - use someone else. Customer care is close to non-existent.

Advertisement