Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo Ring of Kerry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I cycled the Ring a couple of years ago over two days. We went clockwise as the tour buses go the opposite way and wouldn't have to overtake us. We stayed in Waterville overnight and had a few pints in Micko's bar. Certainly didn't have any trouble with traffic, bar one tourist from a neighbouring county. We really enjoyed it but I haven't cycled any other local routes to compare it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

How difficult is this cycle? A few of us going to do it soon. How long are the climbs and how many are there? Bit worried, I've only ever really done flat spins! Distance ok though

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead, all the other posts seem to be about taking part in the ROK. I'll be in Killarney and have my heart set on doing the ROK. I just have a few questions, I will need to rent bikes. Can anyone recommend a bike shop? In terms of repair gear I'm guessing a few tube and a hand pump, do many villages have a bike shop/pump to get the PSI up? Any general recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sullivans killarney or the big little bike shop killarney are excellent. Sullivans will rent you anything you want and can often provide kit. Every town on the route has a bike shop. Its totally doable. theres lots of great cycling in the area but if you want to do the ring enjoy!

Advertisement