Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think you'd survive the first 48 hours?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Totally agree about the home. They are very secure (against Z's). Remember, they dont have weapons, so a little barricading will go a long way. As mentioned before, if you can remove your stairs then the upstairs is very secure. I am always a fan of height in this scenario. Z's dont climb....

Thats the first 48 hours...... a house / attic is not good for survival against other survivors / raiders.

Loving the chimney-hammock idea! ;-)

I figured the zombies would deal with any raider problems. Hammocks are cool, especially the ones which are substitutes for tents on walkabout ;-) The weather here probably wont go under freezing so theyd be liveable for for most of the year. An attack from above could be a possibility in one but is unlikely if the hammock is camouflaged high up in a tree top and since zombies dont climb it wont be an attack from a zombie whether hanging from a tree, a beam, a strut under a bridge or a chimney stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Could someone who knows how to set up a Poll make one to find out how many people have actual plans for hideaways, supplies, transport and survival in general?

Also, how inclined would others be to try to link up with other survivors, or are people worried about other people stealing from them and sstuff like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

Just hide on the roof of a high building with loads of food and weapons

learn to swim. can zombies swim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

popolive wrote: »

Zombie sharks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I don't think they can swim but they can walk under water as they don't need to breathe.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I don't think they can swim but they can walk under water as they don't need to breathe.

if they tried to walk under water would they not have buoyancy issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Probably not as I'd say their lungs would fill with water . walking would be more difficult though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MyNanoh

I don't know if i would be able to live in a Zombie Apocalypse, I'm so afraid of them when I'm watching a movie (and even when I'm cool in my bed ^^') I think I would be one of them quickly... If they didn't eat my brain until my reborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

if they tried to walk under water would they not have buoyancy issues ?
    Dead bodies float due to the bacteria in the gut breaking down the body and releasing gases into the body cavities. Zombies don't have that break down so they would more then likely sink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

ScumLord wrote: »
    Dead bodies float due to the bacteria in the gut breaking down the body and releasing gases into the body cavities. Zombies don't have that break down so they would more then likely sink.

I saw an episode of Mythbusters, where they tried to walk on the bottom of a lake, like the Z's in Pirates of the Caribbean (they had a boat over their head, for some reason). It was possible, but it was so hard to move & stay upright that it was essentially useless. So I reckon that although the Zs cant swim / float, and will sink & survive, they only dangerous place is at the shore edge if they were to eventually crawl out of the water.
    popolive wrote:
    I figured the zombies would deal with any raider problems...

By 'raiders' , I mean the other survivors who have gone a bit mad (a-la Lord of Flies), think about the bad guys in Mad Max, or The Gov from WD. After the first few days / weeks, these guys (who have survived too) are now short of fuel, water, food, etc, and have no problem taking yours. Who is going to stop them? There are no cops, and it will be a case of might-is-right. I think surviving these raiders will be harder than surviving the first 48 hours.

bushball wrote: »
    Probably not as I'd say their lungs would fill with water . walking would be more difficult though

It just occurred to me that the zombie's sense of smell will be neutralized if it is submerged under water as will it's sense of hearing. Reputedly , loud noise and the smell of the living is what attracts zombies so that can only be a good thing , right ?

[not gonna get into or try to understand how the undead hear or smell :pac: ]

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Id take over a local shop for supplies and lock it down with no way in from the outside

Advertisement