Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 Captain Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil, need the differential

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I've had Rooney marked down as captain for this game for weeks. The only thing that may stop me going with him as captain is Giggs announcing that RVP is back today but I can't see that happening.

RVP is still injured according to Giggs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    zarquon wrote: »
    RVP is still injured according to Giggs

Has the press conference taken place yet? I saw a few Tweets that they were setting up and Giggs has moved the conferences back to where Fergue used to do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Starts at 10.

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    Has the press conference taken place yet? I saw a few Tweets that they were setting up and Giggs has moved the conferences back to where Fergue used to do them.

Happened at 9.30, broadcast at 10. He also quoted the injury news in a seperate interview to MUTV

• Advertisement

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    zarquon wrote: »
    Happened at 9.30, broadcast at 10. He also quoted the injury news in a seperate interview to MUTV

Anything said re tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    Anything said re tactics?

Only this

"It's going to be my philosophy. It's going to be a Manchester United philosophy.

"Passion, speed, tempo, be brave, imagination. Work hard but most of all enjoy it. If you enjoy it, you can express yourself more."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    All of this points to Rooney as captain but you know what he's like. He was poor last week and it takes him weeks to get motoring. Is a happy camp enough for him to get his mojo back?

This captain choice is going to be my most important of the season (I gambled on Aguero last week and now have only a 19 point gap to make up in a league I'd given up on) and it's doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Rooney for me this week. Funny reading posts on here about ramseys great form he has started 1 league game in 4 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Rooney (Norwich H)
    He has made an instant impact in the last two matches and has been key to Arsenal picking up form. He provided a great header for Podolski's goal in the match against West Ham I think it was, and then did really well in the match against Hull, with a goal and an assist.

One of Podolski's goals in that game was from a reflection of a Ramsey shot.

He seems to be returning to his form since he was injured, hard to look past him, especially with Newcastle being a shambles of a club at present.

I've been corrected on Rooney, I should of said his bad performance in the previous match. I think Norwich will set up similiar to how they did against Liverpool, the best attakcking side in the league, they did well to hold them off even though the score doesn't attest to that. Playing away and desperately needing a point, I'd expect a very defensive performance from
    Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    He has made an instant impact in the last two matches and has been key to Arsenal picking up form. He provided a great header for Podolski's goal in the match against West Ham I think it was, and then did really well in the match against Hull, with a goal and an assist.

One of Podolski's goals in that game was from a reflection of a Ramsey shot.

He seems to be returning to his form since he was injured, hard to look past him, especially with Newcastle being a shambles of a club at present.

I've been corrected on Rooney, I should of said his bad performance in the previous match. I think Norwich will set up similiar to how they did against Liverpool, the best attakcking side in the league, they did well to hold them off even though the score doesn't attest to that. Playing away and desperately needing a point, I'd expect a very defensive performance from
    Norwich.
    I have ramsey got him in before last weeks game and agree he is a great option for this week. Im just being petty Ive seen a few people mention ramseys great form its a bit early to be calling it great form.

Rooney (Norwich H)
    Going with rambo.

Dreading watching the pool/chelsea game though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    Rooney for me this week. Funny reading posts on here about ramseys great form he has started 1 league game in 4 months.

In which he had one goal and two assists - 16 point in total.

I think I will go with Ramsey after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Rooney (Norwich H)
    Well this pole doesn't help me very much !! I have the top 4 picks . Rooney,Suarez or Ramsey will get the armband for me .. probably Ramsey .. until 11.29 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud (Newcastle H)
    Pod/Ramsey/Suarez have absolutely no idea anyone know where I can get a 3-sided coin :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Giroud (Newcastle H)
    Podolski or Rooney for me. Oh or Aguero but probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    I dunno. My heart says Ramsey but my head says Rooney. I feel the Liverpool/Chelsea game will be tight so I don't see Suarez getting more than 10 points. Both Ramsey and Rooney have the potential to hit 15--the question is: which one will do it this weekend? Both teams are on something of a resurgence and they're both playing not-so-good opponents.

I think, hopefully anyway, there won't be too many points between them come the end of this weekend. Have it on Rooney currently. May very well leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    Suarez for me

Aguero or Rooney for vice captain is the tricky part...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    cant believe how tight this and the FFS polls are. I reckon the gamblers are goin Ramsey. I on the other hand shall play it safe with Rooney. Exactly level at the top of my money league so this could make or break it either way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Giroud (Newcastle H)
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Suarez for me

Aguero or Rooney for vice captain is the tricky part...

Not tricky at all, Suarez will 100% play so doesnt matter who vice is.

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Rooney now ahead on the FFS poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Podolski might be a good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Rooney (Norwich H)
    was torn between ramsey and rooney, my gut since last weekend was ramsey, the giggs factor has made rooney more appealing but gonna stick with ramsey purely because i think arsenal are likely to score more goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Rooney (Norwich H)
    manual_man wrote: »
    Pod/Ramsey/Suarez have absolutely no idea anyone know where I can get a 3-sided coin :/

They all have 3 sides: heads, tails and the dreaded edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud (Newcastle H)
    Podolski 2.45%? Really? I have a differential so!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ramsey in,Rooney captain..........awaits lots & lots of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Giroud (Newcastle H)
    Think I've finally decided on Podolski, it was my gut choice at the start of the week.

Rooney will have his turn next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    Wouldn't it be kind of funny if both Rooney and Ramsey get 2 points each this weekend?

• Advertisement

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Wouldn't it be kind of funny if both Rooney and Ramsey get 2 points each this weekend?

That's what generally happens when there are a ton of captaincy options to mull over. They all end up with between 2 and 5!

Advertisement