Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society Outing - Ballykisteen Golf Club 24th May 12:00PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Macker1 wrote: »
    How's the weather forecast looking for Saturday?
    It'a a long way to drive to get wet:rolleyes:

stay at home so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

stevieob wrote: »

Definitely not........... Really looking forward to the golf this weekend.

1st round Matchplay Singles on Friday
    Boards Outing on Saturday
    May Medal on the Sunday.

Even bringing the missus to Ballykisteen on the pretence of company so as to smooth my path to the fairways over the three days.

"I booked herself in for some pampering as a birthday treat whilst I do a bit of landscaping on the course :D"

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Is that based on checking the forecast or the GOTY table? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

How's the weather forecast looking for Saturday?
    It'a a long way to drive to get wet:rolleyes:

Am I going mental - yes.

But, did you say you were not going to this one or one of them - we had hope that day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Am I going mental - yes.

But, did you say you were not going to this one or one of them - we had hope that day. :)

Fix,

You are not going mad......

I did say I was going to be more than likely missing the Saturday outing as its the furthest outing I would have to travel too.

That said I'm having a bad week in work and I need something to look forward too. A nice day out with the Boards Society is just what the doctor ordered. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Fix,

You are not going mad......

I did say I was going to be more than likely missing the Saturday outing as its the furthest outing I would have to travel too.

That said I'm having a bad week in work and I need something to look forward too. A nice day out with the Boards Society is just what the doctor ordered. :)

:p

I am - but I had a mental chance put into a little locker in my head when you said you - may not be.

Anyway - cool your coming - we need a target. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Had a stinker of a round this week so I'm all set for a good showing... :)

Definitely not........... Really looking forward to the golf this weekend.

1st round Matchplay Singles on Friday
    Boards Outing on Saturday
    May Medal on the Sunday.

Even bringing the missus to Ballykisteen on the pretence of company so as to smooth my path to the fairways over the three days.

"I booked herself in for some pampering as a birthday treat whilst I do a bit of landscaping on the course :D"

That's some weekend of golf!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

Just dusting the cobwebs off my clubs and looking forward to my golfing highlight of the year ballykisteen saturday followed by concrawood sunday:pac:. will be travelling from the curragh to ballykisteen anybody onroute who needs a lift ?.

Bag ready for tomorrow, enough balls and tees, shoes and clubs cleaned and good to go....

oh yea, and the hair is cut :)

14249187492_4d5d079dd2_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

Bag ready for tomorrow, enough balls and tees, shoes and clubs cleaned and good to go....

oh yea, and the hair is cut :)

14249187492_4d5d079dd2_z.jpg
    Think he must be left handed stevo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Is that Kevin Kilbane Stevo?

ssbob wrote: »
    Is that Kevin Kilbane Stevo?

The very man. He was in town for a few days with mates, one of them the Everton kit man so we had a bit of craic with me in a Liverpool top! He wanted to carve EFC in the back of my head! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Presume M8 is the way to go from Dublin lads?
    (Seem to remember BallyK himself advising against going by Tipp town the last time we were down there? )

PARlance wrote: »
    Presume M8 is the way to go from Dublin lads?
    (Seem to remember BallyK himself advising against going by Tipp town the last time we were down there? )

Quickest way is take the M8 as far as Cashel, turn right coming out of Cashel and head into Dundrum. Then head from Dundrum into Tipp town. The golf course is a few kilometres out the Limerick road. When you get to Limerick Junction the course is on the left hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Enjoy lads even if the weather doesn't cooperate........also put a stop to the player of the year being over today.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Not going to be able to make it, I am gonna be over at Wentworth for the PGA and wont be back until Saturday afternoon. If you can send me the list of names playing i will set up the live scoring for you.

J

The event isn't setup for today. If you PM me the master login I can set it up if you wish

Rain finally seems to be lightening down here. Hopefully it will have cleared completely by 12 o clock.

Big ass crash @ naas north for all you dubs..... Maybe find alternate route

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'm having my pre game fry while others are warming up on the range!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Weather rotten here in the midlands, hope ye get better guys

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

And the results are???????????????

scubapro wrote: »
    And the results are???????????????

1st tigerwood 44 points
    2nd reganovski 40 points (on countback)
    3rd charlieIrl 40 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Bombers paradise. Where's macker?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

ballyk wrote: »
    1st tigerwood 44 points
    2nd reganovski 40 points (on countback)
    3rd charlieIrl 40 points

Holy moly,high scoring today,well done tiger some shooting😱,reganovski again😴and Charlie 40points for 3rd,unbelievable. Congrats all.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Bombers paradise. Where's macker?

He proved he was fallible after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bobster453

Really enjoyed my first outing with the society today.Great craic good company and yes i had the pleasure of playing with two fine exponents of the game of golf who played with finesse and dexterity and came in first and second thanks to my motivational skills..think i will change my handle to dr bob rotella after today..thanks all for the friendly welcome..roll on dunmurray.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bobster453

Really enjoyed my first outing with the society today.Great craic good company and yes i had the pleasure of playing with two fine exponents of the game of golf who played with finesse and dexterity and came in first and second thanks to my motivational skills..think i will change my handle to dr bob rotella after today..thanks all for the friendly welcome..roll on dunmurray.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Fairplay Tiger! You've been to a lot of outings and it's finally great to see you in the winners circle. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

FairPlay Tiger. You deserved it after a serious commitment to the society. Hopefully this win coupled with your finish in Carlow should hopefully guarantee your entry to this years Ryder Jug team!!

Thanks to ParLance and Ballyk for wonderful company in by far my best round of my boards career. Definitely helps having the home pro giving you the lines ;-) Unfortunately my back 9 let me down for a 2nd place another 40 :-(

Will be missing for Dunmurry but back for Gowran hopefully!!

Advertisement