Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to Ratoath

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

mojesius wrote: »
    Hijacking the thread :)

Moved to Ratoath a couple of months ago from d15. Love the area so far but curious if there are any tips for areas in the vicinity for walking dogs off lead? Been walking them through the estates on leash and bringing them to phoenix park or st Catherine's a few times a week for a run around. Any closer parks/areas nearby for energetic dogs.

A few locals told me that they used to be allowed in the racecourse but due to owners not picking up poo, they're no longer allowed. Rathbeggan lakes , seems they're not allowed either. Any tips appreciated!

Have you heard of Balrath Woods? I have only been twice and I cannot remember if dogs are allowed off lead or not though. I know of a local kennel owner who brings dogs there.

http://balrathwoods.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Thanks metalpanic. Yeah we've been there alright. Lovely walk but leads only due to the flora and fauna ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Doyle26

Hello,
    We are considering purchasing a property in Steeplechase, the estate seems lovely and well maintained. Does anyone have insights into mgmt fee costs? Would you recommend it as an estate to start bringing up a family in?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Steeplechase is a fab estate to live in, its quiet enough and very well maintained. Mgt Co are really good now, not so hot at the start but as the development has matured and people are paying their mgt fees you can really see the works going on every year to improve & maintain.
    Seems to be lots of families living here and tonnes of green space for the kids to play.

Been living here for 13 years so if you need any more info just drop me a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mtk2018

Hi everyone , any views on the new Broadmeadow Vale estate?thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Dave_Geoghegan

Hi. My girlfriend and I are looking at houses around somerville and steeplechase in ratoath. Is anyone here living in either of these estates. Looking for information on the build quality of the houses and is there any known pyrite issues in the area? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

Hi. My girlfriend and I are looking at houses around somerville and steeplechase in ratoath. Is anyone here living in either of these estates. Looking for information on the build quality of the houses and is there any known pyrite issues in the area? Thanks

I’m in Somerville and I would avoid at all costs, houses are really poor quality,for example we can hear our neighbors boiling a kettle or flicking a light switch.Also a lot of rented property and plenty of teenagers hanging around top of estate and the bridges.

Can’t comment on Steepechase but houses and estate are better quality and finish than Somerville although some areas seem quite overcrowded.

Ratoath is a nice enough area in general although it has deteriorated in recent years and the plans for high density apartments opposite tescos and next to St. Paul’s primary school won’t help.

The lack of a Garda station and only two pubs, one of which attracts s certain type of individual means l be looking at Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Movinghousenow

Hi,

I'm actively looking at moving to Ratoath and just wondering what is it like to live in.

I noticed lots of cameras at the entrance to Brownstown estate, if someone could shed some light on that please?

Thanks so much

Advertisement