Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick vets under threat from animal abuse gangs

Options
  • 21-04-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

Just saw this story here and it really got to me. It was from a few days ago so apologies if it's already been covered.

What the hell is the matter with these people? Why threaten a vet trying to help a dying animal? What could they possibly be getting out of doing this?

It makes no sense to me... :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I dont know... scumbags

Seriously these guys should be prosecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

They may have been trying to avoid being identified as the owners of the animal, and prosecution for their scumbaggery. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Vermin will be vermin, since when did excuses ever bother them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Bring back the gas chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Living in the Castletroy area, I've seen these "youths" (they're not all young) about. As a horsey person, I am horrified by their behaviour... some of the ponies are only foals that are in those sulkies. It makes me furious when I go past the gravel area they keep their horses in with a tiny bit of food and when I hear the clip-clop of the poor ponies trotting past and barely a pick on them.
    Last year, I was walking home and seen three ponies walking around my estate where I was living at the time. They were in awful condition. The Gardai were called and the two that came out were afraid of horses :rolleyes: Had to let them out go in a field because there was no-one around that would help due to who owned the ponies.
    I have a better use for those bullets the vet was threatened with though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Fcuking dickheads.

What type of fcuktard kicks a pony to death?! I genuinely wish the worst on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A HORSE was left dying for over three hours beside a busy Limerick city roundabout after a vet was warned that he’d get a bullet in the head if he tried to help the suffering animal.

Where were the gardai in that three and a half hours =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fcuking dickheads.

What type of fcuktard kicks a pony to death?! I genuinely wish the worst on them.
    The same type who ran a heavily bleeding horse on a sulky a stones throw from the halting site at Clondrinagh. At least 1 horse died that night. When are we going to see an end to keeping horses in housing estates and the abolition of sulkies. Some people need horsewhipping:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

If that's the way these 'people' treat dumb animals, just imagine what they'd be like to their fellow man...

I can't put into words what I feel about this vermin -I'd likely be banned :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

would they be gangs who like to travel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

would they be gangs who like to travel?

Now that you mention it, it would be indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

It's their culture boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

DarkJager wrote: »
    It's their culture ethnicity boss

update. :rolleyes:

sup_dude wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, it would be indeed

thought as much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Good point.

Unfortunately organisations are afraid to publicly criticize either the Gardai or Government, as they rely on public funding which could be reduced or withdrawn on a politician's whim :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No fear you will hear Martin Collins on the radio when things like this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Even if these kids got arrested I bet they'd get away with it because they're underage. A house on my road had an attempted break in, recently. Two old people live there, and the the two guys who tried to break in were 17 years old and they were caught on CCTV. The Gadaí knew who they were but couldn't do anything because they underage. Really sad state of affairs when you can't even punish people for breaking the law anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Was on a bus the other day and the driver had to stop and call the gardai to deal with an unruly passenger. I could SEE pearse street (dublin) garda station out the window. 15 minutes later, still no sign of the boys in blue and the incident ended of its own accord, luckily without violence.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

chemically neuter them.

Ireland has a scumbag problem. They are doing this because they like to piss people off. no other reason. they arent important but want to feel important so why not do super scummy things just to piss people off. they have nothing to lose and they know it. so what do they add? nothing. why not make sure that they cant procreate? its a violation of human rights but if they are going so far out of their way to prove that they dont value any rights of any creature on this planet, then why not cut them off from the genetic tree? they add nothing to anything and will continue to be a hindrance to civility. end them

Was on a bus the other day and the driver had to stop and call the gardai to deal with an unruly passenger. I could SEE pearse street (dublin) garda station out the window. 15 minutes later, still no sign of the boys in blue and the incident ended of its own accord, luckily without violence.

It's beyond insane at this stage. Look at that video that appeared a couple of weeks ago where a load of goons were kicking in the door of a shop on one of the country's busiest streets.. 2 Garda stations within 10 minutes walking distance and it took them over a half hour to show up. It's a wonder nobody was killed in that incident because members of the public were stepping in trying to bring an end to the madness.

Here we have a vet having their life threatened by a gang. And the only mention of gardai in the article is about how they're now 'investigating'. It quite clearly states that an animal was left to suffer on a busy road for over 3 hours after the threat was made. Is it any wonder these scobes think they can get away with anything?... they bloody well can! Place is becoming totally lawless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

BMMachine wrote: »
    chemically neuter them.

Ireland has a scumbag problem. They are doing this because they like to piss people off. no other reason. they arent important but want to feel important so why not do super scummy things just to piss people off. they have nothing to lose and they know it. so what do they add? nothing. why not make sure that they cant procreate? its a violation of human rights but if they are going so far out of their way to prove that they dont value any rights of any creature on this planet, then why not cut them off from the genetic tree? they add nothing to anything and will continue to be a hindrance to civility. end them

If only!!

Are the Gardai consciously just doing the bare minimum since the wage cuts etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

It's beyond insane at this stage. Look at that video that appeared a couple of weeks ago where a load of goons were kicking in the door of a shop on one of the country's busiest streets.. 2 Garda stations within 10 minutes walking distance and it took them over a half hour to show up. It's a wonder nobody was killed in that incident because members of the public were stepping in trying to bring an end to the madness.

Here we have a vet having their life threatened by a gang. And the only mention of gardai in the article is about how they're now 'investigating'. It quite clearly states that an animal was left to suffer on a busy road for over 3 hours after the threat was made. Is it any wonder these scobes think they can get away with anything?... they bloody well can! Place is becoming totally lawless.

What can the gardai do really? The courts won't send the scum down, and they are cut to ribbons resources-wise...

The scum rule the streets in places, but society seems to have no concrete plans in place to stop them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    What can the gardai do really? The courts won't send the scum down, and they are cut to ribbons resources-wise...

The scum rule the streets in places, but society seems to have no concrete plans in place to stop them

You're saying cops are refusing to do their jobs as some kind of protest over lenient sentencing?
    No chance they're just incompetent and lazy?

Foxhound38 wrote: »

I don't envy what they're up against from all sides, but their resources haven't been cut to the point where it's justifiable for them to have horrendously bad response times for such serious and dangerous incidents.

They seem to be doing alright in their quest against people growing their own weed, for example. There has been a massive increase in the number of raids over the last year. Maybe they should be concentrating their time and resources elsewhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Because, OP, people like that need to be put down and utterly destroyed for being massive gowls :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Im so bloody sick of reading about stories like this. Isnt is about time that we stop pussy-footing around the serious criminality surrounding certain ethnic groups in this country. These people are responsible for a massively disproportionate amount of crime in relation to their population and are hugely over-represented in our prisons, not to mention the low level welfare fraud and tax evasion that they never seem to be held responsible for.
    They have a vocal lobbying group to represent their interests of course however the same group don't seem to be interested in dealing with the considerable negative effect they have on the rest of society. Surely we can't continue indefinitely while a distinct group which form a small minority of our population cause such a negative social and financial impact on the rest of society.
    There has to be some kind of meaningful engagement with these people to change this engrained belief that they are outside normal society and only have to abide by its rules when it's of benefit to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Rabbo wrote: »
    Im so bloody sick of reading about stories like this. Isnt is about time that we stop pussy-footing around the serious criminality surrounding certain ethnic groups in this country. These people are responsible for a massively disproportionate amount of crime in relation to their population and are hugely over-represented in our prisons, not to mention the low level welfare fraud and tax evasion that they never seem to be held responsible for.
    They have a vocal lobbying group to represent their interests of course however the same group don't seem to be interested in dealing with the considerable negative effect they have on the rest of society. Surely we can't continue indefinitely while a distinct group which form a small minority of our population cause such a negative social and financial impact on the rest of society.
    There has to be some kind of meaningful engagement with these people to change this engrained belief that they are outside normal society and only have to abide by its rules when it's of benefit to them

Hear hear......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yeah, and before long they'll be a recognised Ethnicity, giving them even more free reign to do as they like. We express our genuine contempt for their behaviour and we get a ban or a lot of criticism, they do what they like and it's their culture.

• Advertisement

99.9% of the country are sick of them

Advertisement