Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal trainer....as if this hasn't already been done to death !

Options
  • 21-04-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for a personal trainer, had a good search around the forum but couldn't find much that was relevant/ up to date.

I live near Swords and I'm in college in Maynooth. So someone based around Maynooth , Celbridge, Leixlip, Lucan , Blanchardstown or Swords area (basically along my route to/from college) would be ideal.

I would consider the city centre also but would be very hesitant to, and place would need to have fairly convenient parking (if not free parking).

I'm basically looking for someone to train with once a week that would be able to design a programme for me to work with for the rest of the week outside our session and teach me how to do things correctly without injuring myself.

Also someone who is a reasonable enough price would be great since I'm a student and going to be using money I've saved up to do this. I suppose what I mean is I really couldn't afford much more than €50 a week/session.

Ultimately I would like to lose some weight and improve my general fitness, (just to be able to complete a 5k race would be amazing ! )

I want to improve my strength and flexibility too as I horseride and have been finding my complete lack of core body / leg strength a slight problem !

I've tried doing this by myself before, using the (free!) college gym and while I saw some results (mainly down to diet) they weren't great as I hadn't a notion what I was doing and so lost the motivation after a few months.

Advertisement