Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Provost's Garden freely accessible from campus?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Also, I've seen a few times that if people go on the grass in enough numbers, "they" don't bother clearing them!

During the summer security do regular sweeps of Fellows Square to clear of the tourists (and the odd student). I never really see people on the grass in Library Square and I would imagine that they would be seen by security pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Also, I've seen a few times that if people go on the grass in enough numbers, "they" don't bother clearing them!

The only time, over the past 3 years of regularly walking through Front Square, that I've seen "enough numbers" allowed on the grass was for pictures for major societies and clubs, or for filming. Every other occasion, security was quick enough to move them along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

234 wrote: »
    During the summer security do regular sweeps of Fellows Square to clear of the tourists (and the odd student). I never really see people on the grass in Library Square and I would imagine that they would be seen by security pretty quickly.
    bscm wrote: »
    The only time, over the past 3 years of regularly walking through Front Square, that I've seen "enough numbers" allowed on the grass was for pictures for major societies and clubs, or for filming. Every other occasion, security was quick enough to move them along.

Was either of you in College today? There appeared to be no such sweeps of Fellows' Square. And, even if there were, what's the point in removing people when they will soon be replaced, increasing the footfall in the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Was either of you in College today? There appeared to be no such sweeps of Fellows' Square. And, even if there were, what's the point in removing people when they will soon be replaced, increasing the footfall in the process?

Yes, and I walked by Fellows Square twice. Security were walking around and no-one was on the grass. You really do seem to have bad timing then if you want to lie on the grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

bscm wrote: »
    Yes, and I walked by Fellows Square twice. Security were walking around and no-one was on the grass. You really do seem to have bad timing then if you want to lie on the grass.

I don't know where that leaves us, then! It would appear that there is a will to keep people off the grass, even on sunny days, but that it is often unsuccessful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement