Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Soap Awards 2014

Options
  • 19-04-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

The 2014 Boards.ie Soap Awards covers events in soapland from April 1st 2013 - March 31st 2014.

Vote For Your Winners Here... http://bit.ly/soapawards2014

Thanks to the Judges who took the time to compile the nominations list.

Panel of Judges 2014: JP Liz V1, hoodwinked, Gee_G, Lynn Grace, Also Starring LeVar Burton

Special thanks to Mr E for using his interweb skills to create the final poll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Well done on all the hard work folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Amello

Just found this board today. Can't wait to see who comes out on top!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Voting For Winners has Opened... You have until 23.59 on Sunday May 4th to pick your favourites...

http://bit.ly/soapawards2014

Cheers to Mr E for doing up the poll - he's a whiz with computers, so he is...

Voted! However, I'm sad Ashley Taylor Dawson/Matthew Wolfenden aren't nominated in sexiest male and Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher) got no love either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Amello wrote: »
    Voted! However, I'm sad Ashley Taylor Dawson/Matthew Wolfenden aren't nominated in sexiest male and Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher) got no love either.

Both Ashley Taylor Dawson and Matthew Wolfenden were nominated by the panel, but didn't get enough love from the general public to make it through to the final round...

Would've liked to see Hollyoaks get more love in general, as it is my personal favourite of all the soaps... Stephanie Waring for best actress was the only Oaker to get a look in in the finals... :(

• Advertisement

Both Ashley Taylor Dawson and Matthew Wolfenden were nominated by the panel, but didn't get enough love from the general public to make it through to the final round...

Would've liked to see Hollyoaks get more love in general, as it is my personal favourite of all the soaps... Stephanie Waring for best actress was the only Oaker to get a look in in the finals... :(

And you can bet I voted for her, too! I only joined this board a few days ago, so I guess we'll just have to wait to join forces next year.

Anna Passey, Sam Strike and Lindsey Coulson are others that would've been nice to see get nominated, especially Strike as newcomer.

Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Serious most anticipated Soap Opera

1. New Irish Soap Planned for New Irish Channel 1998 (TV3)
    2. The Return of The Clinic on TV3
    3. The Gaurds (TV3)
    4. Taylor's Hill (TV3)
    5. Red Rock (TV3)

Red Rock should win :pac:

For the laugh

Advertisement