Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing under sink

Options
  • 17-04-2014 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My kitchen sink stunk no matter how many chemical products I flushed down it. I just took the plastic piping apart under it and cleared out loads of gunk. I kept track of which pipe and washer was which but when I went to put it back one piece wouldn't fit...

pipe_zps6ec30785.jpg

The white pipe shown won't meet with the black pipe bit under the drain of the sink...

Any ideas?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Thats because that part does not connect to the white waste pipe, connect the 'U'bend section to the white waste pipe the part you currently have connected to the waste pipe should be connected to the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If it stinks, replace that trap with a "proper" u-bend type trap.
    You may have a siphoning effect in your system which results in the smaller "hidden" ubend being dry, thus allowing the stink to come up the plug hole.

you want the one on the left, not the right.
    220px-Vattenlaas.png

/edit
    actually are there other pieces missing, the bit you have attached just looks like a T-junction...does something else connect?
    If so, no wonder it stinks, you dont have a trap at all!

Advertisement