Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Las Vegas for €672 return

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

GrandLuxeCafe in Venetian has huge portions and very reasonable. The Filet Mignon in MonAmiGabi in Paris is superb for sub 40 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Zzyzx

Highly recommend the buffet at Wynn/Encore, best food and dining experience I have ever had in my life. It's about $40 (€29) for the dinner buffet.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Ya in fairness maybe I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Just back from NY but such is the depression already looking for the next trip...this time to Vegas. Ive never been. Myself and a few lads are looking into going next year though I was looking at Christmas time (flying out Stephen's day for a few nights) but I guess Christmas would be very expensive in Vegas?

Either that or next March/April. May do 3 nights in San Francisco and then 4 nights in Vegas. Anyone ever book with American Holidays?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

yew_tree wrote: »
    Either that or next March/April. May do 3 nights in San Francisco and then 4 nights in Vegas. Anyone ever book with American Holidays?

I used a combination of eBookers and tripadvisor for car rental, flights & hotels to get the best price.

PS, I'd spend more time in San Fran than Vegas. Or even better, stop off in Yosemite for a night on the way to Vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 squonkie

Yew_tree

Christmas in Vegas is actually cheap. I have done it a few times. New Years Eve however is just nuts and rooms got up to 400-500 for the night.

squonkie wrote: »
    Yew_tree

Christmas in Vegas is actually cheap. I have done it a few times. New Years Eve however is just nuts and rooms got up to 400-500 for the night.

Thanks. Just an idea really but was thinking of being out of there the day before or on NYE. More likely it will be next Easter before we go as wallets are light after NYC. Recommend any good resorts for first timers...Caesars?

Caesars is way overpriced for what you get. For central strip Planet Hollywood is a good solid choice but for something more upmarket Aria and Vdara are top notch. I enjoyed staying at the MGM and Tropicana but they are at one end of the strip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I stayed at PH Towers a few years ago. I was a bit underwhelmed with the accommodation.

We paid a little over the odds, but it didn't really feel like a premium room.

I know someone who stayed at MGM but said it was a little on the edge of the strip but looking on Google street view it cant be much more then 5-10mins walk from PH

• Advertisement

PH is not brilliant roomwise no but you cant beat the location

yew_tree: 10 mins but you then have to negotiate the hotels themselves which are enormous. the MGM has over 5000 rooms

PH is not brilliant roomwise no but you cant beat the location

yew_tree: 10 mins but you then have to negotiate the hotels themselves which are enormous. the MGM has over 5000 rooms

Noted. The Aria looks to be in a great location and linked to PH via walkbridge across the road. Anyone ever stay in the Bellagio?

Its a great place ok. Last November I got 8 nights at the Aria including flights for 1014. This year I am staying in Vdara. 9 nights inc flights for 930

Its a great place ok. Last November I got 8 nights at the Aria including flights for 1014. This year I am staying in Vdara. 9 nights inc flights for 930

Those prices are great. You mind me asking what site you used/combination of sites or did you book direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Would also like some tips on sites, mainly on the flights front.

Have signed up to smartervegas.com and found they've got some good promo offers, 7 nights for two in the MGM Syndicate in a suite for $589 plus resort tax.

Flights are a lot cheaper on 3rd party sites than on the aer lingus site.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

I would never rule out LA if I was considering Vegas. The 5 hour car spin can actually be a nice experience.

It gives you a greater chance of a cheaper flight aswell.

The other half was trying to book flights through ebookers, who had the cheapest prices, but couldn't complete the transaction.

She called the number on the site and not only did she get the flights we wanted she managed to book them plus 6 nights in the MGM Signature suites for €800, which includes the cost of the resort charges.

Seems like a pretty decent deal for the first week in September.

The other half was trying to book flights through ebookers, who had the cheapest prices, but couldn't complete the transaction.

She called the number on the site and not only did she get the flights we wanted she managed to book them plus 6 nights in the MGM Signature suites for €800, which includes the cost of the resort charges.

Nice hotel. I'd request tower 3 so you can leave by main entrance and short walk thru miracle mile shops for PH and centre strip. MGM is a loooonnng walk.

What was the total trip price or 2?

Sorry that's each, not THAT good of a bargain lol

• Advertisement

1600 is good price for that especially including the resort charge. Was looking at 6 nights early Sept with Vdara stay but shot up over 2k from 1600 as I proscrastinated.

Was working out about the same price booking separate but got €50 promo code knocked off so that brought it down nicely.

Might be worth giving ebookers a call and see if they can bring it down again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Been there twice, stayed at MGM first time for something like $80 per night in a suite. Last time, we stayed at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas which I loved. As I have status with Marriott we got upgraded to a room overlooking the Bellagio fountains & paid under $100 per night for the lap of luxury.

I won't factor in flights because we did it differently both times. First time, we flew to San Fran then drove through the Mojave to LV. Last time, I was working up in the US, so we flew with Southwest from Baltimore to LV.

Key message is that real bargains can be found. It's worth looking for 5* as you have a good chance of getting it. I'm already planning when I can go back later this year.

Advertisement