Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2014: Round 4 - Chinese Grand Prix

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Which one?

The one where every other driver ever was deadly and Hamo was a real jerk all the time. Have you not seen it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    That was the V10 era though. I bet these days all interest would be back with them after the first 2 laps when either one of the Mercedes have established the position for the win! V6 turbo's are dull to watch!

Sigh.....any excuse to bash 2014...of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

That was the V10 era though. I bet these days all interest would be back with them after the first 2 laps when either one of the Mercedes have established the position for the win! V6 turbo's are dull to watch!
    Because the dominance by Vettel in a V8 was so much more exciting?

Seriously - dominance has nothing to do with the engine configuration. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

SamAK wrote: »
    Sigh.....any excuse to bash 2014...of course.
    Top Dog wrote: »
    Because the dominance by Vettel in a V8 was so much more exciting?

Seriously - dominance has nothing to do with the engine configuration. :rolleyes:
    Who said anything about dominance or the racing in 2014? I like the mix-up in fortunes this year. It's the crappy engine sound I hate. Monaco last year might be my last GP for a long time as I have no desire to pay my hard earned to go and hear cars that are significantly quieter than the support races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

I bet these days all interest would be back with them after the first 2 laps when either one of the Mercedes have established the position for the win!

If that doesn't refer to 2014 dominance then what does it refer to!?

:D

• Advertisement

SamAK wrote: »
    If that doesn't refer to 2014 dominance then what does it refer to!?

:D
    Ah, that was just a reference to the fact that most of the race has settled down in the first two laps anyway, and this year the Merc's have the lead. That doesn't bother me in the least, I like the fact that Red Bull are no longer the dominant force. I like watching F1 this year still on TV, probably more than last year, but I'm far, far less inclined to bother going to a race now with those engines. The V8's were disappointing compared to the V10's, but these are dismal sounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The V8's were disappointing compared to the V10's, but these are dismal sounding.

And the V10s weren't even half as good as the old V12s Ferrari used to bring along. I suspect noisegate will blow over soon enough when people realize the racing is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Zcott wrote: »
    And the V10s weren't even half as good as the old V12s Ferrari used to bring along. I suspect noisegate will blow over soon enough when people realize the racing is good.

and the old v12s were nothing like the previous turbos :pac:
    full circle.

Zcott wrote: »
    I'm not lucky enough to have heard the V12's, but I have seen comments by folk in the know who said the V10's sounded better.
    As I said though, I enjoy the racing, but going to a GP where you don't get the same level of detailed coverage that you do when at home means that it needs to get substituted by something. That something was the speed and sounds of F1. Now there's only the speed. The sounds were always more impressive, as speed is sometimes a bit hidden even when you're at a GP. So take those away and I can't help but think that folk may not be as willing to fork out well over €300 for a weekend enjoyment.
    As far as TV is concerned though, I think not much will change. If anything it'll be better, so long as we don't see a 5 or 6 year Merc dominance. I think 3 years is enough for any one team to dominate before people start to get really bored.

Advertisement