Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druidry in Ireland

Options
  • 15-04-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am not originally from Ireland and before I come here it seemed to be a "magic" place where I could find something from the old pagan culture still somehow alive. When I arrived some time ago I saw actually a very strong catholic "recent past" and not too many people worried about spirituality between the young people (not as much as they care about the alcohol and cigarettes).

I have been interested in learn about druidism there is sometime already. I met some people from Wicca but I did not feel it is my path. I would like to know if there is someone who studies druidry here in Ireland and where I can find more information about it. Every time I search for druids in Ireland I can only find the Theatre Company and it is frustrating =/

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Hi, Some of the druidic customs lived on in the Catholic practices i.e. holy wells, halloween etc. Some of the very old folk in parts of the west of ireland and other places off the beaten track have stories and customs that probably date back to this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dub_Guy

Hi Aivy, Please check your inbox for a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

This might help www.irishdruidnetwork.org
    There's a good few groups and orders in Ireland )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭badknees

You could always try the Pagan Federation, a good contact point.

Advertisement