Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watch dogs ps4 price

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 radve

Smyths has pretty good deal where you can swap 2 used games to Watch Dogs with 99 cents. I think it had almost every PS4 game exluding Killzone and Angry Birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Anybody get a price from tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Downloading now. 43e from US psn, its the only way to go when they charging 70e at the store. The downside is that its digital copy so it cant be traded later, But even if you bought at retail for 70e with the thought of trading it in for something else in a month or two, you'd be lucky to get 30 euro for the trade in value. So buying it from the US store for 43e is no different from buying it for 70e at retail, playing it for afew months and trading it in for 30e. Except buying US, you basically get the 30e trade in value immediately and get to keep the game =P

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Downloading now. 43e from US psn, its the only way to go when they charging 70e at the store. The downside is that its digital copy so it cant be traded later, But even if you bought at retail for 70e with the thought of trading it in for something else in a month or two, you'd be lucky to get 30 euro for the trade in value. So buying it from the US store for 43e is no different from buying it for 70e at retail, playing it for afew months and trading it in for 30e. Except buying US, you basically get the 30e trade in value immediately and get to keep the game =P

How did you manage to get it from the US store can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Create a US account and buy from it using PSN credit purchased online is how I imagine most would do it. Others can use their debit/credit cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Bertser wrote: »
    How did you manage to get it from the US store can I ask?

Like lertsnim said.
    Then buy psn cards from here using your normal amazon account,
    http://www.amazon.com/20-PlayStation-Store-Gift-Card/dp/B004RMK4BC

You need to make up some fake US billing address to buy from amazon.com too, pick a state with no tax if you do.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

R.F. wrote: »
    I keep buying games in gamestop, mainly because im usually trading in as well. They give an extra 10% for trading in when pre booking

But Im losing this with the extra €5 or €10 they lob onto every new release. I really need to stop supporting them

I'm finished with them after today. Absolute scandal charging €75. Only reason I got it was because I had pre-ordered with trade-ins last year. Amazon next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

I just can't get over how expensive Watchdogs is in Gamestop. I've ordered mine through Asda. £44 which is working out at €54 on my card. I cant justify spending €20 more than I need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its worth pointing out in relation to watchdogs I actually ended up getting it from gamestop since I did the trade in deal, and I mentioned the high price tag to the guy, who said as a way of compensation, if you had a gamestop loyalty card trading into towards watch dogs till friday, your trade ins would be worth 50% more. So €50 would be €75, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Traded in two games and got it for €3 in xtravision along with a €5 gift card, pretty happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

I to think 75 euro is scandalous but I have a level 3 loyalty card with Gamestop and was able to get the game for nothing with trade ins and the season pass for just 1.50, with the loyalty card because of the 50% extra credit given with the level 3 card

If you want to get a loyalty card there giving them away free with xbox live 3 month and 12 month subs at the moment

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That loyalty card is excellent, I'd recommend it to everyone.

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buying games in GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Don't know why everybody isn't buying through US PSN store using Amazon digital codes. €40 for all new releases, can't go wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

Don't know why everybody isn't buying through US PSN store using Amazon digital codes. €40 for all new releases, can't go wrong...

But you can't trade in. I buy the game for €55 off amazon then usually sell it to someone who on done deal or adverts. I usually get €35-40 after the game is 2 weeks old. That means I only spent €15 on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So finally decide to purchase from the US Ps4 store. Decided to buy a $10 and $50 digital code off Amazon. The $10 one went through immediately but the $50 one could take up to 4 hours :-(

Wanted to have it downloaded tonight and ready to go in the morning. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Better off buying from vgp 46 euro shipped for new releases takes just over a week to receive them usually, and you can sell the game after

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Better off buying from vgp 46 euro shipped for new releases takes just over a week to receive them usually, and you can sell the game after

Guess it comes down to instant access vs resale value. I keep all my games, so prefer to play them on release day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I picked up Wolfenstein on Play Asia for 40.07 two days ago.

No way would I give Gamestop the money they are looking for for games.

True. I don't trade in and like to go back to games from time to time.

I saved €35 buying Watch Dogs that way so not much different to trading in really and more importantly I still keep the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/2176331/ps4_how_to_buy_us_digital_psn_games.html

Link above for anybody who needs a guide to signing up or buying from US PS store. Couldn't find the digital download on Amazon.com so bought a 50$ and 10$ PSN card. Took about 40 min to receive them. The game is about 19gb in total.
    lertsnim wrote: »
    True. I don't trade in and like to go back to games from time to time.

I saved €35 buying Watch Dogs that way so not much different to trading in really and more importantly I still keep the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

I've been thinking of doing this when I get my ps4 next week. Is there anyway the shop I sell it to know it's a US region game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

TheOwl12 wrote: »
    I've been thinking of doing this when I get my ps4 next week. Is there anyway the shop I sell it to know it's a US region game?

Yeah, the barcode on the gamecover and or manaul and game disc itself. EU discs have SCEE printed on them, American ones have SCEA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

Yeah, the barcode on the gamecover and or manaul and game disc itself. EU discs have SCEE printed on them, American ones have SCEA.

So only sell it to people then. It might be better to just buy from the US SEN store to save money on the shipping from Videogamesplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 martindoran

ccull123 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the cheapest price is for watch dogs. I see gamestop are charging 85 euros for the standard edition!!!

i got mine for 65 euro in smiths toys stores , i paid 70 for second son and that was a waste as that game was very short and no online ,

this game seems to have loads going on and has online too , i find online games you get more moneys worth from them

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

i got mine for 65 euro in smiths toys stores , i paid 70 for second son and that was a waste as that game was very short and no online ,

this game seems to have loads going on and has online too , i find online games you get more moneys worth from them

Are both of you mad. Have you ever heard of amazon? It's a website where you can buy things. Also you can buy from USA psn for about €45 for all new releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Lads how is a US PSN card sent via Amazon, emailed?

I used www.pcgamesupply.com before but they charge an activation fee off about 12%, I assume Amazon dont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Lads how is a US PSN card sent via Amazon, emailed?

I used www.pcgamesupply.com before but they charge an activation fee off about 12%, I assume Amazon dont

It gives u the code after the checkout page on the website

Nice one Steve, will get via Amazon this time, saves a few quid

• Advertisement

Worked a treat lads, nice one, saves another tenner in "activation fees"

Advertisement