Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Options
1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newo21

avm88 wrote: »
    PASSED!!! Finished in top 5 of OOM for my group so delighted!

Anyone have any speculation on when we could be called for Medical and PCT...

Mush up the activity levels in the gym!!

I'm guessing the beginning of January!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

newo21 wrote:
    The message gave your order of merit and then said out groups starting oom is at 1035

Woops, i read it wrong, I got 1074, still happy ðŸ˜

I see some people from previous group are doing medical on Jan 20th

newo21 wrote:
    I'm guessing the beginning of January!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newo21

Bopper88 wrote: »

They're hardly going to take us altogether in January over a few weeks? Nobody will know for sure till after Christmas probably but who knows that could change

• Advertisement

newo21 wrote:
    They're hardly going to take us altogether in January over a few weeks? Nobody will know for sure till after Christmas probably but who knows that could change

That'd be my guess too. Ya never know what way it's going to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

All our group should have medicals done since 11th of december which was the last day of medicals for us. 20th might be a date for pct

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

I've just got a message from public jobs saying I'm been called for an interview on January 12th so nervous, literally just past my appeal sitting for section 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo1986

PASSED!!! Finished in top 5 of OOM for my group so delighted!

Anyone have any speculation on when we could be called for Medical and PCT...

Mush up the activity levels in the gym!!

Have you got a date for your medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 avm88

Leo1986 wrote: »
    Have you got a date for your medical yet?

Yep! Medical, first week in January. Have you got your date? Apparently pct will be in February then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo1986

Yep! Medical, first week in January. Have you got your date? Apparently pct will be in February then!

Yep same week. Any references called yet or calls from sergeants?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 forevergreen

Got interview this week, can anyone give any advice on what to expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RumHam

Got interview this week, can anyone give any advice on what to expect?

If you have the familiarization material then brush up on the 6 competencies that are mentioned. They want you to demonstrate ability in each competency in a real world environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 forevergreen

Thanks for that RumHam, how long after the interview did people hear back, positive or negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

Thanks for that RumHam, how long after the interview did people hear back, positive or negative?

I was waiting 3 long weeks but I think I was first or second day of interviews so I was waiting longer than people who were the last days. I think they do the interviews in blocks over 2 or 2 & half weeks

2 weeks after the last interview it was for my batch. I was waiting over three weeks as i was on second day of interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RumHam

Took 3 weeks for me as well but things move quick enough after that

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kerrygirl90

I had my interview the last day on December 16th and got the results on December 22nd so I had a very short wait! All depends on what date you get for the interviews..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭LadyLucinda

Could anybody on here tell me the competencies for the interview? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hailo1234q

Hi folks,

Just wondering when is the reference checking carried out with former employers etc?

Is it after the interview, or the medical/PCT?

Am I right in thinking the medical/PCT can take place with three or four weeks of interviews?

• Advertisement

hailo1234q wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just wondering when is the reference checking carried out with former employers etc?

Is it after the interview, or the medical/PCT?

Am I right in thinking the medical/PCT can take place with three or four weeks of interviews?
    Reference checking wil take place after interview. Just b4 ur interview you will hand ur vetting form(form b) as its known to a person from hrm and u will sign it saying all info is correct and upto date. Your vetting will start at ur local station and ur sergeant will carry out reference checking. Depending on how good you do at interview your medical could be 2 weeks or 3/4 weeks after interview. It also depends on how much of a rush is on to get people through at the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Could anybody on here tell me the competencies for the interview? Thanks

Resilience, serving the public, problem solving, personal effectiveness, commitment to the role. I think that's all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Anyone know how many they interview in a day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

D Trent wrote: »
    Anyone know how many they interview in a day ?

Id say theyre going through maybe 50/60 a day. 6 people per slot at about 45mins a person. 6 panels of interviewers. Spread over each day

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Princess Charles

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend any good Garda interview preparation courses?

Advertisement