Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Shocked that the Penguins are gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

...but happy that Rangers are in the semi final, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

GvidoR wrote: »
    ...but happy that Rangers are in the semi final, right? :)

....over the moon ;)

Boston gone as well.

Was expecting a Bruins v Penguins East Final!

....over the moon ;)

Boston gone as well.

Was expecting a Bruins v Penguins East Final!

I hope the Kings win the next game :)

I'm a little busy watching the IIHF WC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Boston gone as well.

Milan Lucic's true colours came out last night. Apparently, he feels that the handshake like in the post-game is still on the ice.

http://www.thescore.com/news/502390

• Advertisement

Crosby was a no-show in the playoffs. He is not exactly a proven commodity in the post-season. Even the year they won the Stanley Cup Championship, Evgeni Malkin won the Conn Smythe Award.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

GvidoR wrote: »
    I hope the Kings win the next game :)

I'm a little busy watching the IIHF WC :P

Nooooo.
    Come on the ducks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Western conference final should be a good one no matter who the Hawks play but they really need to step it up. Minnesota pushed them really hard and the 4-2 scoreline flatters them a little. Crawford was fantastic in game six and we need more performances like that not the one who showed up in game 4 and 5. Hope the Kings come through as we can keep home ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Western conference final should be a good one no matter who the Hawks play but they really need to step it up. Minnesota pushed them really hard and the 4-2 scoreline flatters them a little. Crawford was fantastic in game six and we need more performances like that not the one who showed up in game 4 and 5. Hope the Kings come through as we can keep home ice.

Some of the double saves by Crawford in game 6 were incredible. Could easily have been playing a game 7 tonight in the United Center if it wasn't for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I have no idea what happened to Montreal yesterday. We were just never at the races the whole game. Very disappointing.

• Advertisement

I hope to see Rangers vs Kings in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Price is out for rest of finals so I guess its a given that the rangers are through to the big one!

Price is out for rest of finals so I guess its a given that the rangers are through to the big one!

eire1 wrote: »
    I have no idea what happened to Montreal yesterday. We were just never at the races the whole game. Very disappointing.

Even with the injury to Price, I would say that Les Habs came into the series over confident. It's great to beat rival in the Conference semi-finals but to win the Stanley Cup it take sixteen wins, not eight.

The Kings have a chance to put the Blackhawks away tonight in Chicago. They are probably playing at a higher level than when they won the Cup in 2012. I have been very impressed with everything about their game. Darryl Sutter is doing an outstanding job from behind the bench as well. This team has been prepared for just about everything the Blackhawks have tried to throw at them.

Montreal didn't get the message that their season was over when Carey Price went down. They are still battling to stay in this series after winning 7-4 last night. Nothing is over until it is over.

Game Five of the Western Conference Final had some amazing moments. Specifically, the first OT period. The Kings and Blackhawks played the most wide open OT period of hockey that I have ever seen. Those of you who had a chance to watch the game understand what I mean. To give those of you who missed the game, I'll give you an interesting number.

Twenty-six minutes.

That is how much 'real time' the twenty minute OT period lasted. This is including the time that it took to clean the ice between stoppages.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=453383

Rangers are through the Stanley Cup Finals after defeating the Canadiens 1-0 last night.

Chicago travels to LA tonight to take on the Kings in the Staple Center. Kings are still up 3-2 in the series and are tough at home. Chicago are going to have their work cut out for them after the 2OT win in Chicago on Wednesday night. We'll see who has their legs underneath them for Game Six.

The game is at 2 AM tonight, ugh... why does it have to be so late?

Hats off to all four teams in the conference finals! what games they have had considering most of the players were at the Olympics too. I haven't seen hockey like that in a while!
    But Chicago man wow! Just wow do they ever want it! All the momentum is theirs now I belive! ;)

The King is dead ....Long live the Kings.

The Los Angeles Kings defeated the defending Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks last night 5-4 in OT to win the series 4-3.

This is a deeper Kings team that won the Cup in 2012. They should walk through the Rangers.

• Advertisement

That was a great game last night. Very happy with the outcome too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

yeah, got to see alot of the kings hawks series, some series games, last night no exception, justin williams is the master of game 7s...

i think the kings could win this in 5, i don't see how rangers can beat them... in new york next week, so tempted to get a ticket but they're outrageously expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Should be a good final, although it's hard to see how the Rangers can beat the Kings.

Lundqvist will have to be brilliant.

I won't mind seeing either team win.

At least the Habs didn't make it to the final! Those dirty, diving, whining, pukes.

Kings are ahead 2-0 in the final now. Both games won in overtime after a 0:2 deficit.

Lundqvist wasn't happy with this being a good goal. He argued saying it was goalie interference.

Game center is now $10. For those wanting to watch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

3-0 Kings now.
    San José must still be kicking themselves after throwing away a 3-0 series lead against them.

Kings - Rangers game earlier this season. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Went to msg yesterday evening, unbelievable atmosphere, as someone said to me rangers won't beat the kinds when quick outplays Henrik...quick was unreal though, pulled off one of the best saves I've ever seen!

Rangers outshot kings by 16 so I think they well won tonight at msg and kinds will take it in la...far deeper team!

scottmcb04 wrote: »

Rangers outshot kings by 16 so I think they well won tonight at msg and kinds will take it in la...far deeper team!

They are out-shooting the Kings, but take a look at where the shots are coming from. Shots from the outsides/pucks that are thrown on net really aren't high percentage shots. Quick is getting great looks on most of them.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if I get game centre tonight well the game be blacked out.

Advertisement