Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minix Neo X8 AND X8s

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Should be pretty good,not a huge step-up from X7's.Looking forward to some Minix Octa-Core products in the very near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

Excuse the dumb question but does this gadget save me from buying a smart tv or not.cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

Peew wrote: »
    Excuse the dumb question but does this gadget save me from buying a smart tv or not.cheers

Simple answer yes, this gadget does a lot more than a smart tv, plus its power wattage is rated very low less than 10w,

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

exercise wrote: »
    Simple answer yes, this gadget does a lot more than a smart tv, plus its power wattage is rated very low less than 10w,

Thanks for that. now to to do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hmm looks tempting. I have a Samsung Smart TV (2012) but its smarthub was out dated the day it came out, nvm today, which makes me always leave me using my surface and a keyboard plugged into the TV rather than actually using the smart tv features.

Wonder what the pricing is going to be like...

• Advertisement

Wonder what the pricing is going to be like...

Your looking at around €150 for the Neo X 8s.

You will also be able to pick up the Minix Neo x8 H Here.....based and shipped from Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

Geekbuyers are working out at €128 including postage, the best deal around I think, u won't get an x7 for it

exercise wrote: »
    Geekbuyers are working out at €128 including postage, the best deal around I think, u won't get an x7 for it

Yes but there's a good possibility that you'll be hit with duties on that.For me I like to get a product on release or a day/two after if possible.
    Geekbuying equals too long a wait for me.Call me impatient;).
    Also I know the seller from SmartTvBox.ie ,he'll go out of his way to look after customers and all the products are in Ireland....ready to be shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone got their hands on one of these yet? Is it worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

blastman - got mine today. depends what you want to do with it. xbmc is loaded and has most of the addon plugins already installed. I have a subscription to a sports channel online playing hd, and its fantastic as they have an android app.

havent had a chance to do other things yet, will update if i see anything nice.

with the m1 mouse, its more useable. i need to find an app that i can control the android interface from pc (as teamviewer does).

although it might be 155 euros (+5 euros shipping) from ireland, its good service, couriered via fastway next day delivery and there is good support, so i dont mind paying the little bit more than waiting for it from china.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Spipov wrote: »
    although it might be 155 euros (+5 euros shipping) from ireland, its good service, couriered via fastway next day delivery and there is good support, so i dont mind paying the little bit more than waiting for it from china.

I'd go with the Irish option if you're in Ireland. With Geekbuying via DHL I was hit by duties plus DHL fees, never again. Plus if you have problems its local rather than China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kamesh

Spipov wrote: »
    blastman - got mine today. depends what you want to do with it. xbmc is loaded and has most of the addon plugins already installed. I have a subscription to a sports channel online playing hd, and its fantastic as they have an android app.

havent had a chance to do other things yet, will update if i see anything nice.

with the m1 mouse, its more useable. i need to find an app that i can control the android interface from pc (as teamviewer does).

Did you get the m1 mouse along with the package or paid extra for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

included in package. handy to have, as havent found any solution (like teamviewer) to control the box. you can ask the guy, he's good at responding on adverts.ie

Kamesh wrote: »
    Did you get the m1 mouse along with the package or paid extra for one?

You will get a M1 Remote with the X8 H and it's free for the first couple of waves of stock.They are currently still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Got the x8-h last week from ebay (uk stock) with m1 remote for €135 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

bodonnell wrote: »

Any chance you could post the link to that, its a good price for a UK based seller.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Any chance you could post the link to that, its a good price for a UK based seller.
    Can't seem to post link but the ebay shop is called 'Droidt3k', if you search for neo x8-h you will see one 2nd or 3rd down on list

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Can't seem to post link but the ebay shop is called 'Droidt3k', if you search for neo x8-h you will see one 2nd or 3rd down on list

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Minix-Neo-X8-H-Quad-Core-Android-Smart-TV-box-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-Full-DD-DTS-/141300936097?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item20e6312da1

Is this the link? Did you get it delivered through Parcel Motel. Looks like delivery for Ireland is £15.

• Advertisement

coldfire1x wrote: »
    yes that's it, used parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Just ordered one now thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

So been awhile. How's the box going so far?

What's the best place to get it from UK or Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

If you've no sky subscription or cable subscription can you still watch them on this box?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ButtUcks

I don't have broadband at home & my TV (Sony KDL-40W4500) has HMDI / USB ports.

I'm wondering if any of the available Android TV boxes can work via data tethering (wifi hot spot) from my smartphone??

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

ButtUcks wrote: »
    I don't have broadband at home & my TV (Sony KDL-40W4500) has HMDI / USB ports.

I'm wondering if any of the available Android TV boxes can work via data tethering (wifi hot spot) from my smartphone??

Would have to be fast connection and will be a pain having to connect everytime.

Also youll hit the Usage Policy in a day or two.

Whats your usage cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

If you've no sky subscription or cable subscription can you still watch them on this box?

Mobdro is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ButtUcks

Would have to be fast connection and will be a pain having to connect everytime.

Also youll hit the Usage Policy in a day or two.

Whats your usage cap?

15GB per month, 4g download speeds around 20mb-24mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

ButtUcks wrote: »
    15GB per month, 4g download speeds around 20mb-24mb
    You'll get thru that pretty rapid. Ideally need uncapped to be comfortable.

Advertisement