Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sting Officially Signed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cheers. Hoping someone can provide contrary evidence, because if not, it's a blow to his credibility. Reporting things as fact before they're fact is carny dirtsheet stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Cheers. Hoping someone can provide contrary evidence, because if not, it's a blow to his credibility. Reporting things as fact before they're fact is carny dirtsheet stuff.

"CM Punk to return at raw in Chicago"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

"CM Punk to return at raw in Chicago"

Meltzer never actually reported that in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I wouldn't have said so, he's always going to get some things wrong and he corrected it once he realised it was wrong.

PWInsider:
    In regard to rumors and reports that Sting has signed with WWE, we are told that the deal has been done in principle for some time (I mentioned that some WWE sources were claiming the deal was done on my 3/18 Hot News Hotline in the Elite section) and it's just a matter of the final contract being signed.

All this can change, but those I spoke to did not believe he would be wrestling on a regular basis.

Imagine if they put the Devitt contract in the Sting envelope and the Sting contract in the Devitt envelope. "Prince Devitt signs WWE Legends deal" :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Devitt can keep painting his face and be Prince Stinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.mtv.co.uk/wwe/news/wcw-legend-sting-signs-up-with-wwe

One of the biggest stars of the WCW has signed a deal with the WWE. Sting (real name Steve Borden) has put pen to paper with Vince McMahon and the company which bought-out the WCW back in 2001 - leading to speculation about what his role will be.

MTV wouldn't lie surely :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He has finally been removed from the TNA roster page. Despite how he was written out, he was still listed until fairly recently. Pretty sure he was still there last weekend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yep, Meltz just said he was told that Punk was booked for RAW, which is true. He relayed what he's been told. I'd trust his word over every other reporter, which is why I'm concerned about him jumping the gun. Maybe Meltzer should start every sentence with "I've been told that..." or have some kind of South-Park style disclaimer before every show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yep, Meltz just said he was told that Punk was booked for RAW, which is true. He relayed what he's been told. I'd trust his word over every other reporter, which is why I'm concerned about him jumping the gun. Maybe Meltzer should start every sentence with "I've been told that..." or have some kind of South-Park style disclaimer before every show :)

In fairness it looks like the contract has been agreed, he just hasn't physically sent back the contract; a technicality more than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

He appeared on WWE Programming for the first time last night on a tribute show for the Ultimate Warrior.

Personally I wouldn't say that's confirmed he's signing as a tribute show for his old buddy could be a one-off thing.

Aging as badly as Flair nearly:

MXanXC4.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Face paint should help hide that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,559 ✭✭✭✭briany

Wasn't pleased with how Vince treated WCW circa the inVasion (and he was right). He specifically mentioned the moment Booker met Rock, said his name, and Rock said "who?". He also didn't want to work for the guy who put almost every other promoter in America out of business to build his empire.

I don't think it's a coincidence Savage did the All-Stars thing, Sammartino and Warrior got into the HoF under what is really Triple H's (and not Vince's) watch.

Booker T went on to become a great fit in WWF/E, though and was very successful. Rock was burying everyone around that time, just cause he was so damn funny at it. He did the same thing to Chris Jericho, on Jericho's debut no less and Chris Jericho went on to be huge also. If Sting had signed up then, if he was good, he would have gotten over with the fans, had some great programmes, and maintained his visibility with more casual fans. Now, if he comes in, it won't just be the likes of The Rock, or Cena, or whoever, saying 'who', it'll be a huge amount of fans, too.

shD29z5.png

The video: http://bcove.me/l2kdb66p

Well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

rovert wrote: »

Well?

There would probably be a poor wrestling match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who'd work as the face?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I know very little about WCW, where/what PPVS should I start with if I want to know more about Sting, or get his best moments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Deadlie wrote: »
    I know very little about WCW, where/what PPVS should I start with if I want to know more about Sting, or get his best moments?

5WDPit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

...waaait a minute
    :pac:
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who'd work as the face?

Both.

Heel Sting is awful while Undertaker just wouldnt get booed. It would be a massive waste to use one of the very few natural babyfaces as a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I often forget Sting was a heel in WCW for a cup of coffee. Goldberg too.

Advertisement