Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man on dole driving around 141 focus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

The OP should let us know if anything comes up from him reporting this to the social.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

hes probably paying for it by the month like the majority of people who dont own the bloody car until there final payment !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

No Pants wrote: »
    Maybe. When I was on the dole, I used to tell people that I was working different jobs, just to see if anyone would report me. I never heard anything, so either no one did or SW didn't act upon the reports.

when I was on the dole I also used to tell people I was working, but that was because I didn't want anyone to know I was on the dole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

wilser wrote: »
    when I was on the dole I also used to tell people I was working, but that was because I didn't want anyone to know I was on the dole
    No, I was very clear that I was on the dole and since I'd been working for many years, wasn't bothered by it to start with. What did get me was that I only had to go into Cumberland Street every three months to sign on. Each time I was sure that I wouldn't have to do it again...

Was on the dole for 14 months. On the plus side, I do think that it changed my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Gadgie wrote: »
    Well, you'd need to know something about where the money is coming from if you're going to report him.

OP seems to know the jobs this guy has been doing, so sounds like he has enough evidence for the DoSP to investigate.

No you don't. I think the word "suspected" plays a key role here.

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/ReportFraud.aspx

every line ends with: "...if known"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Gives out about not being able to get a new car, and then suggests we all go out and burn other peoples cars?

:rolleyes:

davo2001 wrote: »
    Alot of people on this forum seem to have their heads up their arses and don't believe that SW fraud does happen or how widespread it is.

Yes people, it does happen and it is a possibility with this case.

We all know it happens but most of us don't go off on misguided rants about those unfortunate enough to be out of work. The op made a number of assumptions based on an obvious disdain for those out of employment

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Yes I hired a private detective.... WTF???

Also I know exactly where the ****ing car came from: He gets the dole, His wife gets the dole, He gets rent allowance.... he gets cash for jobs like training teams, painting..... The man probably comes out with €600-€700 a week.

You can afford a car if you get €600-€700 and have no mortgage etc.....

Also I have a missus working in social welfare that knows every payment that people can claim......

Now I must go away now and pay my private detective......

Has your wife been checking up on him on the computer at work and telling you about what he's claiming? I'm fairly sure that's against the rules. Probably illegal as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement