Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of doing some occasional internet-work but receiving Jobseeker's Benefit

Options
  • 09-04-2014 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm thinking of participating in cash-offered contests on some internet sites that offer money for winner-picked best work: whether it be designing a website for somebody, writing articles for somebody's website, best contestant-submitted musical work whatever - there are legit contest-based sites that offer cash prizes to whoever does out of all submitters like crowdspring.com, logotournament.com, AudioJungle etc.
    [Payments are done through bank/credit card system by the way].
    My potential future-income (if there shall be any) from actually winning them contests would be rare, maybe now-and-then if I'm lucky but certainly not persistent nor ongoing))

A friend of mine said that while I'm in receipt of Jobseeker's Benefit/Allowance I absolutely must not do anything that involves extra-income unless I get actual employment and registering as self-employed would obviously be a no-no since I can be making a little cash once-a-year or even less often. He presumed that I can only start doing them contests once I'm off the Social Welfare monitoring grid...As in if I'm receiving the government's money - I must not do anything else on the side or else they can terminate my allowance...

Can anybody suggest - what should I do..? Any advice, thoughts? Thank you very-very much everyone for your time.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

I wouldnt be posting what you are planning on doing on this website for one. I am only messing.

If you win dont tell anyone would be the best advice or dont buy a fur coat father ted style

Advertisement