Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

distance from efiber cabinet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I'm 1500m from the cab I'm connected to and I'm currently getting 30Mbps down with vectoring enabled on VDSL2 with Eircom eFibre.

Eircom cabling follows the road and the cab I'm connected to has been identified many times by Eircom techs who I have dealt with in relation to it, so thats why I can calculate the distance (Google Earth, driving)

Some issues with my upload I'm working with Eircom on (RF interference effecting upload SNR). Modem suggests it could also do around 40Mbps but that prob wouldn't be a good idea until the RF interference is resolved.

Turns out I'm 1600m from cab from speaking to Eircom tech who was working on my line.

Advertisement