Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's Health Thread (incl. boys' health)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Gael23 wrote: »
    As I said, I know well a doctor has seen it all before and that but I just feel more comfortable dealing with certain things with another man. Bowels, Testicles and such for example.
    Ah yeah I get what you are saying and I wouldn't think it is unusual but when you take sex out of the equation it isn't rational. For example me and Mrs were going for a massage spa thingy recently enough and they actually asked whether we would prefer a male or femal masseuse. I instinctivly said female but on thinking about it felt very foolish* as it undermines the ability of the poor guy who has spent the time training and perfecting technique etc (and its not as if there is anything sexula in the procedure).
    I guess my point is that I would prefer a good Doctor rather than a male or female doctor. But sure whatever you're comfortable with is fine.:)

*The next time I am going to be sexist again to make up for it and specifically request a male and then it will be no preference from there on.

Advertisement