Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilised eggs

Options
  • 07-04-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Looking for some fertilised eggs in or around Cork. I have 4 hens , cock taken by fox last autumn , so as soon as the first one goes clocking I was looking to put some broiler ( or meat eggs under her) any suggestions Cork area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

You won't get broiler eggs. They are not available. You may get old meat breeds but they are hardly worth the effort. If you want meat get some Pekin/ Alysbury duck eggs and put them under the hens and let them rear them. Kill them at 8 weeks. I did 27 broilers last year from day old chicks and free ranged them. Great meat. Going to do ducks from eggs with clockers and broilers again this year.

Advertisement