Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scottish National

Options
  • 07-04-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Interesting ones in here. I really like Lie Forrit in general but would be hoping for a better price. Backed him at 50s for the Pertemps (Pertomps if you ask Tracey Piggot :mad:). Then watched him win the hurdles race in Kelso off top weight. Don't think his price is going anywhere anyway.

I like Trustan Times who I did eventually back in the Pertomps. Lightly raced over fences but fair performances on the whole. He's very well in compared to his hurdles mark and the Pertomps for is working out pretty well for long distance chasers (a la Pineau De Re). He looks good value at 25/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Got green flag in this at 12/1 after holywell and ma fillieure franked form at aintree and the package 3rd also ran well in the national for long the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nicholls was saying he may run Tidal Bay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Would he be back running off his 'correct' mark in this? Will be a fair few out of the handicap if he does run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

What are people's thoughts on Lackamon for this? 20/1 at the moment.Have him in a tracker but I'm no where near as clued in as some of you guys on here. Liked the look of his Durham National win last year and he seems to fit a lot of the trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Dr. Bre wrote: »

quickly looks to see if he has another runner to see if there is an advantage to be gained

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Thought he said tidal was heading for 365 gold cup at sandown and sam winner to take his chance at ayr? Merry king at 20/1 could be a good eachway as he has been threatening for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

posting here to save making a seperate thread, buy I really fancy Montbazon in the Scottish Champion Hurdle @ 6/1.
    Ran a blinder to be 3rd in the County Hurdle win only one prep race after a long layoff, and an effective 3lb rise in the weights (would otherwise be 4lb out of the handicap) isn't too bad and should come on again for the run.
    The form of that race has been well franked with the winner winning a grade 1 novices race at Aintree, and Diakali who was 3L behind Montbazon at Cheltenham (albeit giving away 14lb) ran The New One to within a length in the Aintree Hurdle.
    The favorite My Tent Or Yours running means that half the field will be out of the handicap, which will benefit my selection who runs off 10-3, and at even money the fav looks seriously underpriced, as off a mark of 168 and with other horses open to improvement he'd have to run to something in the low to mid 170s, which is tough at the end of a long season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Just an FYI groutch Minimum weight is 10-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

posting here to save making a seperate thread, buy I really fancy Montbazon in the Scottish Champion Hurdle @ 6/1.
    Ran a blinder to be 3rd in the County Hurdle win only one prep race after a long layoff, and an effective 3lb rise in the weights (would otherwise be 4lb out of the handicap) isn't too bad and should come on again for the run.
    The form of that race has been well franked with the winner winning a grade 1 novices race at Aintree, and Diakali who was 3L behind Montbazon at Cheltenham (albeit giving away 14lb) ran The New One to within a length in the Aintree Hurdle.
    The favorite My Tent Or Yours running means that half the field will be out of the handicap, which will benefit my selection who runs off 10-3, and at even money the fav looks seriously underpriced, as off a mark of 168 and with other horses open to improvement he'd have to run to something in the low to mid 170s, which is tough at the end of a long season.

I was at a Cheltenham Preview and one of the English lads said to keep tabs on Montbazon as supposedly he's been working fantastic at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

madmoose wrote: »
    Thought he said tidal was heading for 365 gold cup at sandown and sam winner to take his chance at ayr? Merry king at 20/1 could be a good eachway as he has been threatening for a while.
    Tidal Bay still in the race, Sam TD named as jockey. Sam Winner has Nick Schofield up.
    Bit of a riddle still, if the Bay comes out Sam (Winner, not TD) will have top weight. If he stays in, chances are more than half the field will be out of the handicap.
    What do the experts think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just backed Merry King each way at 16s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

curioser wrote: »
    Tidal Bay still in the race, Sam TD named as jockey. Sam Winner has Nick Schofield up.
    Bit of a riddle still, if the Bay comes out Sam (Winner, not TD) will have top weight. If he stays in, chances are more than half the field will be out of the handicap.

By responding I am not making myself out to be an expert! I think TB will be left in. I'm sure they're looking at the weather at Sandown and if it looks like it will be very dry they'll take their chances here. Just under 2/3rds of the will be out of the handicap. Thats not stopped ones out of the handicap from winning in the past though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

seems to be money coming for Trustan Times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

Think Roalco des Farges will win this or the "Whitbread", whichever one he turns up in. 5lbs out of the handicap here if TB runs unfortunately, could have been called the winner a mile and a half out last time at Newbury. Prefer a horse that races close to the pace here, but think he has scope to win a big one before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Clowns united.How do you lose money followed t
    ipsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Taff

PN confirmed TB for Ayr after schooling this morning

Not ideal for anyone backing those out of the handicap but solice can be taken from the fact that its not unusual for those out of the handicap to run well

2011 Merigo 2nd 12lbs wrong
    2008 Iris De Balme 1st 19lbs wrong
    2005 Joes Edge 1st 2lbs wrong
    2000 Noble Lord 2nd 12lbs wrong
    1998 Baronet 1st 3lbs wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

The race is being set up for Sam Winner, word came from a another yard with runner in the race who was approached to not run theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Its easy to see how this benefits Sam Winner but i'd say Nicholls and co genuinely think Tidal Bay will run well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ill be waiting until i get 5 places but just looking at it ill be shocked if Backing Roberto Goldbeck and Lie Forrit EW with 5 places doesn't work out profitable both should be about 20/1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

I agree with you on Roberto goldback
    Never had a racing weight this light and only 1 previous race he had under 11 stone so at 10-2 he must be in first 5 if getting round

• Registered Users Posts: 35,707 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I narrowed it down to

GREEN FLAG 10-1
    RIGADIN DE BEAUCHENE 25-1
    SAM WINNER 11-1
    ALPHA VICTOR 28-1
    ADRENALIN FLIGHT 25-1
    TIDAL BAY 16-1

I usually back 4 at least .

I narrowed it down to

GREEN FLAG 10-1
    RIGADIN DE BEAUCHENE 25-1
    SAM WINNER 11-1
    ALPHA VICTOR 28-1
    ADRENALIN FLIGHT 25-1
    TIDAL BAY 16-1

I usually back 4 at least .

I like Alpha Victor too.

Gonna leave my bet with Trustan Times and maybe a saver on lie forrit.

What's the going at Ayr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Hadrians approach not running
    Will geraghty switch to Roberto goldback

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Battle Group again.

False Start.

Horse doesn't want to race.

Trouble maker Battle Group at it again, how many times is this he has refused to race.

How frustrating is that horse for connections

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was on Godsmejudge, so close :( Betbright refunding second place though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Well Mendip Express flopped there, horse is nowhere near good enough to be competing at that stage I'm afraid.

Advertisement