Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 30 Post PPV Thread - *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hunter has put over more people clean than John Cena.

discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

SlickRic wrote: »

discuss.

Three words are the reasons why. BEST FOR BUSINESS. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Best Wrestlemania since 17.. And just slightly behind it as the best Mania of all time imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would say an 8.5 but I feel compelled to round it up to 9.

The show was definitely memorable in the canon of Wrestlemania shows and it will be remembered as the one where Taker lost and the one where Bryan had his moment.

I missed the pre-show match with the Cesaro stuff and I thought it was a joke that those overseas who don't have the Network weren't given a chance to see that on PPV. I don't even recall it being mentioned on the actual show. That left a sour taste and hurts my mark for the show tbh.

The opening segment with Rock, Austin and Hogan was great. I loved how Austin and Rock made fun of Hogan for his Silverdome mistake. Really cool way to kick things off.

The HHH/Bryan match was very good. Didn't think it was a MOTY candidate but it was well thought out and the finish was what it should have been.

There was clearly a rush job with the Outlaws/Kane/Shield match. It had the right result though which is the main thing.

I thought the Battle Royal was pretty dull at first but it really picked up steam and I loved the spot with Kingston. Very clever. Great finish with Cesaro and a nice choice to win the match.

The Cena/Wyatt match wasn't as good as I hoped it would be but it was fine. I thought Bray should have won but I'm okay with Cena taking the match. There was a great touch afterwards with Cena hugging the young fan at ringside. If you watch the match that little fella was getting really worked up and his mother was trying to reassure him. I think Cena spotted it during the match and it was a good gesture on Cena's part.

The HOF spot was fun but I expected Warrior to get a bigger reaction. I LOL'd at Hall doing the NWO point gesture as Warrior came out. Lita got a great reaction.

Taker/Lesnar - wow. The match was dull and like most people I gave Lesnar no chance. I don't think they made the right call here business-wise. Having sai that I did feel Taker looked old and laboured during the match. The fan reaction to this was GREAT. I looked at the replay of this earlier and Heyman's reaction to the win is also GREAT. In a way this result puts over Heyman really well too. Biggest shock result in a wrestling match ever.

The divas match was alright. Some expected a car crash but I didn't mind it. Nice to see AJ retain as I didn't think any of the other challengers had real momentum.

The main event was great. They told a very good story here. This was probably my favourite match of the night. Not sure it was MOTY calibre but considering who was involved it deserves a lot of praise. The table spot with the RKO/Batista Bomb looked brilliant and the near-falls were well done too. The finish was what it should have been.

On the pre-show thread I listed the five things I wanted going in:
    1) Bryan to win the title.

2) A MOTY candidate.

3) A fun crowd (preferably one which doesn't ruin the show with CM Punk chants every match).

4) At least one really good surprise. (I hope HBK gets involved in the HHH/Bryan match in some way)

5) Some holy sh*t moments.

1) Yes.

2) Not really, no. But memorable moments which makes up for it.

3) Crowd was pretty good. I didn't think the sound came across as well as it could have but got no problems here.

4) One very BIG surprise!

5) Yeah there were some.

So overall I feel I did get value from this show. My only criticisms would be the unavailability of the pre-show to PPV customers (and the Youtube show not being available in Ireland -what was that about?). Also slightly disappointing that there wasn't a really top notch in-ring match.

Those criticisms however don't take away from the many positives of the show and I'm glad I watched.

Thumbs up!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

SlickRic wrote: »

discuss.

Remember when Cena lost to Lord Tensai

That was funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So overall I feel I did get value from this show. My only criticisms would be the unavailability of the pre-show to PPV customers (and the Youtube show not being available in Ireland -what was that about?). Also slightly disappointing that there wasn't a really top notch in-ring match.

Those criticisms however don't take away from the many positives of the show and I'm glad I watched.

Thumbs up!

Just add Hola Unblocker to google chrome, no more region restricted videos ever, works for netflix too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Best Wrestlemania since 17.. And just slightly behind it as the best Mania of all time imo..

Wrestlemania 22 was very good, I'd consider it better than wm30.

If only wm30 had a money in the bank match and/or a hardcore match. It could have been the best just behind 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

https://twitter.com/DolphinsReddit

That Dolphin twit who was "spoiling" the ppv results got trolled hard last night.:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

hahahaha thats a hilarious read. What an eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

D.Q wrote: »
    i feel he has his priorities pretty much spot on :pac:

Wrong.:)

he should have skipped the exam instead:pac:

• Advertisement

Just saw replay of Bryan Flying onto HHH Armstrong and Steph, looks like she hurt her ankle with Scott falling on her. She was great at ringside throughout and earned her on screen talent pay cheque last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

I was fortunate to be in the Dome last night. It was my first PPV, had to tick it off the bucket list!

The city was buzzing all day, it was great. And the atmosphere was carried into the arena.

I'm a tired bunny now but highlights have to be:
    - The unadulterated joy of Dat Glass Smash
    - Trips' entrance, it looked so good
    - Cesaro in general
    - Kofe's spot
    - The deafening silence between the three count and the 21-1 graphic popping up. I was 100% certain there was a twist coming after the count but it just rumbled on. It was epic, grown men in tears. Seeing Taker walking up the ramp like that was surreal. "Thank you TAker"
    - The neckbraker on Bryan with Orton landing on the monitor
    - Bryan having his moment, and the genuine smile on his face. Yes.

Bring on Raw tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rjd2 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DolphinsReddit

That Dolphin twit who was "spoiling" the ppv results got trolled hard last night.:):D

What a plonker. All he was doing was basing his "insider knowledge" on betting lines. He should just give up now. He's been caught out a few times now with swerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Had to give the show a 9. Whilse Taker and Brock didn't really fire in-ring. The shocker in the result just had me stunned.

Bryan and Trips had a really solid match. Enjoyed it and got sucked into the near falls.

Battle Royal was meh. Glad Cesaro won. Guy is a future champ and this gives him a rocket on his way.

Cena and Wyatt I thought was MOTN. I adored Wyatts efforts to get into Cenas head, and man the crowd singing "hes got the whole world in his hands" was brilliant. I'll dbe happy to see these 2 again at extreme rules.

Diva match was forgettable really did its job and happy to see AJ retain.

Glad the Shield squashed NAO and Corporate Kane. The shield looked great and thats all that was needed out of it.

Main event was brilliant. The RKO/Batista bomb to bryan through the table was incredible. We finally got the moment we wanted for so long. Bryan as champ!

WWE did a great job booking wise and as people have said earlier the only thing I'd change was the positioning of the matches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

By the way, said it at the time but it got lost in the shuffle. I'm not sure if it was Kane n nite or kkv, always mix them up for some reason, but he was definitely one of the fans shown in the reaction shots.

Thought so. Pulled me out of the result briefly :P

Anyway, gave it an 8 out of 10.

HHH vs Bryan was brilliant, with all three involved playing their parts brilliantly and the perfect result. Great start to the show.

I had said before that I didn't like Nao/Kane as The Shield's opponents, so was perfectly happy with the squash. Since the match was booked, having them look like being utterly superior was the right move. Still was a bit of waste of time though.

The ending of the battle royal was good, but felt there wasn't much in the match itself. Cesaro looked like a star though.

Really disliked the Cena/Bray match. I know it will come across as "smarky" giving out about the result, but the problem I felt was that the result destroyed the brilliant story they were trying to tell. Bray was meant to be this dark side to Cena who he'd need to do something special to overcome....and yet he didn't. It was a typical Cena finish, so that bugged me. Completly wrong result.

Taker/Brock.....poor build up, poor match but DAT ENDING! Never expected it, and still not sure how I feel about it at all. It was a Mania Moment, but a good one? Really not sure. Need more time to think about it, but the follow up will be important.

And the final match was phenomenal. Brilliant. Perfect.

Garseys wrote: »
    Had to give the show a 9. Whilse Taker and Brock didn't really fire in-ring. The shocker in the result just had me stunned.

Bryan and Trips had a really solid match. Enjoyed it and got sucked into the near falls.

Battle Royal was meh. Glad Cesaro won. Guy is a future champ and this gives him a rocket on his way.

Cena and Wyatt I thought was MOTN. I adored Wyatts efforts to get into Cenas head, and man the crowd singing "hes got the whole world in his hands" was brilliant. I'll dbe happy to see these 2 again at extreme rules.

Diva match was forgettable really did its job and happy to see AJ retain.

Glad the Shield squashed NAO and Corporate Kane. The shield looked great and thats all that was needed out of it.

Main event was brilliant. The RKO/Batista bomb to bryan through the table was incredible. We finally got the moment we wanted for so long. Bryan as champ!

WWE did a great job booking wise and as people have said earlier the only thing I'd change was the positioning of the matches.

I dunno why people are whinging that match was so short, it was better the Shield dominated quickly, does anyone really want the NAO in a long match in 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Delighted for Daniel Bryan

Still in shock over Taker's loss to Lesnar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Well after having a nice long sleep and a while to digest and re-watch parts of the show I'll go over the PPV.

Pre-Show Match:

I watched about half of the match, was late getting on. What I saw was fairly good. It was obvious from the get go that the USO's were going to retain. Nice seeing that Cesaro was so over too.
    The post-match was magic though. The break-up and swing starts the face turn, which is cemented later on, I'll get to that soon.

SHOW START:
    Hogan, Austin and Rock in Ring open

Really awesome to see the men who built 'Mania to the spectacle it is now. It was a real Wrestlemania moment. Great to see all three men give the catchphrases and toast 'Mania 30. It began to drage after a couple of minutes but it was fantastic nevertheless

Bryan VS Triple H:

Thank you Stephanie for wearing that outfit. Bringing in PPV buys with that alone!
    Triple H had one of the best entrances of the night. It was really cool. The crowd seemed to be into him aswell. Bryan and his furry boots heading down the ring was still good too. The shot of the 75,000+ crowd "Yes-ing" was fantastic. He's definitely the most over guy in the company.

The match was amazing. It had a blood feud feel to it but wasn't a brawl/schmoz. It was a technical and heated bout with some great spots throughout. Both men were evenly matched and I can safely say this was Hunters best 'Mania match, even if it was a loss. Match of the night for me. Was delighted to see Bryan get the win (also Hunters Tiger suplex)

The post match was great too. Trying to put forward that Bryan's fairytale ending hasn't come yet.

Shield VS Kane and New Age Outlaws

The shield looked badass with their mouth masks. Unfortunately this was one of the only good things about this match. Thie had time constraint written all over it. A 12-15 minute match shaved down to 6-7.
    While the Spear and powerbomb spots were cool, this was just a squash throwaway. The shield are awesome though with the great bulletclub style celebration.

Andre the Giant memorial battle royal:

Jobber entrances for everyone but Show and Sheamus. This match was destined to be a clusterf#ck. Battle Royals are just too hard to follow until the last maybe 6 people. Kofi had one of his best non-elimination spots during the match. Looked class.
    Cesaro looked like a beast with some of those eliminations including the giant slam spot. Delighted to see him win and cement the face turn. He deserves the push he's getting and should definitely go onto big things this year.

Bray Wyatt VS JHEEAAAN CEEENAAAH

The band playing Wyatt out were great. They were really creepy and Wyatt as always delivered with the creep factor.

The match wasn't all that great from a technical standpoint. However the psychology and storytelling were amazing. Had a feeling of Batman VS Joker to it. Just wanting Cena to go mental and destroy Bray.

Wyatt really draws you in and makes you want to watch (even if the moves are s#it).
    Yes, it was slow paced and and the crowd were already burned out but isn't Wyatt fantastic at what he does? Singing to Cena was my favourite moment of the match altogether.

The wrong man won obviously. Cena didn't need the win. He could've got it back at extreme rules as let Wyatt get major heat beating Superman live at 'Mania. This feud has plenty of juice left in it but I genuinely think this will hinder Wyatt in the long run.

Brock VS Taker- Streak broken
    Ah, jaysus.....This is the match that killed 'Mania being 10/10 for me.
    It was so long and boring. The crowd were dead. They expected a nice 'Taker match and win to keep the show ticking over.

We went from a psychology masterclass from Wyatt to a ridiculous drawn out shoot-style match between Lesnar and Taker. The match moved at a snails pace, we all waited for taker to kick out of the F5 and he didn't.

The build for this match was utter s#ite. Nobody believed 'Taker would lose. Nobody cared about Lesnar because it was just 'Takers usual 'Mania payday, nothing more. I wish they'd have given the streak to a young guy or a full time wrestler, not Brock. I can safely say that the streak being broken was the low-light of Wrestlemania 30. While it was a great swerve, it shouldn't have included brock.

Divas match
    I took this time to recover from the shock of the last match. I paid very little attention but I was a bit annoyed to hear the commentary team laugh and joke about the divas even though the biggest moment in Wrestlemania history just happened.

Main Event:
    Bryan VS BOO-tista VS Orton:

Orton's entrance was amazing. He looked like a star even though he's been jobbed out since winning the titles.

Batista enters and the crowd goes mild.

Bryan enters and we really have a main event on our hands.

The match was phenomenal. All three men worked to put on a great match. Unfortunately the crowd was reeling at teh start from the taker match, but the picked up later on. Everything in this match was money. The spots, the interference the Batistabomb into a NECKBREAKER was amazing.

Bryan getting off the stretcher was funny to watch but did add overall. Bonus to see him get the tap-out victory too. Great way to end the show with Pyro and confetti. He's now WWE's biggest star.

Overall thoughts:

WWE knocked this one out of the park. After quite a lot of frustration since Summerslam and below average 'Manias the last few years this was amazing. Very liitle to fault them on this year. I gave it:
    8.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Went with a seven, great opener and a great main event the middle bit was mostly just good. And Cesaro winning made me happy. Lacking that big MOTY candidate to take it over the top though.

Should we all log off now?

Brian Danielson wrestled Triple H at Wrestlemania and won, on the same night he wrestled Randy Orton & Batista and won, wrestled in the Main Event of Wrestlemania and became the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Mental. Imagine posting that 5 year's ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

By the way, said it at the time but it got lost in the shuffle. I'm not sure if it was Kane n nite or kkv, always mix them up for some reason, but he was definitely one of the fans shown in the reaction shots.

Twas Kane N Nite. He's ringside annually

the IWC after Bryan's win

now_what_finding_nemo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

I loved the streak being broken. Pretty obvious during the match that Taker just isn't physically up for it any more so they may as well end it. And it brings Lesnar back to the absolute beast he was right after he came back, before they booked him into just another guy. Now he's the beast again. Hopefully he can become a really top special attraction now in Takers place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I had forgotten about HHH's intro, definitely one of the best Wrestlemania entrances ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

9 out of ten. As my housemates will tell you, I was way into it before the first match started. Great show. HHH and Bryan stole the show.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I had forgotten about HHH's intro, definitely one of the best Wrestlemania entrances ever.

The contrast to Bryan just walking out in a t-shirt was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

J. Marston wrote: »

grr.gif

He's like the Joeffry of WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Guy on FAN pointed out that he was actually Shao Kahn.

The hammer, the mask, the constantly denigrating his opponent.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Guy on FAN pointed out that he was actually Shao Kahn.

The hammer, the mask, the constantly denigrating his opponent.............

Was going to say that! :pac:

Shao_Kahn_Render.jpg

Advertisement