Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seen anyone famous lately?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Finishing a jog about 2 weeks ago and a big jeep with "Wallace" written on it drives up as I wait to cross the road. I gawked at it thinking "who drives this yok?" ... When I saw Mick Wallace driving past I gawked even longer.

He waved. I lol'd.

He has a personalised plate "Wallace" on his jeep? That's illegal surely?

siblers wrote: »
    When I was in landan, your man who played Simon from the Inbetweeners and the girl who played his girlfriend in one of the seasons was there too. They were eating and were with family so we didn't bother to interupt them. Everyone left them in peace to be fair.

I would have puked on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

porsche959 wrote: »
    I puked on Bono at the Brit awards one time.

another proud moment????

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Saw Jedward at the Noah Premiere at Savoy last saturday while going by on the bus

*Il get my coat :rolleyes:

Puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Work in a D4 hotel so see a few small-time celebs. The Blonde girl out of Xpose, yer wan that goes "Dermot!" On Fair City.

Liam Brady comes in sometimes before Champions League, big red face on him. Good makeup in RTE.

Going back a few months, saw Maxi that used to play for Liverpool in New York's Apple store. Was very tempted to go up to him but left him be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I saw Grace Gummer. It ain't no thang.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Took that photo of jayz and blue ivy recently :)

yawhat! wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone in Ireland have heard of Beyonce and Jay-z

I think I've heard of them. Aren't they some of the new fangled "pop" "musicians" that the young people are into now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Finishing a jog about 2 weeks ago and a big jeep with "Wallace" written on it drives up as I wait to cross the road. I gawked at it thinking "who drives this yok?" ... When I saw Mick Wallace driving past I gawked even longer.

He waved. I lol'd.

I had high hopes.

Thought you were gonna say William, and he was shooting fireballs out of his arse. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Oh yeah another one, I was at an assessment centre in the Radisson Hotel in Stillorgan and I stayed overnight. Went down for breakfast the next morning and saw Jimmy Magee eating there too! After about 20 minutes, John Creedon lands over and says to him "I'm a huge fan" and shakes his hand! Didn't even spot him sitting across the room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Met a few players at the Spurs @ Thunder game last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Bill Murray, john daly, Russell Crowe, Phil babb, Jason mc acteer, Jordan and Lucy pinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Bill Murray, john daly, Russell Crowe, Phil babb, Jason mc acteer, Jordan and Lucy pinder.

Together?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I sawded eoin mclove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I work beside BBC on Regent st so I think that's why there's so many. James May the other day, the tall awkward guy from Flight of the Conchords, Superhans, Jez from Peep Show, Kelly Brook, Danny Boyle, Bill Nighy, Lenny Henry, Richard Ayodaywhatever from IT crowd, Chris O'Dowd, David Gandy, Cardinal Richelieu from 17th Century France... can't remember any more right now.

Kelly Brook in real life, still stunning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Together?

Unfortunately not. Could have been a great night. Russell was a sound man. Had a disagreement with him and told him go **** himself and he laughed about it in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Saw Gillian Anderson in O'Hare last month.

I actually recognised the voice before I saw her.

She may have had a touch of work done but she's quite a striking woman.

Odd too that she's far hotter now than she was in her 20's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I saw Dale Winton in Dundrum.

I live across the road from Evelyn O Rourke, she has a book out now.

My local is the lead singer from The Scripts local too, so I see him there.

No, I've never seen anyone famous :(

Aidric wrote: »
    Saw an uneasy Marty Morrissey exiting a Tony Quinn store in the square Tallaght murmuring 'those tanning pills are shoite' under his breath.

Post of the week for me.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Saw BOD in Dundum last Friday going into House of Fraser with his hood up, lad is at the peak of his fame and probably just wanted to a do a mothers day shop for his wife so I didn't want to disturb.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Saw BOD in Dundum last Friday going into House of Fraser with his hood up, lad is at the peak of his fame and probably just wanted to a do a mothers day shop for his wife so I didn't want to disturb.

I see Amy at the Bagel Factory all the time. She loves her bagels.

Seen them at the cinema a few times, he stands off to the side 'hiding' and makes her get the tickets and popcorn :D

mauzo! wrote: »
    I saw Dale Winton in Dundrum.

:(
    I'd run out of there screaming with one hand covering me bum.

I'd run out of there screaming with one hand covering me bum.

He was signing autographs outside Tesco. I sh*t you not. He was loving every minute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Met a few people over the past while.

My most famous on being stevie wonder.

Sitting having a beer in new york and random as anything, in walks the wonder boy himself being led by his minder, just to use the toilet.

My jaw dropped. Out he came 5 mins later (prob 5 stone lighter too) and my mate says hiya stevie! His minder was not impressed and pulled him along until wonder says no I want to say hello.

He came over to the two of us, asked us was our accent irish, and explained that he loves it in Ireland.

My friend is a cheeky git, as him for a photo. Sound as a pound he agreed. Now have a lovely photo.

This really is a true story, but just to add a joke.... Bet stevie didnt see it coming! He was very happy to see us!

;)

Im always a bit dubious about shaking hands with a blind man after a sh1te.

Great story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

My job actually puts me working with "famous" people. These range from famous Irish people to international famous people. The interesting thing to me is that the lower down people, for want of another phrase have been the rudest people I've met.
    I have no interest in the celeb culture, although there are people I'd love to meet.
    Anyway, some Irish people who appear in the paper from time to time have been the most ignorant people I've ever met. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

My job actually puts me working with "famous" people. These range from famous Irish people to international famous people. The interesting thing to me is that the lower down people, for want of another phrase have been the rudest people I've met.
    I have no interest in the celeb culture, although there are people I'd love to meet.
    Anyway, some Irish people who appear in the paper from time to time have been the most ignorant people I've ever met. Go figure.
    I 100% can vouch for that as in my current job I meet famous people and "famous" people every week.

The "famous" people are always the biggest ass wipes going, thinking because they appeared on rte or whatever at some stage for doing a trout pout, that us mere mortals are completely beneath them.

A certain xpose presenter comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Yeah agreed, I work in TV so see a lot of them, but then as a colleague once said to me, the A-listers don't need to be dickheads as they've got ten more layers of people to do their dirty work for them - all they need to do is show up and smile :)

The funny thing is that I've seen karma bite lots of the jumped-up Z listers on the ass too - people stop caring after their three minutes are up and the fact that they've acted like absolute aRsewipes along the way means they have no contacts and no way of wheedling their way back into the spotlight.

Being an aRsehole really is a bad business decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I saw Ellie Goulding a few weeks back, but then again I paid to

Advertisement