Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead animal s found in clare

Options
  • 04-04-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hopefully all concerned in relation to the matter are found and prosecuted .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

6480 wrote: »
    Hopefully all concerned in relation to the matter are found and prosecuted .

Tis rough what was done! Would love to know how they got them out over the cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

They removed the tags so what happens when his herd test is due and no animals for those tags?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Seen a photo I the paper. ...evil beyond a doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Doom wrote: »
    Seen a photo I the paper. ...evil beyond a doubt

Got a link. Haven't heard about this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Anyone got a link to the story??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

That sick, I just hope to fcuk the animals were dead before ears were cut off and thrown over the cliff.

C0N0R wrote: »
    That sick, I just hope to fcuk the animals were dead before ears were cut off and thrown over the cliff.

I have my doubts on that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

Terrible act. Was it the Bull McCabe that did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭mf240

Its very strange, was it a mix of cattle and horses.

Any chance it was an illegal dead animal collector just dumping instead of the proper procedures.

A fair dirty thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Most disgusting thing I've ever heard off.
    That to me is the same as a serial killer with a heap of people buried in one spot.

Make ye sick

I have my doubts on that to be honest.

Really? You reckon they were forced over the edge live?

God I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,156 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

if they are there months would that have been during the storms, also how could they trace the owners.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

whelan2 wrote: »
    if they are there months would that have been during the storms, also how could they trace the owners.

The article said they probably weren't there during the storms, less than 2 months they reckoned.

Poor animals, horrific photo

mf240 wrote: »
    Really? You reckon they were forced over the edge live?

God I hope not.

Road going to the edge off the cliff as far as I know, be easy enough let down the ramp at the edge and let em off. Can't really see the motive either way though. Not too easy roll a dead horse over a cliff I'd imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Caveat_

Another horse lay within 200 yards of the edge atop the cliffs and had to be put down by a veterinary surgeon who visited the scene this week.

That would suggest at least one of the animals was pushed over alive. Vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,156 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Stheno wrote: »
    The article said they probably weren't there during the storms, less than 2 months they reckoned.

Poor animals, horrific photo
    oh ok, was on news earlier too. Hope they catch those involved

Road going to the edge off the cliff as far as I know, be easy enough let down the ramp at the edge and let em off. Can't really see the motive either way though. Not too easy roll a dead horse over a cliff I'd imagine..

Fcuking scum, hope there caught.

What possible motive??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What possible motive??

Disease, lack of value in the market were two of the ones mentioned on the Matt Cooper show yesterday :(

What possible motive??

Fecked if I know why anyone would do it. looking at google maps the access road is a cul de sac and there are a nice few house to pass along the way. It's a wonder nobody spotted something funny going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

There should be no court or legal proceedings for whoever did that . They should be driven over the edge of the same cliff and left to rot aswell .
    Anyone that can do that to animals has no place on this earth

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Jaysus, it's rough. They can cut off what they like but there's no hiding from DNA analysis. There's a huge library of data available now to compare a sample too. I'd be very nervous if it was me that carried out that sad act.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Its very strange, was it a mix of cattle and horses.

Any chance it was an illegal dead animal collector just dumping instead of the proper procedures.

A fair dirty thing to do.
    I only heard this on the news this evening when I was driving home. I thought the same thing when I heard the news story.
    Dirty rotten feckers who did that and bad luck to them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

sickening thing to hear happen :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l swear to god l'd make those c*nts regret what they did....just disgusting, why would someone do such a cruel horrible thing?? :( Does anyone know if its likely they were put over the cliff alive? please god l hope not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭fr3d12

What possible motive??

The motive was money pure and simple.
    The owner didn't want to feed or care for the animals with the possible exception being the cattle who may have been ill or injured.
    Disgusting and serious acts of animal cruelty and neglect are extemely common in Ireland but the charges and penalties do not reflect the severity of the crime.

someone has to know something, hopfully someone will cop that some animals are missing from this vile "man/woman".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭fr3d12

someone has to know something, hopfully someone will cop that some animals are missing from this vile "man/woman".

They should be able to trace the owner of the cattle easily enough I would imagine, the ears were gone so they had obviously been registered.
    The location also suggests that the culprit expected the carcasses to be washed out to sea and not be discovered.

fr3d12 wrote: »
    They should be able to trace the owner of the cattle easily enough I would imagine, the ears were gone so they had obviously been registered.
    The location also suggests that the culprit expected the carcasses to be washed out to sea and not be discovered.

l hope so...can only imagine what way they were treated before this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bikes

Sam Kade wrote: »
    They removed the tags so what happens when his herd test is due and no animals for those tags?

The type that does that will rob cattle and put their tags in their ears .

Advertisement