Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calories in butlers cafe hot chocolate?

Options
  • 04-04-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Anyone know roughly how many calories are in the cafe hot chocolate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

ronano wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly how many calories are in the cafe hot chocolate?

Do you know what kind of milk it's made with?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Big brands usually have info online, so you could look up starbucks nutritional info for it. Or BK or mcdonalds for burgers.

You have to know the size of course, and do they throw in the free chocolate with the cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

On MFP a
    Costa - Hot Chocolate Medium is

Servings:

Calories 327 Sodium 0 mg
    Total Fat 15 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 9 g Total Carbs 35 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 33 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 13 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

But I don't know if they make it the same way as Butlers do - with a ladle of melted chocolate! whole milk or skim? with extras like cream & marshmallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I'm not sure of the calories (high!) but I know they make it with skim milk if you ask so that would help lower it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

i emailed and was told 497 calories in a cafe cup of full flat hot chocolate, not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

i emailed and was told 497 calories in a cafe cup of full flat hot chocolate, not too bad

You got to have it with cream though, and let's not go and deny ourselves the free chocolate either. That would be silly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A big mac is 490kcal in Ireland, same as a mcdonalds quarter pounder with cheese.

I expect many would guess the hot chocolate would be less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

i'll admit i'm surprised that big macs are that low!

Advertisement