Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your most unique experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Once, in college, I pierced myself with 60 needles and then stitched myself to a wall.

That's fairly impressive, I'd have trouble sewing a button onto a shirt, never mind stiching myself to a wall. And I'm afraid of needles also!

Mind me asking what was the reason for this act of lunacy?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I was in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I was in cork.

I was in some oak once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Once, in college, I pierced myself with 60 needles and then stitched myself to a wall.

Truthishly? But why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

It's true. I went to art college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

a famous American singer songwriter borrowed my guitar one night to play an impromptu session in a local pub back in the 90's. I got him to sign it with permanent marker when he was finished. I still have the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Went on a small 2 seater plane in South Africa years ago and saw an albino whale.

The pilot had been flying for over 30 years in that region and had never seen one...he was over the moon...I was hoping he was watching the controls a bit more carefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

After drinking 12 pints of Galway Hooker and devouring a doner kebab I woke up to a surprisingly mild hangover. I 'drew an ace' in the jacks, with a 'winner, all white' on the first pass to clean up, then went outside for a good long walk. Later that evening I won €63 on the Lotto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

a famous American singer songwriter borrowed my guitar one night to play an impromptu session in a local pub back in the 90's. I got him to sign it with permanent marker when he was finished. I still have the guitar.

And now we guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Stood on the Old trafford pitch all on my own and even took some grass as a solvenier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

When I was in primary school..my mum, sister and I drew this mahoosively long banner full of cartoon characters from tv..must have been about five foot long. And we got it shown on the den!
    Had to do a camera panning on cause of the size. That was pretty cool back in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Greyfox wrote: »
    Stood on the Old trafford pitch all on my own and even took some grass as a solvenier

*souvenir

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Was shadowing a Trauma surgeon in Philly a few summers ago.

Young gang member comes into the trauma bay at midnight after being shot multiple times in the abdomen.

He starts to deteriorate quite rapidly while in the bay and decision is made to bring him to OR for an emergency laparotomy.

During the operation he drops his blood pressure and goes into cardiac arrest.

The surgeon opened the guys chest, grabs his heart between his two hands and starts contracting the heart with his hands in order to try and retain some blood flow to the rest of the body.

My job was to try and squeeze the bags of blood into him as fast as I could. Never squeezed as hard in my life.

The resuscitation lasted about 30 mins before we called it quits. Poor guy really didn't stand much of a chance from such injuries.

That was definitely the most amazing, exhilarating and subsequently disappointing experience of my life.

It's the reason I will be starting my hopefully fruitful career as an ED doc this July.

Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

Was shadowing a Trauma surgeon in Philly a few summers ago.

Young gang member comes into the trauma bay at midnight after being shot multiple times in the abdomen.

He starts to deteriorate quite rapidly while in the bay and decision is made to bring him to OR for an emergency laparotomy.

During the operation he drops his blood pressure and goes into cardiac arrest.

The surgeon opened the guys chest, grabs his heart between his two hands and starts contracting the heart with his hands in order to try and retain some blood flow to the rest of the body.

My job was to try and squeeze the bags of blood into him as fast as I could. Never squeezed as hard in my life.

The resuscitation lasted about 30 mins before we called it quits. Poor guy really didn't stand much of a chance from such injuries.

That was definitely the most amazing, exhilarating and subsequently disappointing experience of my life.

It's the reason I will be starting my hopefully fruitful career as an ED doc this July.

Can't wait.

jesus christ..

may you have a very long, and successful career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Was on trial for gbh and robbery. Found rightfully innocent. I was just trying to break up a fight but was arrested with the gang of scummers because Id had a few beers. Gaurds didnt want to know. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Performed as a back up dancer in the alternative miss Ireland contest to a packed out Olympia. The standing area at the front seemed so small at the time. Really cool experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Was in November 1989 in Berlin in a café at Checkpoint Charlie (the border station between East and West Berlin) drinking red wine with colleagues after work when it was announced that the Berlin Wall was open.

Then unbelievingly watching (slightly drunk and absolutely stunned) how the people from East Berlin came first reluctantly than enthusiastically across the border, then the very physical reunification (never hugged and kissed that many people in my life) and finally all the pubs and cafés around gave out free drinks. All of Berlin actually.

T'was the biggest party I've ever experienced - and it lasted for several days.

Came home staggering in the morning about 6am to wake up and tell my flatmate that the Wall fell down. She dismissed me as being drunk.

Sure I was, as was all of Berlin, apart from her :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭onrail

In November 2011, I (a harmless country chap) found myself in the middle of a field in Guinea/Sierra Leone educating a Russian project manager, in French, on the political situation in Northern Ireland.
    Didn't see that on the college prospectus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Bono?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Saw that asteroid impact on the moon a few months ago maybe think it was (from earth btw), was about 10pm at night and though the rock was small it made a big aul flash and shockwave (not much gravity there) maybe 1/10 of total moon size, heard about it on news next day.

Also seen that big asteroid land off NW coast via car on the M1 back in around '10, lots of green and breaking up in the sky 10 secs duration looked like it was really nearby but +500miles land zone.Seen a few ufos too over the years, pair of those black silent triangle ones in '89 and recently time x3 wee silver ones heading different altitudes/directions at dusk.

AND I don't even look up the sky much nor smoke nor drink the whisky etc...!

~~~

+ met Chris Eubanks once downtown he kept asking where to buy 'cuffinks' (with a lisp) so just for the laugh we kept repeating 'cufflinks? cufflinks?' (with a similar lispy style). He proceeded to march off down the road (on the lines of the road and thus commanding cars to stop/swerve). Heard he drives a tank or something these days so best to 'give way'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Many years ago, very late one night, I was dropping my g.f. home on my bike (Z650) when a Bike Garda, who was looking pretty shook up, jumped out in front of me and insisted I get him out of there NOW.
    Before I could register what was happening he told my g.f. to move up a bit and jumped on the bike behind her.
    He roared at me to go and to head for Rathmines Garda stn as fast as I could go, so I did.
    It was a bit surreal, three of us on the bike blasting through Harolds Cross while he's calling on the radio for back up and cars etc.
    Coming into Rathmines there were 2 or 3 Garda cars coming towards us and he starts yelling for me to stop. He jumps off, they stop, he gets in the front one and they take off back towards where we came from.
    So we followed them to try find out what had happened.
    (Short version)
    It turned out he had gone to a domestic row in a house and they had turned on him and kicked over and started smashing his bike then went at him so being out numbered turned ran and met me around the corner. But in the mean time the main character who had gone berserk on the bike had stripped off naked legged it and was now being chased around the area by the Garda cars.
    Yep, a strange moment and every word true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I was in band years ago and we won a radio comp and got to open for Bon Jovi in punchestown in front of about 15000 people. Never forget looking out over the crowd and seeing a ferris wheel and reverse bungy thing going off!
    Met razorlight's drummer, kid rock and Bon Jovi (watch them arrive at punchestown by helicopter) and watch the show side Stage.
    Unreal day!

Is that you, Amanda Brunker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Charged by an elephant while eating dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

orangesoda wrote: »
    oral sex in a forest

Nothing worse than poor personal grooming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Fitted furniture in Nicky Byrne, Ronan Keating and Samantha Mumba,s homes. Only got to meet Ronan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Putting tea on my cereal as a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I don't know that it counts as unique, but it was pretty special seeing Amy Winehouse in the Olympia before she got all fu*ked. She wasn't that well known at the time. Great gig!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I threw up in 3 different countries in the space of 2 hrs before.

Stag weekend in Belgium, started throwing up in Belgium, puked the whole way on the taxi to Eindhoven airport (Holland) and puked the whole way home on Ryanair until we landed in Dublin.

Good weekend though.

Got stoned in seven countries in 24 hours on a road trip once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I touched a piece of the moon in the Kennedy Space Center in Flordia, USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

diomed wrote: »
    Charged by an elephant while eating dessert.

What do elephants eat for dessert?

Advertisement