Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tornado season 2014

Options
13»

Comments

That stormscape coverage is amiazng, cracking lightning too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Quite rare to see two fully developed and sustained twins of that size and definition.

I did not see it last night, I was watching Discovery's Storm Chasers, like I do from time to time. :)

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Quite rare to see two fully developed and sustained twins of that size and definition.

I did not see it last night, I was watching Discovery's Storm Chasers, like I do from time to time. :)

probably as well off, Red Nissan, I feel hung over from watching it for hours :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Red Nissan wrote: »

My jaw was still on the floor walking up this morning after watching the streams for an hour last night !!!

The net weather crew did a great job yesterday seeing 7 tornadoes in total , and the 7th bringing team leader Paul's total to 100!! Hes delighted to say the least.

Have to say though , this guy though being a bit too reckless getting this close !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Iancar29 wrote: »

Have to say though , this guy though being a bit too reckless getting this close !

Stupidly close but fairly epic footage all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Iancar29 wrote: »
    My jaw was still on the floor walking up this morning after watching the streams for an hour last night !!!

The net weather crew did a great job yesterday seeing 7 tornadoes in total , and the 7th bringing team leader Paul's total to 100!! Hes delighted to say the least.

That guy is f*cking INSANE :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

South Dakota footage

Violent but beautiful

keep your eyes on Chicago and Illinois tonight, they are at risk of a derecho and tornado's

'A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for the entire Chicago area until 9 p.m., with the weather service warning of a "particularly dangerous situation." That's only the 46th time in 25 years it has issued such an alert.

No severe weather warnings have yet been issued in the area, but the weather service cautioned that the potential for destructive winds -- known as a derecho -- and even tornadoes will remain for several hours.

"Conditions are highly favorable for a derecho," said weather service meteorologist David Beachler. "That's a very significant, damaging wind storm that tends to be very widespread."

The storm prompted tornado watches in eastern Iowa and western Illinois.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-could-be-hit-by-destructive-winds-known-as-a-derecho-20140630,0,1737957.story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Late autumn season action kicking off this evening :)

http://tvnweather.com/live

• Advertisement
Advertisement