Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The International 4

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

MVP Phoenix looks like they're one foot in the door for minimum wildcard entry now. I love their drafts, so diffferent to the current meta but they still get their plays to work

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

NE vs CIS holy crap what a game

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

NE vs CIS holy crap what a game

116 minutes. 55 to 54. 6 blink daggers, 4 force staffs, 2 rapiers and 1367 last hits on the morphling.

Holy...

LGDs undefeated status is broken as Black's Naga topples them. Important day today to see if LGD can keep up momentum. It's pretty close for the rest of the teams, and pretty much anyone bar CNB can finish in the top 4. LGD the only one guaranteed top 4 I think now.

SEA TI4 qualifiers fails clips say a lot. Includes 4 hilarious pub style fails from Zephyr. That attempted courier snipe. My god.

If only I could last hit, I could play "pro".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMCeHPwe6HI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    If only I could last hit, I could play "pro".

There are many factors that go into playing on a competitive team and doing well, and I very much doubt that a basic mechanic is the only one you're lacking, dude. That would be a super strange thing to happen. :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    There are many factors that go into playing on a competitive team and doing well, and I very much doubt that a basic mechanic is the only one you're lacking, dude. That would be a super strange thing to happen. :pac:

Come ooooon!

I shouldn't have to include the [joking] tags. The only thing I'm pro at is feeding.

Quali's nearly done and dusted now. More than likely will be mouz and then wildcard Rox.kis for EU today. Wait and see.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just in case people are avoiding spoilers
    Rox.kis are out, VP beat them and are currently 1-0 up against Mouz in the grand finals

IG thrashes DK in the WPC Ace final. I honestly have no idea who's going to win now, but I'm going to on a limb and suggest Cloud 9 :P

• Advertisement

IG thrashes DK in the WPC Ace final. I honestly have no idea who's going to win now, but I'm going to on a limb and suggest Cloud 9 :P

I'm still firmly backing Alliance.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    I'm still firmly backing Alliance.

They looked shoddy in WPC Ace against DK and Newbee over the weekend, I'm not so sure.

They looked shoddy in WPC Ace against DK and Newbee over the weekend, I'm not so sure.

Which team hasn't been shoddy over the last few months? I can't think of one.

Cloud 9

Cloud 9

I like Cloud 9 but I think the International will fall too early for them. They haven't won an event yet and seem to struggle to get over the line. Also, if you dismiss Alliance based on the WPC then why not Cloud 9 also since they lost all their games to Chinese opposition? IG, DK, NewB, VG: All losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

Team empire are looking really solid and i thought fnatic were on a good roll before the qualifiers. Personally i would love fnatic to win, but mousesports (formally team dog, that was a really great call on the qualifiers cherry) are really exciting me as well.

i dont think cherry is serious with his cloud 9 pick, they have struggled worse than Alliance in the last few months. I dont watch as much of the chinesse dota so i cant really comment on those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just noticed the Prize pool has topped $10,000,000..... that is insane ! Fair play Valve. I would if the winners of this thing will just retire afterwards ! I'd say it would be tough to get motivated for the rest of the events throughout the year.

Has anyone been following the Fnatic "situation". its possible they will be disqualified unless Era plays, despite him suffering sever health issues for some time. Seems to me they're being treated extremely unfairly by Valve.

Considering they let EG swap Fear with Mason, of course.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah if they are not treating a mental illness seriously that is terrible of them, it's much worse than fears issue tbh, i'm pretty sure that will change.

• Advertisement

Yeah if they are not treating a mental illness seriously that is terrible of them, it's much worse than fears issue tbh, i'm pretty sure that will change.

I'm not so sure. Valve really seem to be taking a hardline approach to this. I think the problem is that Fnatic have always had just 5 players on their roster, with Xcaliber only playing with them now for a month.

In the case of EG, Mason has been on their roster for most of this year now and the situation with Fear's injury was known to Valve well in advance of TI4.

I would stop short of outright accusing Valve of trivializing a mental health problem, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if its part of the reason. We'll probably know soon enough.

On the one hand you can argue its a lack of foresight on the part of the Fnatic management for not having a rostered standin at the ready in the event player illness. On the other it looks like a lack of common sense of the part of Valve.

Fnatic also withdrew their LoL team from an event this week due to a player illness.

I just don't understand why teams and tournament organizers can't avoid all this bloody nonsense by having rosters of 6 or 7 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

it is an unusual situation with Fnatic,

Valve have released all there correspondence with fnatic and the players Here

it seams Era wants to play, Fnatic management and the other players look like they have lost faith in Era's ability to play, the medical concerns are there, but it seams ambiguous.

its a tough call. i would count myself as a fnatic fan.
    i think excalibur is an amazing player, but i would prefer era. we have all seen or heard about excalibur's meepo and tinker. they were amazing.But EG as a team showed how to negate his meepo, and Dendi exposed his lack of experience to 1v1 mind tricks and navi exposed tinkers weaknesses.

but Excalibur blew my mind watching his meepo achieve 811 last hits and a gpm of over 1000 in a 40 something minute game (it was one of the summit games).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

era earned his spot qualifying, valve did the right thing. He qualified not the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Fnatic's management come off looking seriously scummy from that imo.

Advertisement