Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

be drawn as a simpsons character

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

They are great pics tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Fiverr is a pretty nice service. I'm a seller on it and I've made a slow but steady profit from my own little gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

jay0109 wrote: »
    Simpsons couch background with a family of 2 adults and 3 kids = $60

What are the dimensions on these pics?

As a designer - best opt for the 'vector' image format. Unlike a JPEG (made of pixels), a vector is sharp and scaleable to ANY size!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

Bought two of these, one for the girlfriend any myself. Completely unhappy with it. I gave an honest, yet dissatisfied review and the fool gave me a negative review for no reason other than me giving him a thumbs down!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Mossyman wrote: »
    Bought two of these, one for the girlfriend any myself. Completely unhappy with it. I gave an honest, yet dissatisfied review and the fool gave me a negative review for no reason other than me giving him a thumbs down!
    What was so bad about it?

Mine was pretty good. I requested 1 small extra thing on the side but he just did his own thing, which kind of annoyed me a little. Still, €7.50 for a high quality picture of two is alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I'm not that impressed with mine either. Looks nothing like me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

annmarieheavin_Simpson.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=121YZTR34RRBRSVSBFR2&Expires=1397219114&Signature=B490lil3k0y49KCgOGlR3qM9X6Q%3D

Not sure it looks like us but it's still pretty cool!

lol! Is your kid an albino? :D

This is mine:

7Lk3Ne_thumb.jpg

Not fantastic but I suppose it is only $5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Nope strawberry blonde! Doesn't go as well with the yellow simpson skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

This is mine:

Snipped massive image

Not fantastic but I suppose it is only $5.

That looks like somebody I know.

I'll see if I can get a fiver for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Did you ask for any revisions or contact him first before leaving the feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Bought one off the Irish lad myself. Wasn't a great likeness at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

ed_zps6bc02ec9.jpg

simpson_zps0adbe416.jpg

Happy enough with mine, considering it cost a fiver

neo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's a much better likeness than the one we got.

I think it's only that my wife, child and I are in it together that someone might think it was us.

Eoin wrote: »
    That's a much better likeness than the one we got.

I think it's only that my wife, child and I are in it together that someone might think it was us.

this was the guy i bought it from:

http://www.fiverr.com/virtues/draw-you-as-a-simpson-character-with-fast-delivery

i gave him 4 or 5 pictures but the one above was the one he based it off of.

I have asked him to do me another of me and my fiancee will post it when it is sent

neo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

neonitrix wrote: »
    this was the guy i bought it from:

http://www.fiverr.com/virtues/draw-you-as-a-simpson-character-with-fast-delivery

i gave him 4 or 5 pictures but the one above was the one he based it off of.

I have asked him to do me another of me and my fiancee will post it when it is sent

neo

He look like he actually spent some time drawing the pictures. My picture looks like a drawing that I could have done myself.

Tempted to get another now :)

Yeah that's the Vietnam lass that was linked to a few posts back by Kevin!. She seems to have the best feedback rating. Shame she wasn't the one linked to at the start of the thread...fcuking OP!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

In the interest of experimentation i'm going to buy a second from the link above and compare with my first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Happy enough with mine, considering it cost a fiver

neo

you look abit like Aaron Paul
    did you know that :pac:

2nd time I have been told that and both times on boards lol

• Advertisement

Got my recent order there now, happy with it :)

meandvicsimpson_zps7a011441.jpg

meandvicsimpson2_zps3f410599.jpg

neo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

So you pay first then upload pic? I want to try one with two adults and two kids on Simpsons sofa. So price would be? I'm confused as how to order. Also what size does picture come in?

mad m wrote: »
    So you pay first then upload pic? I want to try one with two adults and two kids on Simpsons sofa. So price would be? I'm confused as how to order. Also what size does picture come in?

You pay extra for full bodies and backgrounds but it's a matter of sending pics paying up front then u get a email to respond with pics send a few and the artist has options to work with from taking a gamble I am happy with what I have ordered thus far from the link I have posted

Good luck with ur order

Neo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Just ordered mine, very excited! Boyfriend is doing exams at the moment, so hopefully this will give him a good laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Got mine done, he drew me in a dune buggy though.....and i dont even like dune buggies!

adamski8 wrote: »
    Got mine done, he drew me in a dune buggy though.....and i dont even like dune buggies!

Everybody likes dune buggies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Got my recent order there now, happy with it :)

meandvicsimpson_zps7a011441.jpg

meandvicsimpson2_zps3f410599.jpg

neo

HI Neonitrix, looks good,which site did you use, were you waiting long?

meathman0 wrote: »
    HI Neonitrix, looks good,which site did you use, were you waiting long?

Took 3 days very good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lads how much does he charge for two people as a vector image ? I'm kinda half thinking of getting one as part of a wedding present for two friends getting married this summer, it'd certainly be different. Bit worried about some of the bad reviews though, I suppose he would get it more accurate if you send him 3 or 4 pics of the person rather than one ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement