Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus at nuim

Options
  • 30-03-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone know what campus is like in Maynooth? Got a place in river apartments for September 2014...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JJK92471

The river apartments are by far the nicest on campus, each room has its own ensuite and they have nicer kitchen/living areas and there is lift access unlike the other campus areas which saves you dragging your luggage up three flights of stairs. you should be happy to have gotten a good apartment and i hope you get good housemates and enjoy your time at NUIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Yes River is the nicest apartment block by far. Do you know what block your in?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

DylanII wrote: »
    Yes River is the nicest apartment block by far. Do you know what block your in?

Carrick I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 RedNeonTiger

River do have much nicer rooms but they have paper thin walls!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

Gonna second the point about the thin walls, i could hear people turning over in the next room during the night, and people singing in the next apartment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lauraf1

Yeah the river apartments have good rooms and a nice en-suite.
    However I wish they upgraded their sofas in the kitchen/living room (slept on two pushed together last year, my god it was awful!).
    I'm also in Carrick next year :D

lauraf1 wrote: »
    Yeah the river apartments have good rooms and a nice en-suite.
    However I wish they upgraded their sofas in the kitchen/living room (slept on two pushed together last year, my god it was awful!).
    I'm also in Carrick next year :D

Omg no way! What room!?

4B :D you?

4B :D you?

I can't remember :L Something C :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Kalyke

When I saw the title of these thread I thought it was in Latin!!:pac:

• Advertisement

May see ya around so :)

6C :D

Wouldn't it would be great there was a way we could find out who we're gonna be living with to make sure they're not crazy/OCD/extremely messy :L

Wouldn't it would be great there was a way we could find out who we're gonna be living with to make sure they're not crazy/OCD/extremely messy :L

Yeah :L They should tell us! What year you in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm also going to +1 the point about the paper thin walls, go get a set of ear plugs, you can pick up cheap ones in any hardware store. I remember one time one of my housemates was gone for about a week around exam time and he left his alarm clock turned on, it went off blaring every morning at 6:30 with a repeat every 15 mins until about 8:00 and there was no way to get in to turn it off :mad:

Yeah :L They should tell us! What year you in?

Going into 2nd, didn't get campus for first year so I'm glad I got it this year, can roll out of bed and be in a 9am lecture with ease ;)

I'm also going to +1 the point about the paper thin walls, go get a set of ear plugs, you can pick up cheap ones in any hardware store. I remember one time one of my housemates was gone for about a week around exam time and he left his alarm clock turned on, it went off blaring every morning at 6:30 with a repeat every 15 mins until about 8:00 and there was no way to get in to turn it off :mad:

Can you not report that to someone and get them to go in just to switch it off?? That absolutely sucks, I would have been mighty tempted to kick the door in :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Can you not report that to someone and get them to go in just to switch it off?? That absolutely sucks, I would have been mighty tempted to kick the door in :P

Yeah probably should have of course, I think I was just so tired I didnt want to get up at 6.30 in the morning to go down to the probably empty overnight desk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Definitely would have kicked the door in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

They have free ear plugs in the library. If they're not good enough (they're sometimes not for me if the neighbours are having a party), the little yellow hard foam ones you can get in a chemist for about 70 cents are great, block out a lot of sound, but still let you hear a phone alarm if it's close enough.

• Advertisement

Going into 2nd, didn't get campus for first year so I'm glad I got it this year, can roll out of bed and be in a 9am lecture with ease ;)

I'm going into first :) I should be in second year but I deferred :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

noob here but how the hell do ye find accom for Maynooth? The website is pish

I'm going into first :) I should be in second year but I deferred :L

Do you know what subjects you're taking yet? :)

9bred4 wrote: »
    noob here but how the hell do ye find accom for Maynooth? The website is pish

Yeah the website is minus use to be honest :P Have you done the lottery for campus or are you looking to go off campus?

Yeah the website is minus use to be honest :P Have you done the lottery for campus or are you looking to go off campus?

I did the lottery thing, after struggling to find that I couldn't bare try off campus :P How does one go about it! See Maynooth isn't my first choice so hoping I don't need to go there (not a slag on anyone just I live days away)

I did the lottery thing, after struggling to find that I couldn't bare try off campus :P How does one go about it! See Maynooth isn't my first choice so hoping I don't need to go there (not a slag on anyone just I live days away)

Hope to god you get the lottery so! (It also helps if you have some special reason why you *need* to be on campus). It's a nuisance trying to get accommodation around Maynooth in general, there is just not enough places to go around.

Hope to god you get the lottery so! (It also helps if you have some special reason why you *need* to be on campus). It's a nuisance trying to get accommodation around Maynooth in general, there is just not enough places to go around.

Well now I'm ****ting it :P

Well now I'm ****ting it :P

Ah don't worry too much about it! If you don't get the lottery I would get on to the residence office as soon as possible and make a case. You could say that commuting is not an option if you live too far away. At least get your name on the list so that when people don't take up the offer/don't get in, you have a decent chance at getting a place. :)

Ah don't worry too much about it! If you don't get the lottery I would get on to the residence office as soon as possible and make a case. You could say that commuting is not an option if you live too far away. At least get your name on the list so that when people don't take up the offer/don't get in, you have a decent chance at getting a place. :)

Well I live in Kerry so commuting isn't an option at all :P Thanks :D

• Advertisement

Do you know what subjects you're taking yet? :)

Music anyway :) I'm think international development and anthropology but I'm not sure!

Advertisement