Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Robbo wrote: »
    Squad update.

Leader picked up a knee injury at full time against the Dragons. Looks like TOH may be starting at FB against Treviso.

Nah TOH will be starting at 15 for Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Robbo wrote: »
    Squad update.

Leader picked up a knee injury at full time against the Dragons. Looks like TOH may be starting at FB against Treviso.

That's a pity. I thought he had hurt himself in that try near the end alright, but I was hoping it was just a minor knock.

TOH did look sharp when he came on at the weekend though. Hopefully he can return to the form/sharpness that he had when he first started breaking through. With Mils & Leader out now he might get a good opportunity to push for a regular place in the back three again. There's a lot of good competition around though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

wprathead wrote: »
    Nah TOH will be starting at 15 for Ireland :pac:
    Jeepers, do you really think so☺

connachta wrote: »
    Yeah no prob guys, was just saying that what Ouncer said isn't completely insane (unlikely but not crazy);) . Hard task to plead his cause sometimes here and I was expecting your reactions :p
    Appreciate the insanity clause raised on my behalf☺. I do hope in months to come to prove that this accusation of insanity is all construed. I suspect certain members of the forum are purporting this on the basis of some slightly unusual viewpoints that I may (or may not, hence the insanity issue) may have posted. I plan to fight my case☺

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

ouncer wrote: »
    Appreciate the insanity clause raised on my behalf☺. I do hope in months to come to prove that this accusation of insanity is all construed. I suspect certain members of the forum are purporting this on the basis of some slightly unusual viewpoints that I may (or may not, hence the insanity issue) may have posted. I plan to fight my case☺

I guess concensus won't be reached here for now:rolleyes:
    Except, I hope, on one single point : Connacht for Hcup next season, we all want it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Whatever about Tiernan's chances of playing for Ireland, Messi just cost him a fair bitta cash!!

https://twitter.com/Tiernanoh11/status/570340285655293952

I wonder is there any chance we'll see Conor Finn get his first home start on Sunday? We're down to the bare bones at 13.....could go with Carty, Ronaldson, McSharry again or Ronaldson, McSharry, Poolman with Niyi in at 14....the latter is probably the most likely but I wouldn't mind seeing a backline of Cooney, Ronaldson, Healy, McSharry, Finn, Poolman and TOH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Think there will be much of a crowd at the Treviso game? Going myself but I'd imagine the Ireland game will negatively affect attendance

I'd go with

1) Buckley
    2) Mccartney
    3) AhYou
    4) Kearney
    5 ) Muldowney
    6) Muldoon
    7) Heenan
    8 ) Masterson
    9) Cooney
    10) Ronaldson
    12)McSharry
    13) Finn
    11) Healy
    14) Poolman
    15) TOH

16) Heff
    17) Loughney
    18) Bealham
    19) Roux
    20) Naoupu
    21) Porter
    22) O'Leary
    23) Niyi

Kearney back to the business and Roux a bit flat at the moment, just a little swap
    Poolman is a winger, and Ronaldson must be properly tried at 10. Carty has to understant he hasn't any granted spot on the teamsheet. So Finn at 13, McShazz back to natural position, O'Leary on the bench.
    The rest is unchanged

Only issue I have is to cover FB in case of TOH injury. Niyi unexperienced, Healy deficient for kicking... Poolman I guess is the best option

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Think there will be much of a crowd at the Treviso game? Going myself but I'd imagine the Ireland game will negatively affect attendance

Crowd simply has to be down....I'm not going because of the Ireland game and it's on telly. I don't know who sets the schedule, how much say Connacht have etc...but someone f**ked up fixing this match.

Only issue I have is to cover FB in case of TOH injury. Niyi unexperienced, Healy deficient for kicking... Poolman I guess is the best option

I doubt Carty would be dropped altogether so I'd see him on bench covering 10 and 15 with Niyi in the 23 shirt.

S12b wrote: »
    I doubt Carty would be dropped altogether so I'd see him on bench covering 10 and 15 with Niyi in the 23 shirt.

Carty as fullback? Don't you remember Scarlets try in the Sportsground?:eek:

Carty as fullback? Don't you remember Scarlets try in the Sportsground?:eek:

Yes, I remember that one mistake. I also remember Jack being consistently excellent under the high ball for the last 12 months.....for a small guy, he's very good in the air.

Yes, I remember that one mistake. I also remember Jack being consistently excellent under the high ball for the last 12 months.....for a small guy, he's very good in the air.

Poolman is, too. Taller, faster, stronger, and good up-and-under kicking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Terrible scheduling alright. I plan on watching the match in town and walking up as soon as it's over, but the crowd will be well down alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Jack can cover 15
    I still expect Pat to name same lineup but with TOH in for Leader

I'd like to see Finn given a go but id be surprised if he is given the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

deisedude wrote: »
    Theyre not expecting many there and I would expect anyone who buys a ticket will be let into the clan with so many gone to irish game/watching it. Most of the stewards, head guys/supervisors anyway, will be working in the Aviva at game as well.

All true, but he has never played fullback for us and he won't on Sunday either...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Chaser perhaps but kicking isn't his strongest point IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Another sign of progress and improvement in squad depth, Marmion confirmed to be out and I haven't instantly started sweating profusely at the thought of Frank Murphy actually being on the pitch for more than 200 seconds....remember the Munster game in Thomond Park last Christmas!!

With Cooney on-board, we arguably have the best back-up 9 in Ireland....I'd put John ahead of Williams and Marshall anyway and he'll only get better with regular game-time from here on out.

All true, but he has never played fullback for us and he won't on Sunday either...

I just said as cover, but if Muliana is back...

The bayz taking it handy in training!! :D:D

B-tX-uRWwAE3bWF.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I just said as cover, but if Muliana is back...

Has poolman actually ever played FB

Hardest part of FB is positioning and thats only something you get with experience. Jack spends quite a bit of time covering that area whenever our 15 attacks so would be the obvious cover out of the two

freyners wrote: »
    Has poolman actually ever played FB

Hardest part of FB is positioning and thats only something you get with experience. Jack spends quite a bit of time covering that area whenever our 15 attacks so would be the obvious cover out of the two

Still think it would be an error, but if everbody disagree... Anyway, with Mils probably on the bench, no more debate ongoing...

Still think it would be an error, but if everbody disagree... Anyway, with Mils probably on the bench, no more debate ongoing...
    Rumour has it that mils is fully fit to take the fb position for the weekend. Toh will seemingly have to wait for his international 15 aspirations☺

ouncer wrote: »
    Rumour has it that mils is fully fit to take the fb position for the weekend. Toh will seemingly have to wait for his international 15 aspirations☺

Pat to risk him for the full 80? i'd rather think that, if he starts, it will be replaced at HT. TOH will have gametime, to prepare for Wales and Scotland:D

If you missed this, look until the end:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

How early will the sportsground be open on Sunday lads? Might be better off getting in early instead of rushing out of Pucan.

Advertisement