Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosacea- Any advise?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sineadgorman94

blazermel wrote: »
    That would be great I'd like to find something natural that worked for someone with the condition :-)[/quote

Hello again! I'm now a month into taking accumax and it is just starting to work. Has broken me out slightly on my jaw line at first but nothing that hasn't been worth it ! Also found a place online that has it the cheapest if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

That would be great I'd like to find something natural that worked for someone with the condition :-)[/quote

Hello again! I'm now a month into taking accumax and it is just starting to work. Has broken me out slightly on my jaw line at first but nothing that hasn't been worth it ! Also found a place online that has it the cheapest if your interested
    Thanks! Can you please PM me the details?
    I'm 3 weeks into Accumax, no change yet but I don't expect to see much change for at least a few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

gycolic exfoliator in the next week or so. Just waiting on them to arrive by post.

I would advise against exfoliating on sensitive skin especially stuff like glycolic acid.

My 2 cents:

A simple cleanser like Cetaphil is good to keep the skin in check, I find Aveeno pretty good for moisturizing and a good titanium dioxide SPF to use daily.

If you have flaky skin, it's possibly Seborrheic dermatitis as this can go hand in hand with Rosacea. Diet is important to control this, less sugar, alcohol, dairy and carbs can improve the condition with a topical application of honey 1-2 times a week. Use something like E45 for shampoo as it comes from the scalp

In terms of treatments I've done a few pulsed dye and it's helped. From what I've been told, IPL is not as effective. It's not permanent so maint sessions are required every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Back2work

Hi all, found this thread so said I wouldn't start a new one on it. I've recently been diagnosed with acne rosacea after 6 months of throwing good money after bad trying to find the perfect cream to solve it. Im on the rozex gel but my doctor didn't put me on tablets yet as she wants to see how my skin will react with the cream first.

To be honest I am incredibly fed up with how this condition affects my appearance. It's very difficult to cover up with make up even as on my face currently it goes scaly and starts coming away from my face after being applied. Has anyone any suggestions on a decent foundation that works well for this condition?

I find Vichy Dermablend works quite well. You can buy it in most pharmacies and there are a lot of videos on Youtube that shows how to apply it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LisaResnick

I have mild rosacea and dermalmd rosacea serum works well. I also use it as a moisturizer for my face. I have not found another moisturizer that I like as much as this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I have mild rosacea and dermalmd rosacea serum works well. I also use it as a moisturizer for my face. I have not found another moisturizer that I like as much as this one.

hi lisa, can i ask where you bought dermalmd rosacea serum ?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I am getting IPL for rosacea this eve, will report back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% is supposed to be great for rosacea, cheap as chips too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% is supposed to be great for rosacea, cheap as chips too!

finding this stuff fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

zweton wrote: »
    finding this stuff fantastic :)

Must try it out too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

So I just finished a two month course of tetracycline AB for my rosecea and it cleared up. I'm about a month off AB and it's now back :eek::mad:

It is so fecking annoying. The redness I mind, but even more so the nasty looking spots and the burning sensation.

In terms of diet, what have people who have gotten it under control found successful for them?

Advertisement