Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIAI Technologists Register

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Hairy mellon

at recent RIAI EGM speaker, supportive of SI.9 (and speaking against motion 1: revoke SI9), said it would put "clear blue water" between architect practices and technologist practices that were competing for the same work. The motion was defeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Its pretty clear to me even at this distance that the RIAI have not done to well representing their own members, they have never done well at representing AT members and I was one for a long time. They seem to be building a consensus in the middle ground but are loosing people along the way.

I suspect they mgiht get some tinkering around the edges of SI9 in next years review declare it a fantastic victory for Architects and then go and try and recover the ground they have lost to Engineers and Surveyors who don't seem to have the same issues with it as the Architects.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭RITwing

No6 wrote: »
    Engineers and Surveyors who don't seem to have the same issues with it as the Architects.

not so

Architects have been too craven to understand that if they lead a charge away from SI 9 that Engineers and Surveyors would follow them.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Hairy mellon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I think that is the first negative commentary I have seen from an engineer on SI9...maybe the lift is starting to reach the top floor!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭RITwing

On the way home tonight I was listening to a Teachers Union official saying that "we will not accept" continuous assement as a component of Junior Cert qualification . Why - because students were entitled to better than that. He would not be budged easily brushing aside accusations of self service. 3rd party assesment was a vital component of confering certificates of education on the students. and for the sake of the students they are preapred to take industrial action.

Why cant architects grow stones like that ? For the sake of the homeowner ...

Advertisement