Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun laoghaire or Dundrum

Options
  • 27-03-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a B&M open this week that i can get some decent juice
    in Dun Laoghaire or Dundrum? or any juice - Im stuck for it and will have to wait until Monday for a postal delivery:confused::confused::pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

There's a VIP counter in Bloomfields that sells juice. Not sure what it's like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

There's a VIP counter in Bloomfields that sells juice. Not sure what it's like though.

I've tried VIP and still buy some. I like them and think they're a good quality (but expensive at €7/€14) juice. As a stop gap I'd easily recommend and you should be able to try them all there (in their terrible clearos though).

I have a feeling thy're high in PG, but I'm not sure as the ingredients list Water first :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

one of the shops out the back of Blackrock Market sells juice, but I didn't look closely to see what or how much it cost.

Or I'm sure I've spare juice, what are you after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

accaguest wrote: »
    I've tried VIP and still buy some. I like them and think they're a good quality (but expensive at €7/€14) juice. As a stop gap I'd easily recommend and you should be able to try them all there (in their terrible clearos though).

I have a feeling thy're high in PG, but I'm not sure as the ingredients list Water first :rolleyes:

Afaik, it used to be 50/50 pg/vg, but changed to 70/30 recently. 15 euro for the 30ml, not 14.

Afaik, it used to be 50/50 pg/vg, but changed to 70/30 recently. 15 euro for the 30ml, not 14.

Ah you're right, sorry. 70/30 seems right as well from vaping.

Online I think it's 6 and 14 with free postage.

• Advertisement

accaguest wrote: »
    Ah you're right, sorry. 70/30 seems right as well from vaping.

Online I think it's 6 and 14 with free postage.

I sell for VIP and they didn't even tell me the ratio of pg/vg had changed. Just noticed it from vaping :pac:

Oh yeah, they're a euro cheaper online. Postage can take up to a week though, unless you order on a Thursday (stock is delivered on Thursday, so no chance of them running out and delaying postage).

The USA Mix is great imo. I was sure it was the Vanilla in it so bought some of that as well. It was good, but the mix was better. I had a lovely strawberry also.

This is a good juice. I think there might be a bit of snobbery cause you can get it in shopping centres/aul ones have it, but it seems top notch to me. Sure the real money's probably with the masses anyway I suppose.

Wonder how vaping's going to end up. Mad to think how new it is (on this level anyway).

*Thinks wistfully of being terrified taking first vape before xmas :D*

I hate the vanilla, I find it sickeningly sweet. I'm currently vaping a Nicofresh,'red cola' liquid though, so I have terrible taste :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks to all for the replies. Thanks Dublin CJM for the kind offer,I'll head down and get a small bot from bloomfields to keep me goin'.

dball wrote: »
    Thanks to all for the replies. Thanks Dublin CJM for the kind offer,I'll head down and get a small bot from bloomfields to keep me goin'.

No bother, sure let me know if you're stuck, and I'll sort you out with a fill of Virginia Prime, Eden or Cigarillos :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Virginia Prime, Eden or Cigarillos :D
    You must go through coils rapidly with that selection DublinCJM

I love HOL liquids, but there is that coil-killer attribute to them that has me searching for tobacco juices further afield.

Yep, it Murders them, and although I've bought all the gear, I've still not managed to make my own coils yet, so dry burning and steeping in vodka gets me a few goes out of them.

Lately I've been mixing in a little bit of Wingnuts Extreme Menthol, nice little kick, and it's obviously thinning the HOL juices down a bit too as the coils are lasting longer since doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

the Maxol garage (the big new shiny one) on the way up to Sandyford Village has both e-cigs & liquids, haven't bought from them but friend has, don't have too many details sorry - but might be of use to someone stuck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

There is a shop in Dun Laoghaire shopping centre across from the shop "Tiger" Only noticed it the other day, must be new, didn't get a chance to go in but it looked to be selling various e-cig stuff, they might have juice.

Dramatik wrote: »
    There is a shop in Dun Laoghaire shopping centre across from the shop "Tiger" Only noticed it the other day, must be new, didn't get a chance to go in but it looked to be selling various e-cig stuff, they might have juice.

Thanks for all the replies fellow vapers!
    I'm sorted now, I did go into that shop in DL Shopping Ctr and was very unimpressed with the juices, I think they are called bulldog. I tried one of them and didn't think much of it, then he wiped the clearo with an antiseptic wipe and handed me another to taste. I declined !
    He didn't seem to know much about the batteries either so I walked away.

I was in Blackrock market on the Friday but I couldnt find anyone in there selling anything vaping related - I guess its only the weekend market its available

I ended up buying a 24MG VIP menthol juice to get me through the weekend from Bloomfield shopping ctr. I'm used to using a 11 or 12mg so i dont have anything positive to say about that experience either.

Again - thanks for all the replies (Zero cigarettes smoked this weekend) 10 Months vaping today):D

So what's this about a shop in DL shopping centre?

Its where the women's clothes shop used to be - oppisite Tiger shop.
    Mostly non branded batteries and basic clearos, 2 glass cabinets and no branding in the shop at all, Id say its a start up operation and might develop if its supported. As i said in a previous post I didn't feel comfortable tasting the juices from a drip tip that is wiped clean after every use, i spoke to the guy who was working there and I made him very aware of this fact - I hope he took it on board and will get some disposable drip-tip covers for future customers. It looked as though it has only opened and I wished him the best of luck going forward. I didn't ask for prices as I wasn't going to waste any of his or my time.

GL

That's kind of the reason I didn't bother going into the shop, there was no sign/name, it was just painted white, didn't look very professional. So I presumed it would be selling cheap knock off type stuff ect.

It looks pretty kosha to me. Everything is branded Vaping Dog. They had lots of what look like protank type clearos and even a Vamo.

It was closed when I went by though, so couldn't go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

It looks pretty kosha to me. Everything is branded Vaping Dog. They had lots of what look like protank type clearos and even a Vamo.

It was closed when I went by though, so couldn't go in.

I was in there Friday, was branded and i asked they whats the story. Girl told me it was a 70VG/30PG mix, i tried several samples and boy was it smooth, good quality indeed! Got 3 10ml bottles for €12.50. Got a Vaping Dog unit also, nice pro tank type unit, slick. If the board on the wall is correct, they have over 70 flavours, might be the beginning of a new brand in Dublin. The Vamo was not there, would have liked to try that.

• Advertisement

http://www.vaping365.com/index.html

This's the name of the shop, you can have a look as some of the juices here.

I w in dun laoghaire last night and passed a new b&m store opp Alexs newsagents. It was after 8pm so it was closed. it looks good - be back in DL in 2 weeks and I'll def get in for a look. If anyone lives or works nearby please let us know what it's like

dball wrote: »
    I w in dun laoghaire last night and passed a new b&m store opp Alexs newsagents. It was after 8pm so it was closed. it looks good - be back in DL in 2 weeks and I'll def get in for a look. If anyone lives or works nearby please let us know what it's like

Any idea of the name?

ciga(something clever/smoke related in here) - cant remember

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Any idea of the name?

Cigatec it's called, only saw it on my way to the one in the shopping centre.

Was in there today, some nice juices from France, the guy running it is French I think.

He also had some seriously amazing juice from california, five pawns I think it is called, pricey though at 28 quid for 30 ml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Cigatec it's called, only saw it on my way to the one in the shopping centre.

Was in there today, some nice juices from France, the guy running it is French I think.
    They have about a dozen retail outlets in France & their liquids sell in garages over there, I think it's a franchise type deal.

Cigatec. - called in at the weekend, great set up. lots of shiny bits and some great juices to taste.

We've lost Monstamash!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Just an update on vaping365 in the Dun Laoghaire shopping centre, they have a new lad working there who really shouldn't be working in retail. He barely responds to questions and when he does it's a grunt while he stares at his shoes.

Me: Can I try the watermelon flavour?

Him: huh, ok, sigh

Me: Do you have a disposable cover for the drip tip?

Him: huh, NO

Me: I don't really feel it's a good idea hygiene wise, you should have some covers for the drip tips. Thanks anyway, bye.

Him: huh, Ok

Needless to say I won't be back, shocking service.

• Advertisement

Just an update on vaping365 in the Dun Laoghaire shopping centre, they have a new lad working there who really shouldn't be working in retail. He barely responds to questions and when he does it's a grunt while he stares at his shoes.

Me: Can I try the watermelon flavour?

Him: huh, ok, sigh

Me: Do you have a disposable cover for the drip tip?

Him: huh, NO

Me: I don't really feel it's a good idea hygiene wise, you should have some covers for the drip tips. Thanks anyway, bye.

Him: huh, Ok

Needless to say I won't be back, shocking service.

I was walking past with the intention to call in and sample some ejuice he was busy eating a burger king and had it all over the desk so i kept walking, never got back there but still intend to!

Advertisement