Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which console should I get, a PS4 or Xbox One??

Options
  • 27-03-2014 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys,
    Debating which console I should get. All of my friends that have bought a new console have the Xbox One. Originally I was going to get one but E3 put me off a little although I currently have a 360 and it's great. That being said I like RPGs and have been told there are more games of this genre on the Ps4 ( that may be wrong). Which console do you think is all round the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'd normally say get what ever platform your friends are on if your not too bothered about exclusives
    but if you think the ps4 has more games that you'd favour alot more and that you'd enjoy more, well then definitely go with what ever console will bring you more enjoyment

Theirs also a ps4 vs xbox one dicussion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057075192

all round best? well my friends all play on xbox one and I prefer xbox exclusives? so its not a matter of thinking its all opinion based

but if I am purely honest considering I have both I'd say the ps4 is all round best in terms of hardware and definitely has the edge over xbox but that could all change in a year's time who knows
    and yes sony are known for their rpg jap games so if thats your thing I'd go for it, you can always make new friends on ps4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ps4 is better technically. Better hardware. So if you are getting it just for cross platform games like GTAV, Assasins Creed, Watchdogs, COD, Fifa, etc....pick the ps4 because they will look better on them.

Having said that, Microsoft pay for their exclusives and will continue to do so. Therefore the xbone has games like Titanfall, Dead Rising, Halo, etc. that the Ps4 wont have. So if that's your bag, go with the Xbone.

Ultimately though, nobody can tell you what to do. You know yourself what suits you best. I think the decision should be mostly based on what your mates are on, and which controller you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Celadore

Thanks guys,
    Can make a bit more informed decision now. :) Know my friends are Xbox One but think I'm going to look at the exclusive games on each and just see which has the most that I would go for. If there is not any particular ones that stand out on either I'll go for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I think the best system is waiting for the systems to come out with good games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Kirby wrote: »
    Ps4 is better technically. Better hardware. So if you are getting it just for cross platform games like GTAV, Assasins Creed, Watchdogs, COD, Fifa, etc....pick the ps4 because they will look better on them.

Having said that, Microsoft pay for their exclusives and will continue to do so. Therefore the xbone has games like Titanfall, Dead Rising, Halo, etc. that the Ps4 wont have. So if that's your bag, go with the Xbone.

Ultimately though, nobody can tell you what to do. You know yourself what suits you best. I think the decision should be mostly based on what your mates are on, and which controller you prefer.

Is dead rising not available on ps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Is dead rising not available on ps?

Only Dead Rising 2 on the PS3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Please check the thread linked above discussing this topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement