Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

PS4 all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Getting both on launch, but the PS4 had me sold on it since February. Only jumped on the X1 when they had the free Forza 5 pack. I was a 360 fan since launch last generation but since this year with PS+ I've gone back to Sony and can see the PS4 being my primary console this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Getting both on launch. Pre-ordered the PS4 in March and the Xbox One in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Poll needs an atari jaguar option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Both by default, but if I didn't need them for work, neither for another year or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I'm an Xbox 360 player currently but I think it will be a PS4 for next gen, won't be buying for at least a year yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Think I'd go for PS4 myself. One thing to consider though it the PlayStaion 4 does not support external hard drives. Battlefield 4 is 35GB, Knack is 37GB, and rumours put Call of Duty: Ghosts is 49GB. You can replace the console's internal hard drive as long as it fits a number of criteria. It must be no thicker than 9.5mm and larger than 160GB. Sony's also revealed that while you can rent games on disc, play them and then decide to purchase a copy, it won't be a smooth transition. The disc install data (presumably including any of your progress) must be deleted before you install the new, digital version, which must be downloaded in its entirety. Also, you will not be able to play MP3s or audio CDs on your new games machine. It will play DVD and Blu-ray movies, but it no longer features DLNA support, so you won't be able to stream videos or other media from your home PC.

http://www.playerattack.com/news/2013/10/31/ps4-no-external-storage-pc-streaming-mp3s/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm an Xbox 360 player currently but I think it will be a PS4 for next gen, won't be buying for at least a year yet though.

I'm much the same. Wouldn't get either day one, there just isn't enough new games there. Maybe next summer if I can afford it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Not at launch, in 2014 though. Probably ps4, but the kinect with the xbone also looks pretty nice. It might just boil down to what most of my friends get so I can play with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Xbox on launch for me, Dead Rising and Forza are two of my favourite games so looking forward to them. I would get both if I could afford it but the PS4 will have to wait until I have the spare cash to get it.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't buy either til the first round of price-drops and decent bundles but the plan was PS4. I was willing to put up with the controller but then MS dropped the mandatory Kinect and Sony started being arseholes about things like playing MP3s. So for now, undecided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Dont think il get either for a year or two, mite just stick to the pc for now. But if i do it will be a ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wouldn't buy either til the first round of price-drops and decent bundles but the plan was PS4. I was willing to put up with the controller but then MS dropped the mandatory Kinect and Sony started being arseholes about things like playing MP3s. So for now, undecided.

You'll be waiting for a long time, considering the PS4 is €100 cheaper than the one it likely won't drop in price by €1 until the ONE has dropped €80-100 that is unless the ONE starting to kill in sales.

I'd say it'll be 18 months to 2 years before a price drop happens, the price point may not change but Sony at least do like to add value while retaining the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Getting Xbox One with Fifa, Forza, BF4, and cod ghost. In March I'll get Titanfall.

Varik wrote: »
    You'll be waiting for a long time, considering the PS4 is €100 cheaper than the one it likely won't drop in price by €1 until the ONE has dropped €80-100 that is unless the ONE starting to kill in sales.

I'd say it'll be 18 months to 2 years before a price drop happens, the price point may not change but Sony at least do like to add value while retaining the same price.

Bundles are apparently going to inflate the price at the start. It may be January 2015 before the price drop, I'll wait that long no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I won't be buying either until there are a few games I want to play, right now for me there's no reason to get one.

Also I want to wait and see what way each system performs after a few months ownership, see if they are reliable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will get the PS4 first, but neither till next year sometime. Still way to many things to play on the PS3 and pc at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I am only going with 1 machine this round. I'm leaning towards the PS4, but I'm tempted to hold off a bit and see what the steambox can do. Plenty of 360 games I still have not played, so in no real rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Neither! :D

FU Consumerism! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nothing interests me at all on either that i cant already play on PC.
    Titanfall is coming to PC too so as of yet theres nothing on either that is
    A. exclusive
    and
    B. interesting to me

This video sums it up for me.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-should-you-hold-off-on-next-gen/2300-6415611/

But i will be buying one for my son, as of yet im not fully sure which.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Playstation 4 because I am sticking with the same company since I was 8 years old

once the games I want comes out like infamous second son and metal gear I be all over next gen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Will probably pick up a PS4 after 6 months. Will wait for a decent selection of games and the initial hardware issues to smooth out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I got the PS2 and 3 at launch but wont be doing it again. I have a good gaming PC with a one year old high end card so Im sticking to that for now. I just picked up a key for Metro Last Light on a 48 hour sale for 10 euro, so Im happy with what I have.

Plus I heard the PS4 wont have any of the ability of the PS3 to play a vast amount of file formats, no picture card readers etc. I need most of that on my PS3 so Ill keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'll probably pick up the PS4 first. It's a fairly well priced piece of Hardware and finally has more comfortable controllers that the XBOX1.

Although now that I'm 1k Into my new PC build I might not get Either of them for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Ps4. Never been very much (if anything) worthwhile on xbox consoles that isn't available elsewhere if you're not big on FPS games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So you comparing both problems equally and cant decide... forced Kinect, dislike for controller VS a ability to play mp3 ( which is already confirmed to be patched in )... WoW...

Anyway, I am all the way ps4 for launch, got 480eu payed off so far for Killzone ega bundle + Ghost + Knack.
    I will be getting Xbox one after price drop later on, got good few friends on that box and I cant resist Forza games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Thread needs a both option

Xbone at launch, PS4 in Jan/Feb probably (a few months ago it was the opposite)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PS4 at launch. I intend on getting the XBOX One late in 2014. I want to see how it gets on before I spend a large amount on it.

So you comparing both problems equally and cant decide... forced Kinect, dislike for controller VS a ability to play mp3 ( which is already confirmed to be patched in )... WoW...

Missing-the-Point.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,238 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PS4 at launch. Don't know if I'll go for the XB1 at a later stage. Have the PS3 and 360, but just rarely bother with the 360 these days. While some of the XB1 exclusives do look great, and probable unannounced exclusives down the line, I just don't think it'll be enough to make me get both. PS4 is definitely my preference though. While all the "Social & Sharing" features don't interest me in the slightest, the PS3 was just a brilliant console, PS+ has been insane value for money, and there's simply nothing the XB1 has that I want which the PS4 doesn't also have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement