Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda pulse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

great tool for checking up on models

80 times i might add

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

This very issue was also raised by the Garda whistleblowers over two years ago!

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/10/25/early-profiling/

"Mr Wilson says that gardaí were encouraged to do this by senior gardaí.

Mr Wilson says that gardaí are in the practice of stopping and searching young people in certain, “working-class areas”, under the Misuse of Drugs Act and that gardaí would put these youths’ names on PULSE and record them as having been searched for drugs.

Mr Wilson alleges that this uploading of names to PULSE would take place even if, during the course of a search, nothing untoward was found."

This happened to me. Started driving a little civic and was stopped a few times a week. Requested my pulse info and over 40 unsuccessful searches recorded. I mean no wonder there short on staff recording that useless ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

carzony wrote: »
    This happened to me. Started driving a little civic and was stopped a few times a week. Requested my pulse info and over 40 unsuccessful searches recorded. I mean no wonder there short on staff recording that useless ****.
    That information is far from useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

Hi,newbie2013,
    However I do hold a silly record for drunken stupidity and for medicinal cannabis near 10 years ago.

Every Garda has a Note Book,
    Every Garda Will Report,
    That are the orders observe and report...
    If You Feel that the report is wrong. You Can "Plead your case to the Minister" & up date the data on garda pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Zambia wrote: »
    That information is far from useless.

What's useful about it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

fergus1001 wrote: »
    great tool for checking up on models

80 times i might add

Facebook for the guards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Just because you don't see a use for it, does not make it useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

How much was "invested" in this Pulse system? Just from the screen grabs shown on TV it looks like the poxy old Microsoft Access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

stoneill wrote: »
    How much was "invested" in this Pulse system? Just from the screen grabs shown on TV it looks like the poxy old Microsoft Access.

61 million initially according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PULSE_%28Police_Using_Leading_Systems_Effectively%29

If it does look like "poxy old Microsoft Access" then the timeframe of its introduction would explain why. There is a lot more to a computer system than just a pretty front end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

stoneill wrote: »

I would not go by the screen grabs on TV. Often library footage / photos of scenes are used to illustrate a story. I have seen some tv programmes use stock footage that were nothing like they were discussing. You could very well be viewing a screen shot of an Access Spreadsheet purely for demonstrative purposes only ...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Wheelnut wrote: »
    There are medical treatments that can be helpful to people who suffer from paranoia or hallucinations.

Edit @ PHV: error of timing, my post does not refer to your's.

My doctor told me that I was paranoid. I wonder who else did he tell

Advertisement