Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm looking at buying a coffee machine, how can you tell which Delonghi machine is better than the others? They have so many different types

Cheers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Decide on your budget, stick to it, and read the reviews of the machines that fall in and around it.

It's not fulfilled by amazon so not sure how trust worthy it is

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Also the water tank is at the back, which could make it a pain to pull out and fill every day. The machine I have, the water tank can be pulled out from thee front, makes it much easier IMO.

• Advertisement

That wouldn't really bother me as it's like that on my current nespresso machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

Del007 wrote: »
    I'm looking at buying a coffee machine, how can you tell which Delonghi machine is better than the others? They have so many different types

Cheers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97845606

I started a similar thread before - delighted with the machine I went with.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

That wouldn't really bother me as it's like that on my current nespresso machine.

I also moved from a Nespresso machine to a similar machine. These machines are far larger and heavier then the Nespresso machines, making access to the back of them much harder. I'd hate to have to pull the water tank out of the back of my Delonghi every day!

It might be ok for you, but something to think about.

The machine I have is similar * to this one (the water tank is on the right hand side and can be pulled out from the front):

* Not exactly the same, the button and screen layout is different, but the rest of the machine looks the same and the buttons actually do the same thing, so I suspect same machine just different "look".

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00400OMU0/ref=pd_cp_79_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6FM1KAK3882NFQX36R7D

€300 and sold by Amazon direct. Seems like a great deal actually. I see it is the number one seller in coffee machines at the moment, says it all IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

bk wrote: »
    I also moved from a Nespresso machine to a similar machine. These machines are far larger and heavier then the Nespresso machines, making access to the back of them much harder. I'd hate to have to pull the water tank out of the back of my Delonghi every day!

It might be ok for you, but something to think about.

The machine I have is similar * to this one (the water tank is on the right hand side and can be pulled out from the front):

* Not exactly the same, the button and screen layout is different, but the rest of the machine looks the same and the buttons actually do the same thing, so I suspect same machine just different "look".

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00400OMU0/ref=pd_cp_79_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6FM1KAK3882NFQX36R7D

€300 and sold by Amazon direct. Seems like a great deal actually. I see it is the number one seller in coffee machines at the moment, says it all IMO.

This is what I got a few weeks ago. Absolutely fantastic machine. And a better model than the regularly dearer Esam4200 on Amazon UK.

I did a lot of research on the various DeLonghis and the 22.110 is the one to go for, and temperature options for water ensure that if you want a hot cup you can have it. Only disadvantage for regular drinkers is a smallish water holder, you'd probably only get 3 americanos from it before a refill....

see my, and Do_more's posts earlier in this thread, and note that it's a large parcel for Parcel Motel if using them so you would need to collect..

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Has anyone had an issue with the grinder on these?

I am trying to get a stronger coffee and just can't get the extraction time over 20 seconds for 60ml.

I have set the coffee quantity to the top, the grinder to the finest, and the coffee still pours in under 15 seconds.

I wonder can the grinders go faulty in these?

• Advertisement

Maybe try different means, my girlfriends Brazillian Beans from Minas are much stronger, as per the preferred style in Brazil (strong with lots of sugar!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

bk wrote: »
    Maybe try different means, my girlfriends Brazillian Beans from Minas are much stronger, as per the preferred style in Brazil (strong with lots of sugar!).

And I am using Ariosa beans (local cafe used them and everyone loved their coffee) and it's great stuff! They are Westmeath based and I order online, think they are in Temple Bar market on Saturday (or Sunday) not sure.

http://www.ariosacoffee.com/shop/product.php?s=espresso-blend-2

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Price drop to 229 pounds on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

Anyone have a good source for those descaling cleaning liquid things that you are to use with this - got one with it, but used it a while back. ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

ozmo wrote: »
    Anyone have a good source for those descaling cleaning liquid things that you are to use with this - got one with it, but used it a while back. ta.

Just buy a descaler in local hardware/diy store. HG do a good one and they are stocked in Woodie's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Kenilworth Electrical on the Harolds Cross Road stock it:

http://www.kenilworthelectrical.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

meeeeh wrote: »
    Just buy a descaler in local hardware/diy store. HG do a good one and they are stocked in Woodie's.

There are several warning in the device manual about not using standard kettle descalers that put me off using a generic one... there are a lot of plastic and hoses in there I don't want mess up.

any links to exactly the one you have success with? thanks.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I just ordered a large bottle of the delonghi stuff off amazon. It should be good for 5 or 6 uses I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

There are several warning in the device manual about not using standard kettle descalers that put me off using a generic one... there are a lot of plastic and hoses in there I don't want mess up.

any links to exactly the one you have success with? thanks.

We use this one: http://uk.hg.eu/products/show/id/493/removal_of_limescale

But you can also get one specifically for coffee machines:
    http://uk.hg.eu/products/show/id/9701/descaler_for_espresso___pod_coffee_machines

I find hg to be very good brand for a lot of cleaning stuff. Their mould remover is brilliant in comparison to some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Have been using white vinegar in mine for the last 10 years, no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Finally pulled the trigger on this now the waiting and the search for good coffee beans begins. 😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

sioda wrote: »
    Finally pulled the trigger on this now the waiting and the search for good coffee beans begins. 😊😊😊
    Good value to be had here:
    http://www.discountcoffee.ie/coffee/coffee-beans/coffee-beans-single-bags

Can you recommend any of the coffee that they have?

Tried Sumatra, Signature and Templebar, and I didn't notice much of a difference between them to be honest. Templebar is cheaper but still really nice. I just use for espressos.
    I'd say start with one Templebar and one Signature and take it form there.
    Only downside is the courier fee for orders under €50, pity they don't do regular postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I have tried a few of the discountcoffee beans and didn't find them great tbh - I think you would be doing your lovely new machine a disservice! :) Well worth spending a bit more on freshly roasted beans - the difference is massive imo and you can pick up 1kg of freshly roasted beans delivered from the likes of Ponaire for around €20-22 iirc. That's a good deal as you would normally pay €7-8 for a 250g bag from most coffee shops

The Colombian beans in M&S aren't bad back-up/supermarket beans if you are stuck and are around €4.50 a bag I think

I have tried a few of the discountcoffee beans and didn't find them great tbh - I think you would be doing your lovely new machine a disservice! :) Well worth spending a bit more on freshly roasted beans - the difference is massive imo and you can pick up 1kg of freshly roasted beans delivered from the likes of Ponaire for around €20-22 iirc. That's a good deal as you would normally pay €7-8 for a 250g bag from most coffee shops
    Worth twice the price though?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭wush06

I've ordered this - the De'Longhi Magnifica ECAM 22.110 - for only €299 plus €10 delivery on Amazon Germany.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00400OMU0/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2

delonghi.png

It's €360 on Amazon France and nearer to €400 on Amazon UK so the Amazon Germany is a very good deal.

From what I gather it's actually a better model than the ESAM4200 being discussed on here.

Looking forward to some good coffee!

It's down to €269 now so just bought it and sent it to my parcel motel Christmas sorted so early for the missus the weight of my shoulders and it's only the start of November 😂😂😂👍👍👍 cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Worth twice the price though?

It's all relative. Imo if you are spending €200+ on a machine you might as well put decent beans into it, otherwise I don't really see the point to be honest. You may as well just use pre-ground in a french press - it would be much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

The Colombian beans in M&S aren't bad back-up/supermarket beans if you are stuck and are around €4.50 a bag I think

Totally agree, its pointless spending a couple of hundred on a machine and running mediocre beans through it. I can vouch for Ponaire they are quite reasonable as prices go for freshly roasted beans they have a good range plus free delivery for orders over 500g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

wush06 wrote: »
    It's down to €269 now so just bought it and sent it to my parcel motel Christmas sorted so early for the missus the weight of my shoulders and it's only the start of November 😂😂😂👍👍👍 cheers.

That's a great price for a really good machine

Advertisement