Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Aeroplanes - commercial 1:100 - 1:400 scale

Options
  • 18-03-2014 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Sorry this is a duplicate post from the aviation forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057170350

Hi all,
    I was getting my brother a gift the other day - he likes model aeroplanes,
    and saw some beauties in a shop in Barcelona - (its called Scaletric and is on C/ Pelayo - highly recommended for planes, trains cars etc - and fantastic quality )

There was an absolute beauty of a Boeing 777 Air France (scale 1:100) - but was pricey - around €170.

I ended up getting a smaller scale model of the 777 (1:400) for €30 ... nice diecast ... anyone recommend a good site for getting these online ?

Cos now I'm in the mood for one myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 all the questions

Hi the_Monkey

ID Models in Wicklow stock a large enough range of diecast/resin aircraft, although it's more resin that diecast.

http://idmodels.ie/aircraft.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hi thanks,
    Resin is the plastic yeah ? diecast is metal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 all the questions

Yep, Resin are a solid plastic (more popular) and diecast are the metal ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Yep, Resin are a solid plastic (more popular) and diecast are the metal ones.
    I think the diecast is much better quality, I got a Herpa Boeing 777 and it's top quality, real solid feel to it ..
    The plastic ones look cheap around the cockpit windows , like its not the right shape or something ..

Advertisement