Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Granada Mk1 Coupe

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Well we're up to twelve Irish ones...............

XID 352
    WFI***
    WTI***
    VTI***
    810 PRI
    WZF***
    TZF***
    XZF63
    ZIE***
    UZF***
    ***CIK
    REI 777

Any advance on that?

I heard that XZF 63 had a very hard front crash back in the early '90s, don't think it survived it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

ianobrien wrote: »
    A buddy of mine used to own that. He got rid of it after loosing interest when the oil pump drive failed at half two in the morning. It spread bits of it's conrods all over the roads. Structurally it was OK but cosmetically not top-notch.

It was a very, very comfy car for a long journey and I know that the next owner got it "professionally" restored.

I saw it in the flesh last year, or maybe the year before. Paint had just been laid on, lots of trim was missing, bit rough tbh. Think it had a gearbox issue at the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mk1 gran

There another one ZTI aswell and she was silver. All I can account is that 810PRI and XID352 that still about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I saw it in the flesh last year, or maybe the year before. Paint had just been laid on, lots of trim was missing, bit rough tbh. Think it had a gearbox issue at the time too.

Thanks for that. It seems to have gone downhill as my buddy owned it 5 to 6 years ago. That was the last time I saw it in the flesh but I saw photos of it from the next owner getting it restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Rooting around I found a cutting from Irish Independent motoring section Fri april 26 1996 showing XID 352 with some ongoing restoration underway. It was owned by Patrick Fitzpatrick 35 according to the article.

• Advertisement

WZF 670 is the Granada in When Brendan meets Trudy movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

GranadaCoupe.jpg

WZF 670 with its first owner in 1975, wonder what were the other 8 Fords he picked??

Wow. Great big of digging. That was a nice perk.

Nice picture. Wonder is WZF670 still around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

uk.jpg.jpg

Spotted this photo of 850 CIK on another forum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I think the legendary Kerry footballer/manager Mick O'Dwyer had one in the 70's.

elperello wrote: »
    I think the legendary Kerry footballer/manager Mick O'Dwyer had one in the 70's.

Can you remember colour of it or reg ?

Sorry I can't help you there.
    Maybe worth trying over on the GAA section?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mk1 gran wrote: »
    My one is arizona bronze :)

Bunny Carr - he of Quicksilver and Going Strong fame - had one in that colour...........wonder is yours his old one ..........???

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Bunny Carr - he of Quicksilver and Going Strong fame - had one in that colour...........wonder is yours his old one ..........???
    as far I know mines was belong to Dunlop tyres in dublin. She dublin reg aswell. Tried putting a picture up but won't let me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

bit of a shed? (and you can't re-reg in the UK without an MoT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

Is that the one that was sold in Gorey a few weeks ago?

• Advertisement

Yea that the rotten one that was in gorey. Was sold for €2000. Look she double her money in the UK

Blue850 wrote: »
    GranadaCoupe.jpg

WZF 670 with its first owner in 1975, wonder what were the other 8 Fords he picked??

Strange it doesn't have the Gaia alloys.......big std steels, did the Dr know the difference?..

Blue850 wrote: »
    GranadaCoupe.jpg

Strange it doesn't have the Ghia alloys.......bog std steels, did the Dr know the difference?.. Were the wheels swapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I've seen plenty of 4 dr Ghia's with those wheels. Maybe the alloys weren't standard over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

mk1 gran wrote: »
    Nice picture. Wonder is WZF670 still around?

According to Cartell, it is. Its showing up as a 2000, not 3000. :(

There is a good article about 810 PRI in this month's Irish Vintage Scene. Some lovely pics.

Advertisement