Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March Madness 2014

• 14-03-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭

I decided that this great tournament deserved it's own thread. I don't expect it to be post heavy, but I think the tournament is big enough to warrant a thread. With selection sunday almost upon, and bubble teams fighting for inclusion. I'm currently watching the Big 10 here on ESPN, Nebraska vs Ohio St, some great games on today and tomorrow with the conference titles up for grabs. Arkansas in the Southern Conference and Cal in the Pac 10 both got bounced out of their respective conference tournaments. Both teams will be praying that there won't be any surprise teams unexpectedly capturing a conference crown.Winning automatic qualification to the tournament takes away an at-large spot that could go to a bubble team. Kansas vs Iowa State conference semi is on later, should be a good watch, looking forward to seeing how Wiggins plays.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Felexicon

ACC title game is on ESPN now.
    Good chance to see what Jabari Parker can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Great game between Duke and Virginia, really good intensity. Parker and Hood have both layed eggs in the 1st half, Parker has been settling for tough jump shots. Coach K nearly lost his mind at one point there.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cracking game there between Albany and Mount St Marys.

Today is one of the best days in the year as a basketball fan. The tournament is particularly interesting this year, with so many elite talents on show it has the potential to be the best tournament in ages. Let the madness begin!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Finished for the day and looking forward to the madness. Can't wait to see my bracket be busted open! have Virginia winning it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 E.Scifo

buyer95 wrote: »
    Today is one of the best days in the year as a basketball fan. The tournament is particularly interesting this year, with so many elite talents on show it has the potential to be the best tournament in ages. Let the madness begin!

Really p i s s e d that this year we miss over half the games on Thursday and Friday as it's not on until 10pm :mad:, bring back ESPN America... today alone we miss Ohio State v Dayton, Cin v Harvard and Pitt v Colorado with all 3 having the potential to be really tight.

Its not on until 9.30pm on Saturday and 10pm on Sunday so again we will not get to see some last 32 games, they better not be the potential W.State v Kentucky and O. State v Syracuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Down goes 6 seed Ohio State, losing 60-59 to 11 seed Dayton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Down goes 6 seed Ohio State, losing 60-59 to 11 seed Dayton

Fouling yer man on the 3 was really, really stupid.

9 seed Pitt looking....erm....comfortable to say the least right now, leading 8 seed Colorado 46-18 at half time

Had Dayton beating Ohio so the bracket is not quite busted yet.

• Advertisement

2 seed Wisconsin hammer 15 seed American U 75-35

So it's looking like I won't be winning the billion dollars... Have Harvard to Cinci, which is looking possible atm.

9 seed Pitt take down 8 seed Colorado 77-48 to move on

Florida up at 20:10 for anyone interested..

Harvard upset Cincinati 61-57.

Syracuse go through, beating West Michigan 77-53

Oregon also moving on, taking down BYU 87-68

Gators go through to the last 32! *christ, that actually rhymes....*

They beat 16th seed Albany 67-55

Gators go through to the last 32! *christ, that actually rhymes....*

They beat 16th seed Albany 67-55

Adriean Payne going off on one for Michigan State, he's scored 25 of their 55 so far.

Manhattan - Louisville :eek:

And Louisville just about hang on to progress, great effort from Manhattan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Erikas1234

ACC title game is on ESPN now.
    Good chance to see what Jabari Parker can do.

• Advertisement

BjRgWbzCEAA4ZAT.jpg:large

Fantastic game between UNC and Providence there. Prov should have held on but UNC'S offensive rebounding killed them. What a performance from Prov's Cotton, was really impressed with him.

Kansas playing like idiots so far against Stanford. Really brainless,forcing needless shots again and again.

Edit. Right on cue they nail a buzzer beater 3 to go in ahead at halftime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Kansas playing like idiots so far against Stanford. Really brainless,forcing needless shots again and again.

Edit. Right on cue they nail a buzzer beater 3 to go in ahead at halftime
    Madness, like did 99% off Stanfords points come in the pain in the second half

astonaidan wrote: »
    Madness, like did 99% off Stanfords points come in the pain in the second half

Kansas go home after shooting something like 19/58 for the game. Idiots.

Cracking game between Kentucky and Wichita State, Kentucky win by 2.

Wichita gone aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 annelin

the game is starting

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

annelin wrote: »
    the game is starting

Indeed it is/was.

And a very interesting game it is too.

Really looking foward to Louisville v Kentucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Refs ain't helping Tennessee.

That Staukas shot may've finished this one.

What a terrible call

Nothing worse than the refs deciding it instead of the players.

Michigan hold off Tennessee 73-71 to go to the Elite 8 but that call......

UConn are Elite 8 bound taking out 3 seed Ohio State 81-76

Gators take down Dayton 72-62 and are heading to the Final 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Michigan v Kentucky was a great game last night. The Harrison twins were huge down the stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

4e298e4e0c42843a9ad5ca426fbf02cc.png

Predictions for tonight lads?

A kentucky - Florida final for me. I really love what Cal has done with this Kentucky team. There's no standout player like in previous years, just a solid group of well coached guys.

Paully D wrote: »
    4e298e4e0c42843a9ad5ca426fbf02cc.png

Predictions for tonight lads?

Kentucky + Florida

Really looking forward to bothe of these games. I think the UConn Gators game will be a lot closer than people think. Florida should still win but Connecicut won't make it easy, and if they are still in the game coming down the stretch I would back them to knock off the Gators. I love Napier, he has put this UConn team on his back, and has been unbelievably in the clutch. Should be a great night of ball on ESPN!

• Advertisement

UConn couldn't score for all the 1st half and then reel off 11 straight to make it a 1 point game. All because of Napier penetrating and finding the open man.

buyer95 wrote: »
    UConn couldn't score for all the 1st half and then reel off 11 straight to make it a 1 point game. All because of Napier penetrating and finding the open man.

Good and all as Napier is I think Floridas strength in numbers should see this out over the 40 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

UConn win by 10.

Unreal result. Fair ****s to the Huskies, looked on course for a beatdown early doors. 3 ball deserted the Gators tonight. General offense was rough in truth.

Paully D wrote: »
    UConn win by 10.

Well that showed me...

TNT is desperate for a Wildcats win..

What a insane finish!!! Kentucky win at the death.

So, who's everyone rooting for in the Final tonight?

Hoping UConn pull through myself.

Yeah I'm hoping for a UConn win too, more because I dislike what Calipari has done since getting the Kentucky job. Grantlands Mark Titus summed up my feelings on the whole thing quiet well.

After all, a big part of college basketball’s popularity comes from the sense of community it creates. Shabazz Napier isn’t just a good basketball player to UConn fans — he’s an ambassador. He’s one of them. He’s from the same area and goes to the same school they went to. He maybe even stayed in the same dorm, took classes in the same buildings, got drunk at the same bars, did keg stands at the same frats, grabbed fourth meal at the same Taco Bell, peed in the same elevator on the way back to his room, and passed out in the same bed as some of them. The one-and-done guys at Kentucky do what’s best for them (as they should), but you can’t help but wonder if they were in Lexington because they wanted to be a part of the UK experience, or if they were just there because the NBA told them they had to be

Anyway I'm hoping for a great championship game, the last time that UConn were in the final it was a stinker. I think Kentucky probably shade it but I hope I'M wrong!

In fairness its not Cals job to create a family atmosphere on the UK campus. His job is plain and simple, to win basketball games. If that means getting the likes of Anthony Davis and John Wall to come to play for a year then so be it in my opinion. The person to blame would be the AD and Athletics board.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement